Arn't we glad the club isn't run by the fans!!

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm

A few weeks ago many were calling for heads and to sack the manager after what was the majority a pretty unfortunate patch for us in terms of results. Plenty of draws but no wins, even though in most of the games we looked pretty good except our lack of finishing.
Anywho glad the board stayed calm, fully backed Sammy and thats now 3 league wins in a row.
Well done Sammy and the lads, keep it going through Christmas and we'll see what we can hope for come new year!!!!

Also well done to the players for bouncing back from a poor start riddled with injuries!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Arn't we glad the club isn't run by the fans!!

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:51 pm

I don't think that anyone with any sense entertained the idea that Sammy's job was at risk.
durhamshrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Go back to the Northampton defeat....you'll find a few!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parkyboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Northampton gane was a disaster and we have certainly made immense improvement since then , one or two of the changes neded then have beem made the main one ia=s Adams on the bench . Points are needed against Darlo and Bury thats far enough ahead to look
parkyboy

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:I don't think that anyone with any sense entertained the idea that Sammy's job was at risk.

I still believe that had recent results gone against us, that serious questions would have been asked. However, results have gone our way (excluding Carlisle) and Sammy and Mark can hopefully build on what has been achieved with the positivity that accompanies a win.

Still feel we need some blistering pace up front, in the shape of the 'Kendal Kid'... :?: :?: :?: ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby lancasterlivi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:34 pm

ezz wrote:A few weeks ago many were calling for heads and to sack the manager after what was the majority a pretty unfortunate patch for us in terms of results. Plenty of draws but no wins, even though in most of the games we looked pretty good except our lack of finishing.
Anywho glad the board stayed calm, fully backed Sammy and thats now 3 league wins in a row.
Well done Sammy and the lads, keep it going through Christmas and we'll see what we can hope for come new year!!!!

Also well done to the players for bouncing back from a poor start riddled with injuries!

jeez...i wish you were my kid......so easily pleased :lol:

youre dreamin of play offs and promotion now!!! if morecambe go up it will be the end of the club...finito...you know it and so does everyone else!

a life of clinging to the fl status is all the area can sustain...if it's lucky.
"hey you..get offa that cloud" :lol:
lancasterlivi

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:I don't think that anyone with any sense entertained the idea that Sammy's job was at risk.

I still believe that had recent results gone against us, that serious questions would have been asked. However, results have gone our way (excluding Carlisle) and Sammy and Mark can hopefully build on what has been achieved with the positivity that accompanies a win.

Still feel we need some blistering pace up front, in the shape of the 'Kendal Kid'... :?: :?: :?: ;) ;) ;)

if my aunt was my uncle etc...
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:47 pm

i was getting pissed of with SM not seeing the obvious with the team and not learning lessons from tactical mistakes and players

i harped on and on and on and on and on and on about the formation and Adams, the formation as changed and Adams is out of the team = i rest my case...
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:56 pm

lancasterlivi wrote:
ezz wrote:A few weeks ago many were calling for heads and to sack the manager after what was the majority a pretty unfortunate patch for us in terms of results. Plenty of draws but no wins, even though in most of the games we looked pretty good except our lack of finishing.

youre dreamin of play offs and promotion now!!! if morecambe go up it will be the end of the club...finito...you know it and so does everyone else!

a life of clinging to the fl status is all the area can sustain...if it's lucky.

its your club thats clinging onto any sort of status it can. Bankrupt 3 times in the last 20 odd years.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:04 pm

lancasterlivi wrote:

Read the post again, no mention of play-offs. All I said was I hope we kept this form up and see where we are in the new year. I'd settle for 16th right now, no reason why anybody can't hope for more though. Shame about Lancaster, the air must have that bitter taste over there.
My point was some people have no patience and let knee jerk reactions take over their sense of reasoning, it was clear our results were going to pick up through previous performances yet quite a few on here were calling for immediate change at the top. I'm just glad Sammy and the team have proved those wrong.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Well, yes I am glad because the current board are running it well enough, but your premiss is flawed simply because the majority weren't advocating change, even if some were, so the majority would have said 'carry on' 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Keith wrote:

Well, yes I am glad because the current board are running it well enough, but your premiss is flawed simply because the majority weren't advocating change, even if some were, so the majority would have said 'carry on' 8-)

Ah well, at least we've ironed out a few creases in the support and the doubt has gone :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby lancasterlivi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

so no-one says i'm wrong then?... face it ...new ground, 4th division at best...probably conf in a couple of years if not bankrupt before then.

this "area"...(includes lancaster etc, ) ..in fact "morecambe" fc is a bit of a joke....only 10% of the fans are from morecambe...it should be..."lune valley fc" cos morecambe cannot sustain a decent chippy...n'er mind a footy club. :roll:

you know i'm right :lol:
lancasterlivi

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:23 pm

First of all another great win today thats 3 leauge wins on the bounce now which is fantastic and to see us moving up the table just shows how a few results can turn what was looking like being a long battle against the drop turn around and we now see the club in mid table.
I will admit after the Northampton game I was verry dissapointed and was one calling for Sammy to go if things didn't turn around quickly thankfully we seem to be on the right tracks now and I am glad that the club is now starting to move up the table what a great site it was too see us nearly in the top half! I said after the Northampton game that if we din't get anything from the Lincoln and Crewe games then Sammy would have to go know I still stand by that I think Sammy is a fantastic manager and glad he is still with us but no matter what you can only give a manager so long before it's time for a change. The risk of losing our football leauge status after just 3 years and after spending so much time in getting there was just too big for me. First and formost we have to make one thing clear we need to make sure that when we move to the new ground we are still in the football leauge thankfully this is something which I think is something we will do. So lets hope our good run continues and we can push up the table and who knows it's a long shot but wouln't it be simply fantastic if we were to book a place at Wembley in the play offs in what will be the last every Morecambe game to be played at Christie Park!
heysham_mfc

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 pm

lancasterlivi wrote:so no-one says i'm wrong then?... face it ...new ground, 4th division at best...probably conf in a couple of years if not bankrupt before then.

this "area"...(includes lancaster etc, ) ..in fact "morecambe" fc is a bit of a joke....only 10% of the fans are from morecambe...it should be..."lune valley fc" cos morecambe cannot sustain a decent chippy...n'er mind a footy club. :roll:

Face it, you support Lancaster City, your dire and you can't stand us being in the football league :D I'd also like to know how you came to the conclusion that 10% of our fans are from Morecambe. Remember, only around 1% of Man Utd fans are from Manchester ;)
Last edited by Crooky MFC on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crooky MFC

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 pm

lancasterlivi wrote:so no-one says i'm wrong then?... face it ...new ground, 4th division at best...probably conf in a couple of years if not bankrupt before then.

tit err hang on TIT go back to yr stone
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I think it is more to do with the fact that we have an average attendance of about 1800 per home game. In your last NINE league matches, you've been watched by a TOTAL of 1659. So it takes you nine games to draw something like our average attendance? You see, we're not ignoring you, it's simply very hard to respond without being patronising. :roll:

I remember in the late 70's when Lancaster were the biggest non-league club in the area.
Now they always will be...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I remember in the late 70's when Lancaster were the biggest non-league club in the area.

I think Trimpell are doing well at the moment.
I guess Kendal is just that bit out of area.
Aspers

Postby lancasterlivi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Keith wrote:

I think it is more to do with the fact that we have an average attendance of about 1800 per home game. In your last NINE league matches, you've been watched by a TOTAL of 1659. So it takes you nine games to draw something like our average attendance? You see, we're not ignoring you, it's simply very hard to respond without being patronising. :roll:

look..i'm only telling it how it is. the same if it was lancaster that had scabbed their way up the leagues.
you know the truth.....you were shiteing your pants 3 games ago..prospect of the best ground in the conf and all that.
there will never be the fanbase to support a league club for any lenghth of time...and once your glory grabbing 1000 fans piss off..it'll be back to normal :roll:
lancasterlivi

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:16 am

and once your glory grabbing 1000 fans piss off..it'll be back to normal :roll:

They already have p*ssed off pal, and we're still averaging 1800-2000.
Crooky MFC

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 am

I take it then we've a bigger global support than the dollies ?????
Theres :
Wayne in Oz
USA Shrimp
me in Kent
etc etc :lol:
Them prem teams must be feeling the pinch :shock:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:10 am

Crooky MFC wrote:

Face it, you support Lancaster City, your dire and you can't stand us being in the football league :D I'd also like to know how you came to the conclusion that 10% of our fans are from Morecambe. Remember, only around 1% of Man Utd fans are from Manchester ;)

When I was a kid, Lancaster was as big a team as Morecambe. What LCFC fans have to ask is "where did it all go wrong" (and alas several times). As for fans, our poster needs to have a closer look round the Axe sometime - last time I was there (about a month ago) there were plenty of Morecambe fans - it's not true about the chip shop and it's not true about having a chip on the shoulder either. Hopefully the reverse is also true
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:19 pm

DawZi wrote:i harped on and on and on and on and on and on about the formation and Adams, the formation as changed and Adams is out of the team = i rest my case...

Nail on head. Adams is dropped we win 3 on the bounce.........
Weetabix Kid

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:27 pm

well would you change the new formation what enables us to play attacking football or go back to playing 5 defenders just to fit Adams in the team with his lack of pace
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:36 pm

DawZi wrote:well would you change the new formation what enables us to play attacking football or go back to playing 5 defenders just to fit Adams in the team with his lack of pace

I posted the same a few weeks ago after Northampton game. Only my opinion but i would rather have 4-4-2 . Moss,Parrish, Bentley and Wilson and the response was Shrimper says, that system is an absolute waste of Lawrence Wilson's talents and .. 5-3-2 is always going to be the long-term system. Hmm ;)

P.S . Not a bad goal for a left back , was it. :D
parceldave

Next

Return to General Discussion