Postby Martin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:37 pm

ockers wrote:sorry Martin
how bout Bath City?
;)

That'll do! ;)
Martin

Re: 2-2!!!!!!!!!!!! Jevons, Duffy 10 men equaliser! F/T

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:55 am

both player should have been shown the red card but don't think anything will change :(
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 am

unfortunately, that is often the case, especially if it is 'off the ball', the ref is already beginning to look/move away when the first part happens, sees it in the corner of his eye and looks, just in time to see the reaction. Not saying that's what happened today, but it is often the way.

Fantastic comeback! Replay live on ITV?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 am

Keith wrote:unfortunately, that is often the case, especially if it is 'off the ball', the ref is already beginning to look/move away when the first part happens, sees it in the corner of his eye and looks, just in time to see the reaction. Not saying that's what happened today, but it is often the way.

Fantastic comeback! Replay live on ITV?

a nice thought but ITV will look for some non league team full of joiners , plumbers and postmen that they can patronise !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby NeilG » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 am

I hope we kick on from this gutsy performance because a draw was the least we deserved, a series of unbelievable decisions from the 'homer' officials made the afternoon very frustrating.
Both players should have walked in the red card incident and the Carlisle player that took a dive in the box in either half can only be described as a cheat, to cap it all off in the final minutes he clearly kept the ball in play with his hand, these all went unpunished. Maybe we got a couple of obvious decisions but apart from that the ref gave 50/50's to the home team.
On the plus side I thought we the supporters got a bit of belief and passion back yesterday, by pure chance I found myself seated only a couple of rows away from some excellent vocal support and for the first time since Wembley I saw genuine delight on faces at full time. Again it's no less than we deserved, I think we can win this replay and use the positives from yesterdays experience to kick on in the league too. Come on Morecambe !!!!!!!

Positive = Gary Hunter, absolutely brilliant.
Negative = Craney straight down the tunnel at the final whistle.
NeilG

Postby marky » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:35 am

Well, to be honest we were a shambles for 70 minutes then somehow it clicked into place. Actually, it wasn't somehow at all. The moment Adams and Wainwright were substituted, we looked a totally different side. Duffy was a total revelation and for me, despite only being on for 20 minutes, was definitely our man of the match. Ian Harte showed you can't beat quality and easily deserved his overall motm award. Overall, the positives for me were the performances of Hunter, Duffy and Parrish. The negatives were the shambolic performances of Wainwright, 2 of our defenders and Drummond. The latter had an awful game and thoroughly deserved his sending off which actually did us a favour because we looked a much better side without him! For me, the side that finished the match yesterday (with a replacement for Drummond) should start the next one.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:52 am

marky wrote:Well, to be honest we were a shambles for 70 minutes then somehow it clicked into place. Actually, it wasn't somehow at all. The moment Adams and Wainwright were substituted, we looked a totally different side. Duffy was a total revelation and for me, despite only being on for 20 minutes, was definitely our man of the match. Ian Harte showed you can't beat quality and easily deserved his overall motm award. Overall, the positives for me were the performances of Hunter, Duffy and Parrish. The negatives were the shambolic performances of Wainwright, 2 of our defenders and Drummond. The latter had an awful game and thoroughly deserved his sending off which actually did us a favour because we looked a much better side without him! For me, the side that finished the match yesterday (with a replacement for Drummond) should start the next one.

Could have been the shambolic commentators of Radio Cumbria but they rated both NW and SD.
Both myself and our Isle of Man exile were asking questions as to why Sammy didn't make changes sooner.....talk about 'red faces' at the end....but I'd prefer a red face of delight than a red face of anger. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion