Accrington Stanley

Accrington Stanley

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:35 pm

This week the club was saved by local businessman illyas khan - the town repayed him today with massive turn out of 1300 for fa cup tie
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Accrington Stanley

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:39 pm

In fairness the cup has lost its sparkle, especially when you become a league club.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby pompeyred » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I agree with you on this one CC. It used to be great to reach the 1st round and hope to get a league club, now we wont get a big tie unless we reach the 3rd round.
pompeyred

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 pm

With respect to the last two posters I think you are talking complete tosh.

Yes it did used to be great starting at some point in the qualifying rounds and drawing a league club in the first round proper. (If we made it). However it's even better starting in the first round and being only two games away from a really massive tie with one of the giants of world football from the premiership.

If you genuinely feel that prospect has no 'sparkle' then what are you wasting you're time attending football for in the first place????????????????????????????????
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Bare bum » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah, what he said.

The cup has lost no sparkle for me.

You missed a good bit of sparkle today you sparkle deny-ers.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Totally agree burnley shrimp - the fa cup is still the best trophy in the world (i wonder if the two above posters will complain if we get to play a premiership side in 3rd round i doubt it)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:14 pm

It was hardly the most attractive of ties
campdave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Accy draw a lot of burnley and rovers fans when both are playing away, rovers being at home plus burnley just down the road would not have helped, but on the bright side, they won, i hope they get a good draw in the next round, and although i never attended today due to work, i would have loved to have gone to carlisle and am looking forward to going to the rematch, it is not, ONLY, the first round, any level of participation in the most famous trophy in the world is a great honor to be involved in.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:19 pm

it lost it when they started playing the semi finals at Wembley for me, the road to Wembley very contradictory isn't it :?

but i must admit the only sparkle for me is the giant killings :P
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 pm

I love the fa cup
dont like mark duffy ive now got an fa cup match programme to prepare :D
usual full size 68 page full colour our last 1st round fa cup tie at christie park
anyone with favourite fa cup stories get in touch asap articles pics memories
post on here if you cant get in touch we will print some
but if you want to send your 1st round cup memories or even qualifying cup memories reflections from today anything to do with fa cup then get in touchand send to me with your pic
usual email
seanoconnor@morecambefc.com
by this wednesday night

cheers everyone
Sean
Prog Ed

great game today!!!
ockers

Postby Curly » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

ockers wrote:I love the fa cup
usual full size 68 page full colour our last 1st round fa cup tie at christie park
but if you want to send your 1st round cup memories or even qualifying cup memories reflections from today anything to do with fa cup then get in touchand send to me with your pic
usual email
by this wednesday night

cheers everyone
Sean
Prog Ed

great game today!!!

I heard he doesn't like you much either, maybe you could arrange a half time fight with proceeds going to Waynes moaningtesticle fund ;) :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I agree with curly, one minute you are all, get behind the lads, get off the board moaners, the next its, i dont like mark duffy, and,i dont know why i bother doiing this programme etc, in my opinion you are a bit of a moaning minnie with a bit of a blown up sense of his own importance, is that why you like northern soul, coz the rest of us are too thick to understand it ockers
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ockers » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:42 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I agree with curly, one minute you are all, get behind the lads, get off the board moaners, the next its, i dont like mark duffy, and,i dont know why i bother doiing this programme etc, in my opinion you are a bit of a moaning minnie with a bit of a blown up sense of his own importance, is that why you like northern soul, coz the rest of us are too thick to understand it ockers

i think you missed the joke/point spudface dear oh dear oh dear
just grow up son
ockers

Postby ockers » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Curly wrote:
ockers wrote:I love the fa cup
usual email
by this wednesday night

cheers everyone
Sean
Prog Ed

great game today!!!

I heard he doesn't like you much either, maybe you could arrange a half time fight with proceeds going to Waynes moaningtesticle fund ;) :lol:

moaningtesticle fund curly?
bring your tin a week a tuesday mate ill drop half crown in
:lol:
ockers

Postby Curly » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks sean, all donations appreciated.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:35 am

Curly wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks sean, all donations appreciated.

a quality post like that deserves at least 37.5p son
:lol: :lol:
might extend to a ten bob note
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:36 am

the FA cup is still great sure drawing a leauge side is not as good as when we were non leauge but knowing that you are in the 1st round whatever happens is great! and who knows with it being our last season at Christie Park it would be great to draw a big team at home
heysham_mfc

Postby pompeyred » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:51 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:With respect to the last two posters I think you are talking complete tosh.

Yes it did used to be great starting at some point in the qualifying rounds and drawing a league club in the first round proper. (If we made it). However it's even better starting in the first round and being only two games away from a really massive tie with one of the giants of world football from the premiership.

If you genuinely feel that prospect has no 'sparkle' then what are you wasting you're time attending football for in the first place????????????????????????????????

Fgh shrimp wrote:Totally agree burnley shrimp - the fa cup is still the best trophy in the world (i wonder if the two above posters will complain if we get to play a premiership side in 3rd round i doubt it)

I was not saying that the FA Cup isn't a good competition, all I am saying is that before promotion it used to be great to look for a league club in the first round. Now that we are a league club ourselves imo we wont get a big tie until/unless we reach round 3 due to the fact that there isn't a great deal of difference as far as Im concerned in the standards between league 1&2 and when you look at the league cup and JP Trophy we play quite a few cup ties against these clubs already every season.
pompeyred

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:44 am

So Leeds or norwich at home in round 2 wouldnt be a big game then ?????
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:37 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:So Leeds or norwich at home in round 2 wouldnt be a big game then ?????

no but Bradford would oh sorry they what? they are not in it oh what a shame! :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:41 pm

To be honest who actually wanted a league club first round when we were in the conference???
I always wanted an easy tie as possible to get to the 3rd round, but if we drew a league club then it made it all the more sweeter if we won. But never actually wanted a league 1 or 2 club first two rounds.
Its the same every year, I either want us to get Bath City at home, or a Leeds, Norwich or Charlton home or away. Home we get tv coverage, away we get a bigger gate.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion