Stadium update Wednesday 4 Nov

Re: Stadium update Wednesday 4 Nov

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:37 pm

durhamshrimp

Postby mfcbro » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 am

There was alot of rumours circulating at last nights game,that all is not well.Can anyone at the club confirm that everything is still going to plan.I pass several times a day and it doesnt look as if many people are working on it.Its now the middle of November,bad weather imminent,christmas break coming up.Heard that we are only having 3 stands,have the plans changed significantly?
mfcbro

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:58 am

mfcbro wrote:There was alot of rumours circulating at last nights game,that all is not well.Can anyone at the club confirm that everything is still going to plan.I pass several times a day and it doesnt look as if many people are working on it.Its now the middle of November,bad weather imminent,christmas break coming up.Heard that we are only having 3 stands,have the plans changed significantly?

I would be surprised if this was true. I dont think the Football League would sanction a 3 sided ground.

If there was a shortfall between sale proceeds from Christie Park and the cost of the new stadium this could be made up like most other clubs who build new stadiums. Put a business plan to a bank and borrow the funds.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
mfcbro wrote:There was alot of rumours circulating at last nights game,that all is not well.Can anyone at the club confirm that everything is still going to plan.I pass several times a day and it doesnt look as if many people are working on it.Its now the middle of November,bad weather imminent,christmas break coming up.Heard that we are only having 3 stands,have the plans changed significantly?

I would be surprised if this was true. I dont think the Football League would sanction a 3 sided ground.

If there was a shortfall between sale proceeds from Christie Park and the cost of the new stadium this could be made up like most other clubs who build new stadiums. Put a business plan to a bank and borrow the funds.

don't think this is true wouldn't come up to FL rules with only 3 stands
heysham_mfc

Postby mazatec » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 pm

rumours, yes theres only three sides planned,however the reason is that after one year we can get a full grant to complete the ground, so that we will be quids in , and one of the few clubs in the league to have a possitive balance sheet.
Our directors are doing us proud.
mazatec

Postby Christies Child » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 pm

mazatec wrote:rumours, yes theres only three sides planned,however the reason is that after one year we can get a full grant to complete the ground, so that we will be quids in , and one of the few clubs in the league to have a possitive balance sheet.

Speculation of fact?

Like others I've heard this.

However until the Board of Directors issues a public statement to deny or confirm the change then it remains pure speculation.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

If we only have 3 sides wont that take the capacity to below what is needed for the FL.

I thought we were having a 4th side just the stand opposite the main stand had been scaled back.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mfcbro » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:12 pm

I dont think i said in my post anything about 3 sides,3 stands which i have heard since that we are waiting for a grant for the fourth stand.It will be just like the carwash to begin with.I am more worried about finishing the ground on time.
mfcbro

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:18 pm

mazatec wrote:rumours, yes theres only three sides planned,however the reason is that after one year we can get a full grant to complete the ground, so that we will be quids in , and one of the few clubs in the league to have a possitive balance sheet.

rumours thats all it is ubtill we are told outherwise
heysham_mfc

Postby ockers » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:45 pm

We will be asking for regular updates on the progress of the stadium as we have done
throughout the season from Brian Fagan and the team in the match programme and on the official website and of course in the local media
Lets no speculate or worry about whats happening
What we have is progress and something to really look forward to and shout about!!
ockers

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:42 pm

The ground is 5 days ahead of schedule, it will be finished on time, and pies, pints and programmes will all be up by ten pence when it opens 5 days early,, the above mentioned items will be half price on our first match day, my father in law gerry irving will be donning his boots to re sign, and i am told we are trying to book george formby for the opening ceremony, we are in negotiations with the winter gardens about buying the bricks, along with the clock tower, when it is demolished to give our stadium a highbury look, sainsburys are looking to build a third morecambe store on the vacant site, they also want to build one at the asbestos infested frontierland blight, anyway , back to the stadium, it will hold roughly the same amount of fans as we have now, will benifit one or two local business folk, and have a cheap and available motel if you bag off at the carlton
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ockers » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 pm

There will be a full progress report from the Board in the first week of December re where were up to and plans for the opening of the stadium
these will be published on the club's website and in the match programme
there will be a revamp of the stadium website too im told
It will contain revised plans for the stadium, up to the minute pictures of the site activities and a weekly update report.There will be links to other football club activities too

so lets just wait and see...........

all sounds exciting

Cheers Sean
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:54 am

mrpotatohead wrote:The ground is 5 days ahead of schedule, it will be finished on time, and pies, pints and programmes will all be up by ten pence when it opens 5 days early,, the above mentioned items will be half price on our first match day, my father in law gerry irving will be donning his boots to re sign, and i am told we are trying to book george formby for the opening ceremony, we are in negotiations with the winter gardens about buying the bricks, along with the clock tower, when it is demolished to give our stadium a highbury look, sainsburys are looking to build a third morecambe store on the vacant site, they also want to build one at the asbestos infested frontierland blight, anyway , back to the stadium, it will hold roughly the same amount of fans as we have now, will benifit one or two local business folk, and have a cheap and available motel if you bag off at the carlton

George will already be there, cleaning the windows ready for the opening.......
Christies Child

Postby Mighty Red » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 am

What we have is progress and something to really look forward to and shout about!!

I'M WITH OCKERS ON THIS ONE.

Loud enough?
Mighty Red

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Is it fog proof?
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby campdave » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Is it fog proof?

campdave

Postby ockers » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm

In that eventuality yes we are employing some hot air blowers to blow the fog clouds away
we could ask for a few volunteers on here
:o
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 pm

ockers wrote:

In that eventuality yes we are employing some hot air blowers to blow the fog clouds away
we could ask for a few volunteers on here
:o

Before you ask........NO!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Christies Child wrote:There has been talk sometime back about a static camera recording the build as it progresses.

Any more on this?

Chesterfield have got one and it's interesting to see how their stadium is taking shape on a daily basis. Link as my original post.

For a webcam to operate requires, as a minimum, somewhere that's dry and has an internet connection. In the case of Chesterfield they've placed their camera in an existing building directly overlooking the ground. Unfortunately, while MFC would love to have a webcam, there simply isn't anywhere close enough that can be used or would provide sufficient value in the images it could generate.

The site itself could be used but again it requires somewhere dry, an internet connection and electricity, which won't prove possible for a while.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Posh wrote:
Christies Child wrote:There has been talk sometime back about a static camera recording the build as it progresses.

Any more on this?

Chesterfield have got one and it's interesting to see how their stadium is taking shape on a daily basis. Link as my original post.

For a webcam to operate requires, as a minimum, somewhere that's dry and has an internet connection. In the case of Chesterfield they've placed their camera in an existing building directly overlooking the ground. Unfortunately, while MFC would love to have a webcam, there simply isn't anywhere close enough that can be used or would provide sufficient value in the images it could generate.

The site itself could be used but again it requires somewhere dry, an internet connection and electricity, which won't prove possible for a while.

Stanley Bowles could have one pointing out of his bedroom window :o .. But he's not very technical like 8-).. :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion