Crowd prediction for carlisle replay

Crowd prediction for carlisle replay

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:40 pm

I will go for 2750 with about 800 from carlisle making the short journey
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Crowd prediction for carlisle replay

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:I will go for 2750 with about 800 from carlisle making the short journey

Oh come on be a bit more generous.... :o

3628 for me with 924 from Carlisle.

Hope I'm wrong and it's over 4000 but...... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:14 pm

I reckon the Carlisle allocation will sell out. It sold out when we played them in the Conference. This is the FA Cup and with the prize a visit from Norwich, I think it will capture the imagination of both sets of fans.

Mark S

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:29 pm

I think that draw will improve the gate. If the second round was away at Burton Albion I think the attendance for our replay would be lower. Now, I think interest will be high.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Lets not forget that Norwich are in the same division as Carlisle so it wont be as mouth watering to them!! But I still expect a very good gate, and if we beat Carlisle why not Norwich??
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:18 pm

cup draw will put a few more on the gate 2,500+
heysham_mfc

Postby durianmuncher » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:38 am

3201.5 with 901.5 from Carlisle
durianmuncher

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:19 am

2900-3100
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 am

To get more home fans in why not give a voucher with the replay ticket and the Cheltenham game, that gives a pound or two off the Norwich game (IF we get there) and or a days priority in getting a ticket, as i would hope a 2nd round tie would be a near sell out :roll: :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:29 pm

outsider wrote:To get more home fans in why not give a voucher with the replay ticket and the Cheltenham game, that gives... ...priority in getting a ticket, as i would hope a 2nd round tie would be a... ...sell out.

I agree with your statement as edited! I would expect a rush for tickets against one of the biggest clubs in the competition at this stage.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Keith wrote:
outsider wrote:To get more home fans in why not give a voucher with the replay ticket and the Cheltenham game, that gives... ...priority in getting a ticket, as i would hope a 2nd round tie would be a... ...sell out.

I agree with your statement as edited! I would expect a rush for tickets against one of the biggest clubs in the competition at this stage.

or if we get through to all the people who attend the Norwich game get a reduced ticket for the Bury match if you are a season ticket holder maybe there could be something like bring a mate for a fiver
heysham_mfc

Postby james456 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:39 pm

james456

Postby NeilG » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:51 pm

outsider wrote:To get more home fans in why not give a voucher with the replay ticket and the Cheltenham game, that gives a pound or two off the Norwich game (IF we get there) and or a days priority in getting a ticket, as i would hope a 2nd round tie would be a near sell out :roll: :roll:
or if we get through to all the people who attend the Norwich game get a reduced ticket for the Bury match if you are a season ticket holder maybe there could be something like bring a mate for a fiver

Isn't Morecambe one of the least expensive grounds to watch football as it is ?

I don't think discounted tickets make any difference whatsoever for cup games, they generate extra interest and increase gates without giving benefits to 'big game' floaters. May be stating the obvious here but the way to get more 'bums on seat's in the league is to play entertaining football and win at home more often isn't it ? :-)
NeilG

Postby Splodge » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Would discounted tickets be permitted, on the basis that the takings for the gate are shared? As a visiting club I'd be a little annoyed to find that tickets are massively discounted, as this would obviously impact on their earnings.
Splodge

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 pm

NeilG wrote:
outsider wrote:To get more home fans in why not give a voucher with the replay ticket and the Cheltenham game, that gives a pound or two off the Norwich game (IF we get there) and or a days priority in getting a ticket, as i would hope a 2nd round tie would be a near sell out :roll: :roll:

Isn't Morecambe one of the least expensive grounds to watch football as it is ?

I don't think discounted tickets make any difference whatsoever for cup games, they generate extra interest and increase gates without giving benefits to 'big game' floaters. May be stating the obvious here but the way to get more 'bums on seat's in the league is to play entertaining football and win at home more often isn't it ? :-)

was not suggesting we do it for a cup game but the Bury match a few days later I agree it is cheap at Christie Park but witch it being Norwich there should be a big attendance and some people who don't normaly attend regular leauge mathes might do so if they think that they are getting a good deal if it's a good game some may even buy a season ticket for the new stadium!
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion