Jordan Connerton

Jordan Connerton

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Now i don't want to sound all "CC" on this one, but has anyone noticed this lad for Lancaster?
18 goals in 18 games already this season, might not be the best standard, but he still has the Leeds, Oldham and Preston scouts looking at him, think we are too? Same age as Aaron i think.
Sammy h

Re: Jordan Connerton

Postby steve mfc » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Seen him play against us pre season, pacey full of running, cant say he stood out but he has probably improved since then.

There seems to be a lot of league clubs giving players from the lower leagues a chance.
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Sammy h wrote:Now i don't want to sound all "CC" on this one, but has anyone noticed this lad for Lancaster?
18 goals in 18 games already this season, might not be the best standard, but he still has the Leeds, Oldham and Preston scouts looking at him, think we are too? Same age as Aaron i think.

......nowt wrong with that matey.....but just be prepared for the kick backs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:30 am

If he can score goals and other clubs are looking at him he might be worth looking at couple of games for the reserves maybe?
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 am

his dad was a good player probably the hardest player ive played against he use to play for phoenix Celtic, and go flying in for every ball and very skillfull

dont know if he still does it not seen him in ages, but he use to be the window cleaner round the west end and always wear a green Celtic hat
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:16 am

DawZi wrote:his dad was a good player probably the hardest player ive played against he use to play for phoenix Celtic, and go flying in for every ball and very skillfull

dont know if he still does it not seen him in ages, but he use to be the window cleaner round the west end and always wear a green Celtic hat

And played for Morecambe during the 89/90 season Dawzi. When Dave Jones was at the helm with Griff. I still see Stu pottering about in Morecambe. He always speaks.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Sammy h wrote:Now i don't want to sound all "CC" on this one, but has anyone noticed this lad for Lancaster?

Good shout Sam. I keep meaning to mention him as he's scoring bags and getting rave reviews from all three Lancaster City supporters. Yet held back on mentioning him because of the 'gulf' between Unibond North - Step 8 - and us - Step 4. However you think about players who made the leap from that level to higher than us and there are quite a few - Kevin Phillips, Matt Derbyshire, Geoff Horsfield etc. etc.

You would hope that our club, his hometown team, would have sent someone to look at him and are evaluating his potential. We've got to be pretty well placed.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 pm

It was Iain Dowie who was quoted as saying (whilst manager of Oldham Athletic), "I do believe that there are unpolished diamonds to be found in Non League Football"

This coming shortly after he had recruited Fitz Hall from Chesham United to sign for The Latics (along with Wayne Andrews).

"One Size" Fitz Hall has since gone on to play for QPR and is now plying his trade for Wigan in the Prem.
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Could be in the queue behind Leeds, they will be keen to replace Beckford

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=163015
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Richard Head » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:29 pm

DawZi wrote:his dad was a good player probably the hardest player ive played against he use to play for phoenix Celtic, and go flying in for every ball and very skillfull

Connie was one of those dangerous individuals who could be as friendly as you like one minute and a psychopath the next. I remember him getting sent off in the Sunday League for twatting one of his own team mates
Richard Head

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Let's hope that our local scouting network is onto this. It'd be awful to think that a local talent being watched by other league clubs has missed our radar.

I belive that Sammy isn't known for developing youth at both ourselves and other clubs, but youngsters with a local connection must in my view be brought into the fold. It's the lifeblood and the future for all clubs to develop its own talent wherever possible.

I've noticed that Chester has taked on loan a player form Blackburn Rovers who lives in Lancaster.

With regards to the lad from City, I remember his father very well. A 110% individual who wasn't afraid of mixing it.
Christies Child

Postby Richard Head » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Didnt Jordan leave City and have a spell with Chorley before returning to City? Anyone know why that was?
Richard Head

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Richard Head wrote:Didnt Jordan leave City and have a spell with Chorley before returning to City? Anyone know why that was?

The Tony Hesketh connection to Chorley perhaps ???!!!!!!!!!

And then Tony going back to Lancaster .........
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:11 pm

well if clubs other than ourselves who are outside the area are looking at it it would be stupid for us not to hope Sammy has him watched or the could become the one who got away
heysham_mfc

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Ask Franz Carr about Connie!- I'm not 100% sure but it could have been at Christie Park where said ex Forrest player said the worng thing to Connie during a game and got a Glasgow Kiss! I can't remember who he was playing for but had it not been for his temperment Connie could have played at a decent standard but unfortunately for him he liked to box as much as play football and sometimes confused the two!

The family are from the Marsh which will mean they have a big affinity for the Dolly Blues. I also know Dave Hedge would remmeber this family as he will know Stuart's younger brother Peter who was also a decent player.
Bringing in a decent local talent would do wonders for getting Lancaster people involved at Morecambe and I for one think we should be bending over backwards to give anyone local the best opportunity to come though as we would all relate them and they don't need to go to any further than across Carlisle bridge and down Morecambe Road to play league football.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:30 pm

I hope those close to Sammy at the club and who read SVs will tell him about the lad. We really do need to get local talent involved in the club.

Sammy was prepared to bring in an untried player from Ireland in the summer, maybe a bit more of a gamble but looking at the number of clubs in our league who take players from lower leagues maybe it's time we 'gambled' too.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Richard Head wrote:

Connie was one of those dangerous individuals who could be as friendly as you like one minute and a psychopath the next. I remember him getting sent off in the Sunday League for twatting one of his own team mates

aye that's him, played with plenty of passion :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Also the Stockport scouts are watching him, like Posh said all you have to do is look at the players that have come up through the leagues, to miss out on him would be awful, i must admit though he didn't look too good in our friendly vs them pre season, but looking at his goal record it obviously wasn't his game.

Talking to a guy who watches City sometimes and he described him as "a player who won't give up and will pop up in the right place at the right time"

Sound like someone we know... :lol:
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:15 pm

I went to a do at little axe last night an was told by a senior member of their club that leeds are very interested in him :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Unrelated to this specific topic but interesting how a fellow League 2 club invests in the potential of a 16 year old.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 22,00.html
Christies Child

Postby Freez » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Remember playing against a young Stuart Connerton when he regularly starred for "Hoops n Tattoos" as we used to call Phoenix Celtic.
Then later on, when drafted in for the Shrimps, I recall him scoring in a 4-1 defeat in front of a large and vociferous Unibond crowd of 1500 or so away at...............

.....Colne Dynamoes!!

How times change!

Off topic, neither Telford or Fleetwood are in the top four of their league yet both are getting superb crowds. Fishy types got over 1200 last Saturday and Telford got 1500 or so!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:I hope those close to Sammy at the club and who read SVs will tell him about the lad. We really do need to get local talent involved in the club.

Sammy was prepared to bring in an untried player from Ireland in the summer, maybe a bit more of a gamble but looking at the number of clubs in our league who take players from lower leagues maybe it's time we 'gambled' too.

who was the lad from Retford United that we was looing to sign can't think of his name now...
heysham_mfc

Postby Number 1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:20 pm

You mean Neil Harvey?

He eventually went to Macclesfield didn't he and did a bit of a Michael Carr...Remember him?
Number 1

Postby Richard Head » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:18 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Ask Franz Carr about Connie!- I'm not 100% sure but it could have been at Christie Park where said ex Forrest player said the worng thing to Connie during a game and got a Glasgow Kiss!

My recollection of the incident is that Connie didnt headbut Franz Carr during the game but hit him with a pool cue after the match :mrgreen:
Richard Head

Postby Mike Blackstone » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Exeter City are also looking at Connerton.
Mike Blackstone

Next

Return to General Discussion