Todays crowd & atmosphere

Todays crowd & atmosphere

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 pm

:shock: Hmm hopefully it will all pick up now we're winning games, but I can't see where the atmosphere is going to come from.
Crooky MFC

Re: Todays crowd & atmosphere

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:53 pm

It was a terrible match to watch, i'm not surprised there was no atmosphere
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Thank goodness Hales came on to ruffle a few of the North Stand feathers.

He alone got the fans going!

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 pm

1500 with about 100 of theirs,absolutely appalling attendance admittedly a lousy day
scalehallshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote:1500 with about 100 of theirs,absolutely appalling attendance admittedly a lousy day

122 to be correct!

Poor attendance. Poor atmosphere. Poor conditions.

BUT

Sod the performance......a great result that sees us climb a couple of places in the League.
Christies Child

Postby NeilG » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Sod the performance......a great result that sees us climb a couple of places in the League.

Agreed, it wasn't pretty but I felt so much better at full time with the three points, onwards and upwards :D
NeilG

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:02 pm

1500 for a home match on a saturday is very worrying whatever the weather
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Crooky sometimes I think you expect our atmosphere to be like an Anfield European night, we can only dream :D
The weather was awful, we had a home midweek match which we lost and I think many were saving a few pennies by missing this 'average' fixture. 3 wins in a row and hopefully another coming up and the numbers will rise again!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:22 pm

ezz wrote:Crooky sometimes I think you expect our atmosphere to be like an Anfield European night, we can only dream :D
The weather was awful, we had a home midweek match which we lost and I think many were saving a few pennies by missing this 'average' fixture. 3 wins in a row and hopefully another coming up and the numbers will rise again!!

Pfft, were you at CP in the conference days, or even the past 2 seasons? We used to have a home atmosphere to be proud of, now its absolute dire. The atmosphere this season has been shocking, not just today. :?

Away days = :)
Crooky MFC

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:28 pm

very poor attendance today but it was very bad weather conditions and we were playing a team with a small away support at least it was not the lowest attendance in the FL today :)
a win on tuesday at darlo should bump the Bury gate up they will have a good following with them
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:
ezz wrote:Crooky sometimes I think you expect our atmosphere to be like an Anfield European night, we can only dream :D

Pfft, were you at CP in the conference days, or even the past 2 seasons? We used to have a home atmosphere to be proud of, now its absolute dire. The atmosphere this season has been shocking, not just today. :?

Away days = :)

Atmosphere wasn't that good and yes I was there, it was just better. Seriously though we'd never really generate a good atmosphere unless its for a really big game, people just dont want to join in that much.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:11 am

I join in when I'm there and I travel 330 miles for a home game !!!!! so come on you locals get singing ;)
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:54 am

Crooky MFC wrote:
Pfft, were you at CP in the conference days, or even the past 2 seasons?

I remember plenty of quiet matches in the conference.
campdave

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:40 am

Happens everytime we have 2 games a week as people just can't afford it but on the + side, another bloody excellent 3 points in very poor conditions with everyone giving 100%. Onward + upward :!:
oh by the way for those moaners.........we have a higher average home attendance so far this season than last after the same number of games but expect lower gates for the next few weeks as Christmas looms near.
Bloody excellent results recently though and if we play poor and get 3 points brilliant as we've played enough games very well recently and come away with nothing.
nobbyshrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 am

It has always been like this for home fixtures unless it is perceived as a "big" game.
The crowd never really get going, although the main stand was rocking yesterday after Hayles came on. Best comment was "He's number 38, must be his waist size!" :lol:
It is far more fun away from home. Maybe the away fans, who have had to travel are just determined to have a good time :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:23 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:It has always been like this for home fixtures unless it is perceived as a "big" game.
The crowd never really get going, although the main stand was rocking yesterday after Hayles came on. Best comment was "He's number 38, must be his waist size!" :lol:
It is far more fun away from home. Maybe the away fans, who have had to travel are just determined to have a good time :)

Oh how I wish...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:12 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote: Best comment was "He's number 38, must be his waist size!" :lol:

You forgot the "he's never 38!" I thought he was older but he's actually 37. He certainly livened the game up when he came on, I thought Andy Parrish was going to knock his block off! :lol:

Good to see Uncle still keeping the away manager well in his box!

Talking about atmosphere will there be more than 2000 in the 25,000 seater arena on Tuesday? :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote: Best comment was "He's number 38, must be his waist size!" :lol:

You forgot the "he's never 38!" I thought he was older but he's actually 37. He certainly livened the game up when he came on, I thought Andy Parrish was going to knock his block off! :lol:

Good to see Uncle still keeping the away manager well in his box!
Talking about atmosphere will there be more than 2000 in the 25,000 seater arena on Tuesday? :roll:

Silly me :oops: ......I only realised that Uncle does his Moooooooooooooooorecaaaaaaaaambe bit when the opposition manager 'attempts' to pass instructions to his players from the safety of the dug out!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby rickster » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:29 pm

atmosphere is shocking at home i stand just in front of the so called noisy fans which is just a bunch of kids they sing for ten mins when the team come out then are quite for most of the first half then the same in the second. but then sing at the end of game. even in the f. a cup replay the atmosphere was dreadful come on home fans get SINGING. but must say atmosphere away is so much better.
rickster

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:13 pm

rickster wrote:atmosphere is shocking at home i stand just in front of the so called noisy fans which is just a bunch of kids they sing for ten mins when the team come out then are quite for most of the first half then the same in the second. but then sing at the end of game. even in the f. a cup replay the atmosphere was dreadful come on home fans get SINGING. but must say atmosphere away is so much better.

why not try and start the singing yourself?
campdave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:Silly me :oops: ......I only realised that Uncle does his Moooooooooooooooorecaaaaaaaaambe bit when the opposition manager 'attempts' to pass instructions to his players from the safety of the dug out!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am reliably informed that you can't hear him from within the dugout. It is only when they venture out that the chants can be heard. Also been pointed out to me that some people concentrate on the game and doing their job rather than listening to the yokels! :lol:

Tis great entertainment when the away manager crumbles and has to have a slanging match with Uncle.

By the sounds of it there is now more fun being in the Main Stand rather than the cauldron of the North 8-)

(waits for fallout) :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:07 pm

rickster wrote:atmosphere is shocking at home i stand just in front of the so called noisy fans which is just a bunch of kids they sing for ten mins when the team come out then are quite for most of the first half then the same in the second. but then sing at the end of game. even in the f. a cup replay the atmosphere was dreadful come on home fans get SINGING. but must say atmosphere away is so much better.

we are better than the home support at other grounds
heysham_mfc

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Last season first 9 league games total home gate was 18732
This season first 9 league games total home gate is 20108
Notts County and Bradford games helped with attendances over 3000
8-)
ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:49 pm

The unfortunate and brutal truth is that we are a very badly supported team, we have had a very good run lately but are not putting bums on seats, no fault of anyone on here, 1500 at home after 3 good performances is a shamefull display from our towns so called fans :!: :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby sgt major » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 am

mrpotatohead wrote:The unfortunate and brutal truth is that we are a very badly supported team, we have had a very good run lately but are not putting bums on seats, no fault of anyone on here, 1500 at home after 3 good performances is a shamefull display from our towns so called fans :!: :!:

Our town's so called fans will all have been back on the Premier League/Championship bandwagon after an International week, whereas we had to travel to Crewe, I'm sure a home game last Saturday would have seen a bigger crowd.

Another slant on the Bury game is that on the night Man Utd are playing Spurs in the Carling Cup live on Sky, now wouldn't it have made sense for the two clubs to have realised this and come to an agreement between each other and the Football League to have had the game moved to this Saturday. Let's face it there are more Man Utd than Morecambe fans in this town and I'm sure a lot of Bury fans also support Man U so if I can work that one out surely some people at the club could!!!!!

I have been reliably informed that it was too much trouble to change the date of the fixture - that I'm sure is just police talk for they cant be arsed changing shifts etc. Ah well another bad take on the gate for the club - sad really.
sgt major

Next

Return to General Discussion