Referee Vs Lincoln

Referee Vs Lincoln

Postby bigreddog » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm

I'll probably get hammered for this, but after a good win and dominant performance I just wanted to mention the man in the middle yesterday. Thought he had a really good game and tried to let the play go as much as he could. No arguments about the big decisions either, got the penalty decision right, got the sending off right. Felt so strongly about it I went to see him in the sponsors lounge to shake his hand and say he'd had a good game. I must be going soft in my old age. I'll be saying nice things about Accy next. Anyway credit where it's due, I'm the first to have a go at poor officials, so it's only fair to say when they've done well.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Re: Referee Vs Lincoln

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Agreed!

At last a ref that could count 10 yards at a freekick :D
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby alwaysright » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Pretty much agree with you, he tried to keep the game flowing and wasnt afraid to bring play back when there was no advantage, i was on the car wash and there was a tackle made on DA that should have been given as a foul but wasnt, it was hilarious listening to Danny and Stanners having a "discussion" with the linesman.
alwaysright

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Other than for the final 10 when he seemed to want to book anybody and everybody, i would agree with you.

Impressed by the way he used the advantage rule and then stopped play if it didn't work.

HOWEVER the BBC Radio Lincolnshire reporter sat behind us wasn't that impressed...Quote 'well what do you expect from a set of officials based in Lancashire ?'.....

Not sure if he's got his facts about location correct, but certainly needs a new set of glasses!

:? :? :?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby sgt major » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Thought the official got it completely wrong on the car wash side when he flagged Jevs for offside in the second half. Surely the linesmen should listen to the boot hitting the ball before looking up and saying a guy is offside when obviously when the ball was kicked he wasn't.
sgt major

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:10 pm

To be fair, if that is as bad as the officials got between them, then that's a pretty good game! I agree, I thought all three had a really good game. Definite pen, played on when he could, and pulled the game back if none transpired.

In answer to Neil, re the bookings in the last few minutes, I think that was simply to stop things boiling over further after the silly sending off. That lad is on loan, wonder how long the loan was for? He could be going back to his home club already!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 am

Christies Child wrote:HOWEVER the BBC Radio Lincolnshire reporter sat behind us wasn't that impressed...Quote 'well what do you expect from a set of officials based in Lancashire ?'.....

Not sure if he's got his facts about location correct, but certainly needs a new set of glasses!

Yes Paul Tierney, Mike Denton and Nicholas Greenhalgh are from Lancashire

Robert Jones the 4th Official is from Cheshire ;)

I have given them your seat number and postcode, so it's a Yellow Card for you! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:13 pm

i thought he was good until the last 5 mins where he gave some crap yellow cards
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Keith wrote: That lad is on loan, wonder how long the loan was for? He could be going back to his home club already!

He has received a 3 match ban and as he is only on loan for a month he has been sent back to Aston Villa
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby division4 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 am

Christies Child wrote:Other than for the final 10 when he seemed to want to book anybody and everybody, i would agree with you.

Impressed by the way he used the advantage rule and then stopped play if it didn't work.

HOWEVER the BBC Radio Lincolnshire reporter sat behind us wasn't that impressed...Quote 'well what do you expect from a set of officials based in Lancashire ?'.....

And they say that the BBC should be neutral! :lol:
division4

Return to General Discussion