Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 0 Wilson f/t

Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 0 Wilson f/t

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 pm

unchanged team :?:
heysham_mfc

Re: Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 0 Wilson

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

1-0 at half time. Superb goal from Wilson who apparently took the ball from our half, beat three or four challenges before striking the ball home. Look forward to seeing that one!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Cheltenham 0 Wilson f/t

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Excellent, a "good solid win", great goal. Three wins on the trot!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:16 pm

very poor game & even worse in the 2nd half (please Sammy drop Mullins for the next game)
very poor officials
but 3 points is 3 points however we play :)
Shrimpman

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:25 pm

:D some people are never happy
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 pm

Great battling performance in bad conditions.I personally thought Mullin worked his socks off.Just goes to show its all about opinions.
mfcbro

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:43 pm

We battled for the 3 points today, it isn't always going to be pretty. First half I thought we were terrific. Come on, 3 league wins in a row, 6 points off the playoffs. ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Martin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Poor match in poor conditions with a poor referee.

Excellent goal and an excellent 3 points against a team in our area of the league.

The game was a little bit of an endurance test, but we showed great spirit and control to claim the win.
Martin

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:17 pm

On Tuesday I was not a happy bunny!

Today thanks to a well deserved but long overdue debut goal from LW, I'm feeling a bit more confident about things.

Whilst far from our best, we played well enough to see of the thugs of Cheltenham despite their additional player on the field in the shape of a crap ref.

Once again WH showed what a valuable signing he has been. Sheer quality....and who is this Parrish guy?

He can't be the same player who flattered to deceive earlier this season surely?

MoM for me was Haining but everybody gave 110% despite terrible conditions especially PJ who tracked back time after time.

Darlo next up, who will be smarting from a 5-2 defeat..... :!: :!: :!:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:39 pm

First half we were easily the better team and should really have gone in with a better lead. Second half we ground it out a bit. The back 4 played very well - Parrish was my MotM, though Wainy played a blinder to keep him out of trouble with the ref at one stage after an altercation with Barry Haynes.

Plenty to look forward to this season now.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Vinny » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Keith wrote:1-0 at half time. Superb goal from Wilson who apparently took the ball from our half, beat three or four challenges before striking the ball home. Look forward to seeing that one!

Yes, it was a fantastically determined run that must have taken him passed five of their players, looked like his strength would wain, but not only got the ball across, but beat the keeper with it - for me GOAL OF THE SEASON (so far! 8-) )
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby alwaysright » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Another good win but what a shit game.
alwaysright

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:18 pm

excellent result,3 on the trot and climbing the table at last,poor game in awful conditions not helped by an appalling ref who gave us absolutley nothing although could have made several bookings and didnt do so.Thought 1st half we should have been home and dry(sic) but they came more into it in 2nd half with the wind and ref.Still 3 points onwards and upwards
scalehallshrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:48 pm

great game imo, i thought we should have put the game to bed early on but 3 pointsm is 3 points....if we can beat darlington and bury we will be in and around play off places...good things to come!!! Thankgod the league is so tight this season otherwise we would have been gone without a chance....not jumping the gun but just feel the team we have can do it :D
thegentlegiant

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:06 pm

mfcbro wrote:Great battling performance in bad conditions.I personally thought Mullin worked his socks off.Just goes to show its all about opinions.

i 2nd that today! although Ive been criticizing him lately being one dimensional :shock:

oh and anyone notice the heated exchanges with Haining vs Artell and Haining vs Wilson in 2nd half and then Haining with there big daft center forward who came on as sub forget his name?
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:08 pm

That's what I like to hear, I hope Haining takes charge of our team as that's what we need in Jimbo's absence.
Can see him as a future captain if he's here long enough
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:19 pm

A terrible match, but the right team won today - Goodluck
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 pm

ezz wrote:That's what I like to hear, I hope Haining takes charge of our team as that's what we need in Jimbo's absence.

As soon as we signed Will I said the guy was class.
He hasn't proved me wrong and would like to see him alongside Jimbo.

He seemed to take charge on the field today with a lot of the balls being played from defence to midfield by Will...Arts of course did his long punts! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see Baz giving the ball to his defenders rather than the constant long boot. Play it from the back, thru' midfield and then to the strikers. Excellent.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:10 am

good game another 3 points very poor ref today though
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:28 am

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:A terrible match, but the right team won today - Goodluck

Thanks Nerso, we'll try and do you a favour on Tuesday night!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 am

ezz wrote:That's what I like to hear, I hope Haining takes charge of our team as that's what we need in Jimbo's absence.

to be right about it Haining was in the wrong Artell played fcuk at him for leaving that 6.4ft center forward sub unmarked at a corner

and then had a go at him to keep his concentration and keep focused as Haining was getting into a verbal exchange with the same player while the the game was in play

for me Artell was a close call for MoM
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:24 am

DawZi wrote:

to be right about it Haining was in the wrong Artell played fcuk at him for leaving that 6.4ft center forward sub unmarked at a corner

and then had a go at him to keep his concentration and keep focused as Haining was getting into a verbal exchange with the same player

for me Artell was MoM

Agreed. Arts has been superb since he took on the role of acting captain. At the moment with Arts , Haining and Parrish playing so well its hard to bring Jimbo back in.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 am

Martin wrote:Poor match in poor conditions with a poor referee.

Excellent goal and an excellent 3 points against a team in our area of the league.

The game was a little bit of an endurance test, but we showed great spirit and control to claim the win.

I thought the cliche a game of 2 halves was right for this one. We had an excellent 1st half but the second half was a different story as we sat back and lost our authority. We've had a lot about only playing for 45 mins in the (overpriced) programmes this season and I fear this game showed that was right. We were lucky they didn't equalise. A bit more self-discipline is needed
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Vinny » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the effort and points from this game and full credit to the team and management for the deserved and well-earned win.

However, there is always room for improvement, especially when defending a narrow 1-goal lead, which we know we're not that good at this season. One thing I noticed a few times yesterday, when we were putting pressure on the opponents penalty area and we ended up with a throw-in or a free-kick, why do we then take that pressure off and revert to playing backwards and across our back line and bring pressure on our own defence? Why we can't go for the jugular and second goal, I don't understand.

Another improvement would be to make use of earlier substitutions when players are either tiring or not being effective in producing that elusive second goal. Bringing Curtis on in the 89th minute is a nonesense. Curtis has looked very lively when he has come on and gives his all and should be given a run for at least 15-20 mins. Other players were tiring in the heavy conditions (eg Craney and Mullin) and making use of good squad players on the bench has got to improve our chances of the win or second goal.

The other thing is entertainment value to lift the crowd and to get more people coming back, they have to be given that feel-good factor and a 2-goal cushion certainly helps, rather than the desperation of hanging on.

Still, as I started, very happy with 3-points.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:46 am

Keith wrote:1-0 at half time. Superb goal from Wilson who apparently took the ball from our half, beat three or four challenges before striking the ball home. Look forward to seeing that one!

And here it is:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 353577.stm

Certainly Goal of our season up to now I.M.O. went passed 5 players with at least 2 more looking on helpless :D Twissy's shot also deserved a goal 8-)

ps Larry also makes L2 Team of the Week :D
http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 291,00.pdf
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion