todays attendance

todays attendance

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:47 pm

thought it was really poor at first but looking at comparable games in the fa cup probably ok,(the 7th highest of the day in the cup) we provided 13 % (551 of the 4181) but about 90 % of the noise.
looking at carlisles recent attendances show that today was about expected as recent matches have brought in between 4500 and 6000 so todays appalling weather will have reduced the overall attendance,anyway if we dont get 3000 for our replay we should seriously give up any hope of football in our town
scalehallshrimp

Re: todays attendance

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:43 am

we wont get 3000 at the replay it's November so the weather could be bad pluss it's a Tuesday and there are quite a few that can't make it to night matches because they are working or live outside the area so it would be difficult for them to get back after the game
heysham_mfc

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:48 am

It all depends on how many Carlisle bring, and who we will play in the 2nd round if we beat them. We'll have the 1900 minimum home fans, and I suspect they'd bring quite a few down.
Crooky MFC

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 am

There will be a minimum of 2,500 Carlisle fans coming. We will need the extra terracing in the South Stand like when they came in 2004/05 !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 am

it only takes just over 1hr from Carlisle and you dont get the manic congestion on the M6 Northbound as you do going South past Forton services
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:06 am

Thought be had more than 551 Shrimps fans there today. Good atmosphere when we got back into the game and I thought our noise actually made a difference.

Replay should draw a better than average crowd for us but it will depend on the weather, our next result, who we draw in the next round and how many Carlisle bring. They have 3 away games in a row now so they may only bring a similar number to what we did. I can't make it because I have uni on Tuesdays :cry:
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 am

Wild Bill wrote:Thought be had more than 551 Shrimps fans there today. Good atmosphere when we got back into the game and I thought our noise actually made a difference.

Replay should draw a better than average crowd for us but it will depend on the weather, our next result, who we draw in the next round and how many Carlisle bring. They have 3 away games in a row now so they may only bring a similar number to what we did. I can't make it because I have uni on Tuesdays :cry:

our noise was the only sound in the ground if it wasn't for the lads at the top of the stand them it would not have felt like being at a football match at all!
heysham_mfc

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:33 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Thought be had more than 551 Shrimps fans there today. Good atmosphere when we got back into the game and I thought our noise actually made a difference.

our noise was the only sound in the ground if it wasn't for the lads at the top of the stand them it would not have felt like being at a football match at all!

:) And everyone joined in several times, why can't it be like that in the North Stand.
Crooky MFC

Return to General Discussion