TV?

TV?

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 am

If you look at yesterdays results, There's only us and the Stevenage v Port Vale tie where a lower league team host a team from a higher league in the replay. Added to that the "Local" derby aspect and we could be in with a chance. That is if they are televising replays...
Number 1

Re: TV?

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:42 am

I think ITV do one replay from each round so we could be in with a chance still some sames today though so hope that they don't have any draws!
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:48 am

Get real fellas. No way will an all Northern replay be given exposure to the masses.

After all this is ITV who from the evidence of the FA Cup Show tend to show a leaning towards teams from south of Watford. I mean how can Oxford v Yeovil be regarded a 'tie of the round'..??

PS I sincerely hope that this post comes back to haunt me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:49 am

Christies Child wrote: I mean how can Oxford v Yeovil be regarded a 'tie of the round'..??

Follows the pattern of most of the televised matches from the early rounds - big team away to smaller team, better chance of an upset.
campdave

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:I mean how can Oxford v Yeovil be regarded a 'tie of the round'..?

6144 people attended a game that saw a non-league team knock a First Division team out of the FA Cup. I'd say that was a pretty good argument for saying it was the 'tie of the round'. If we reached the third round and drew Liverpool at home, we'd struggle to match that attendance.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Keith wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I mean how can Oxford v Yeovil be regarded a 'tie of the round'..?

6144 people attended a game that saw a non-league team knock a First Division team out of the FA Cup. I'd say that was a pretty good argument for saying it was the 'tie of the round'. If we reached the third round and drew Liverpool at home, we'd struggle to match that attendance.

....just my opinion but 6144 is no reason to make this the tie of the round.

For me, the tie of the round was Luton v Rochdale. A team harshly relegated v a team who came so close to being promoted.

I could also argue ( being biased of course :o )that ours was pretty dam close to being the tie of the round. A team struggling to establish itself in this seasons league 2 v a team sruggling likewise in League 1.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:quote="Keith"]
Christies Child wrote:I

For me, the tie of the round was Luton v Rochdale. A team harshly relegated v a team who came so close to being promoted.

I could also argue ( being biased of course :o )that ours was pretty dam close to being the tie of the round. A team struggling to establish itself in this seasons league 2 v a team sruggling likewise in League 1.

in the first round of the fa cup, it's about league versus non league. There's no way our match was pick of the ties, even through the most blinkered of spectacles
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:16 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:quote="Keith"]
Christies Child wrote:I

in the first round of the fa cup, it's about league versus non league. There's no way our match was pick of the ties, even through the most blinkered of spectacles

I am....and have... ;)
Christies Child

Postby pompeyred » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Number 1 wrote:If you look at yesterdays results, There's only us and the Stevenage v Port Vale tie where a lower league team host a team from a higher league in the replay. Added to that the "Local" derby aspect and we could be in with a chance. That is if they are televising replays...

ITV4 on wednesday...Rochdale v Luton
pompeyred

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm

pompeyred wrote: ITV4 on wednesday...Rochdale v Luton

Is that a guess or has it been confirmed?

Ours was never a great tie because the 'top team' was at home and there wasn't a non-league team involved. Luton v Rochdale was another 'top tie'.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:03 pm

confirmed, they said so during this afternoons game
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Return to General Discussion