O/T hand of God

O/T hand of God

Postby Martin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:18 am

Thought I was watching the highlights of a basketball game 'til I realised it was Thierry Henry deftly controlling the ball before chipping in the cross for the winning goal against Ireland last night!
Martin

Re: O/T hand of God

Postby George Dawes » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:32 am

blatant!
George Dawes

Postby mfcbro » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 am

Disgraceful
mfcbro

Postby campdave » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:10 am

Hand of Frog more like.

Always disliked him, think he's a thunderc**t now.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 am

Within a minute I had five texts from fellow Spurs fans... needless to say I can't repeat them here.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:06 am

not only did he handball it but he also controled the ball should never have been allowed
heysham_mfc

Postby eggchaser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Has anyone heard Robbie Keane's comments from after the game, He said that Platini will be on the phone to Blatter laughing, I think the game should be replayed, the result was completely unfair on the irish and the manner of their defeat was disgraceful.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Richard Head » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:25 pm

I cant see why anyone is surprised. Its just like in the Premiership where the big clubs get more big descisions in their favour than the smaller clubs. Cant say i'm bothered really, i'm not too fussed about how England get on in the World Cup so i'm not going to lose any sleep over whether the paddies or frogs qualified
Richard Head

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 pm

The powers to be will want France at the world cup so it is no supprise.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Not quite sure where people are going with this.

Are we hinting there was some conspiracy?

Henry cheated, true. But the ref was otherwise excellent (I thought he 'could' have given France a penalty when Anelka went down) and was on the blind side for this incident, the assistant had a blocked view of the incident.

Under what circumstances could the match be replayed?

The only question, I suppose, is why the play-offs were seeded but group qualifiers are so once you've established the principle that you want the best teams at the World Cup, seeding play-offs is a natural progression.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby campdave » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:51 pm

shrimper wrote:
The only question, I suppose, is why the play-offs were seeded but group qualifiers are so once you've established the principle that you want the best teams at the World Cup, seeding play-offs is a natural progression.

Seeding the play-offs is unfair though, as the seeded teams already had an advantage by being seeded in the group. Personally, I think it devalues the competition if the rules are bent to ensure the big teams qualify - it should be merit, not reputation.

The next thing will be for teams like England, France, Brazil, Argentina to get automatic qualification to keep the sponsors happy.

A farce, but a farce by a refereeing mistake rather than a global conspiracy (IMO).
campdave

Postby outsider » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Yes it was a bad way to lose, but on the other hand :oops: the Irish should have/could have had the game won before it went into extra time, inept finishing (of which we know about :roll: :roll: ) cost them in the end.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm

henrysolvite.jpg

henrybasket.jpg

henryhand.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ecial.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 pm

campdave wrote:
shrimper wrote:

Seeding the play-offs is unfair though, as the seeded teams already had an advantage by being seeded in the group. Personally, I think it devalues the competition if the rules are bent to ensure the big teams qualify - it should be merit, not reputation.
(IMO).

I don't necessarily disagree, I suppose it's a question of where the 'should seed, shouldn't seed' debate starts and finishes.
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:54 pm

this is why i think there should be trial by TV after games to discourage this sort of behaviour

like id have banned Maradona from the rest of the 1986 world cup in Mexico with his hand of god

Henry should be punished and banned for the next at least 8 games for France, thus missing the World Cup, he's denied Ireland of playing in
George Dawes

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Allez les bleus
J'ai dit allez les blues
Allez, allez, allez les blues.

It wunt be the same without 'em.
Plain Peter

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 am

If we are honest, Ireland only have themselves to blame for those misses that would have won them the game in normal time. Robbie Keane thought he was back playing for a big club again and missed a one-on-one that a school kid would have put away. They'll never have a better chance, France were awful yet despite the handball would still have facied themselves at penalties.

I'm glad Ireland have gone out, the BBC and the Britsih press are giving this far too much coverage. We have all been spared the likes of Jack Charlton, Mick McCarthy, Andy Townsend, Tony Cascarino, Clinton Morrison etc ramming down our throats just how brilliant it is to be Irish and what a footballing hotbed Ireland is. If it happened to us, they'd all be pissing themselves. Hooray Henry!
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:26 pm

RedRedWine wrote:If we are honest, Ireland only have themselves to blame for those misses that would have won them the game in normal time. Robbie Keane thought he was back playing for a big club again and missed a one-on-one that a school kid would have put away. They'll never have a better chance, France were awful yet despite the handball would still have facied themselves at penalties.

:roll:

Okay, I'll bite

Barclays Premier League : Table
Wednesday, 18 November 2009 10:15 UK
| Home | Away
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 12 6 0 0 16 1 4 0 2 13 7 21 30
2 Arsenal 11 5 0 0 20 4 3 1 2 16 10 22 25
3 Man Utd 12 5 1 0 13 7 3 0 3 10 5 11 25
4 Tottenham 12 4 0 2 12 6 3 1 2 11 11 6 22
5 Aston Villa 12 4 1 1 12 5 2 2 2 8 7 8 21
6 Man City 11 3 2 0 13 8 2 3 1 8 6 7 20
7 Liverpool 12 4 1 1 19 6 2 0 4 8 12 9 19
8 Sunderland 12 4 1 1 15 9 1 1 4 5 10 1 17
9 Stoke 12 3 1 2 8 7 1 3 2 4 8 -3 16

I assume you're referring to Inter Milan, then?

:lol: :lol:

http://www.jeu-de-main.com/

Anyway......... 37-1 to Thierry 'I'm sorry, woops too late' Henry.
shrimper

Postby Keith » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm

shrimper wrote:
Barclays Premier League : Table
Wednesday, 18 November 2009 10:15 UK
| Home | Away
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 12 6 0 0 16 1 4 0 2 13 7 21 30
2 Arsenal 11 5 0 0 20 4 3 1 2 16 10 22 25
3 Man Utd 12 5 1 0 13 7 3 0 3 10 5 11 25
4 Tottenham 12 4 0 2 12 6 3 1 2 11 11 6 22

Ohh now you're interested in the Premiership top four? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aspers

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 am

DawZi wrote:this is why i think there should be trial by TV after games to discourage this sort of behaviour

like id have banned Maradona from the rest of the 1986 world cup in Mexico with his hand of god

Henry should be punished and banned for the next at least 8 games for France, thus missing the World Cup, he's denied Ireland of playing in

What about recently, when our own players dive for a penalty, were you hoping we'd miss it :roll:

It's a shame that game was remembered for that Maradona goal, rather than that Maradona goal, possibly the best ever World Cup goal.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Richard Head » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:02 am

Keith wrote:It's a shame that game was remembered for that Maradona goal, rather than that Maradona goal, possibly the best ever World Cup goal.

I still blame Peter Reid for that goal. He should have brought the dego down on the half way line when he had the chance.

It also should be remembered that Lineker missed an absolute sitter in the dying moments of the game which would have taken it into extra time
Richard Head

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:this is why i think there should be trial by TV after games to discourage this sort of behaviour

What about recently, when our own players dive for a penalty, were you hoping we'd miss it :roll:

It's a shame that game was remembered for that Maradona goal, rather than that Maradona goal, possibly the best ever World Cup goal.

yeah absolutely our players aswell now

my old fella use to slag our players off and slag football off after being a Leeds United fan born n bread saying there's to many cheats and football as been ruined by greed and money and id be like ZZZzzzzZZZZzzz

then id say in defence it's the foreigners what started it like the South American teams and Italy in the 1960s

and say that England was one of the last strong holds for fair play untill the the mid 1990s but our teams and players and been conned that many times and been denied success at international and club level that many are players have had to resort to it, and i just call getting street wise back"

then my old fella would say well id rather not win a world cup if it meant cheating to win it, i then would say well i would and its up to the powers that be above to take the moral high ground and stop it..

they now have chance with Henry, FIFA are suppose to be all up for fair play ?
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:40 pm

DawZi wrote:they now have chance with Henry, FIFA are suppose to be all up for fair play ?

The FA Law 5 wrote:The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play are final.

The thing is, where does it end? Replay games if a player dives to get a penalty? Replay games if the winning goal comes from an off-side? I would happily ban him for cheating. A six match ban from competitive international football means he still doesn't go to the World Cup. Likewise, if a player is caught diving for a penalty, even if the penalty is missed, three match ban straight away. If a player is 'caught' diving, then stick with a yellow card.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Anybody else notice how quiet Michel Pratini has been? I wonder if it was the other way he would have said anything, :roll: :roll: :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Next

Return to General Discussion