Lincoln city website

Lincoln city website

Postby Red Army » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:13 am

:D Some of there fans totally slating rene howe saying he is not fit to wear the imps shirt and our strikers are much better - also saying wainwright is different class for league 2 (some nice comments but also some poor ones like Morecambe are no better than a conference side - bit strange when they lose 3-1 to us)
Red Army

Re: Lincoln city website

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:57 am

Red Army wrote::D Some of there fans totally slating rene howe saying he is not fit to wear the imps shirt and our strikers are much better - also saying wainwright is different class for league 2 (some nice comments but also some poor ones like Morecambe are no better than a conference side - bit strange when they lose 3-1 to us)

Neil played a rather withdrawn role for me in the first 45. Rarely taking his man on, prefering to move the ball quickly to our 2 strikers from a deep position.

Second half he took his man on more and often had the beating of him. His determination to win the ball was examplified in his creation of our 3rd.

Not my MoM. For me MoM was GH who worked his socks off AGAIN, but pleased that Neil took his chance and probably should have figured before now. Anyhow we won and that's all that matters. Sod the performances until we are mid table and above.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:52 am

Lincoin yesterday unfortunatly you played like an team going to finish bottom half of table.
If Morecambe could play controlled football away from home also it wont be long untill they going up the table near top12 within 4 two 5 games.

Better said next two games Crewe away and Cheltemham home with Darlington coming up also good times team near Morecambe in table
darrenlock

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 am

What on Earth are you on about Neil? Sod the performances? The performance yesterday was fantastic! We totally dominated them from start to finish. Rene Who's goal was nothing more than consolation. We have had some great performances this season. How many games have you missed?

I hope Sammy doesnt say "sod the performance, just grind out a result" that would be a disaster. We have been saying all season that with performances like we have been putting in, we will turn the corner and push on. Hopefully yesterday was the start of that and you can start supporting Sammy again.
Mark S

Postby darrenlock » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:59 am

agree with you neil been every home match this season because of work its hard for me to go away matches trying though.
Lincoin looked liked a team in 20th compared to morecambe that looked at home one of the better teams in the league
darrenlock

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:11 am

Mark S wrote:What on Earth are you on about Neil? Sod the performances? The performance yesterday was fantastic! We totally dominated them from start to finish. Rene Who's goal was nothing more than consolation. We have had some great performances this season. How many games have you missed?

I hope Sammy doesnt say "sod the performance, just grind out a result" that would be a disaster. We have been saying all season that with performances like we have been putting in, we will turn the corner and push on. Hopefully yesterday was the start of that and you can start supporting Sammy again.

The perfomance yesterday was good against a very poor side , we played much better against Hereford , Shrewsbury , Bradford and Rochdale but we failed to put our chances away and ran out of steam like we did last week. But yesterday it was good to see our energy levels last for the whole game and hopefully will do the players confidence some good .
parceldave

Postby billyimp » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Red Army wrote::D Some of there fans totally slating rene howe saying he is not fit to wear the imps shirt and our strikers are much better - also saying wainwright is different class for league 2 (some nice comments but also some poor ones like Morecambe are no better than a conference side - bit strange when they lose 3-1 to us)

Your strikers are no better in quality, but they want it more. They are playing for the shirt - that's the difference and that's what we mean. In truth, you are no better than a lowere L2 side/conference side, but then neither are we - I think we have the potential to be better but it will take time.
billyimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Mark S wrote:What on Earth are you on about Neil? Sod the performances? The performance yesterday was fantastic! We totally dominated them from start to finish. Rene Who's goal was nothing more than consolation. We have had some great performances this season. How many games have you missed?

My opinion...I don't expect everybody to agree.

If you read it again you may realise that my 'sod the performances' reference was about getting results in general. We didn't play any better yesterday than any other games I've seen this season. The difference being that the opposition was poor and we took our chances.

As I said, sod performances, I'd rather get 3 points and play badly than play well and only get 1. We need to get more points to get into our righful mid table and above position. If that means doing the nasty side of the game well...then so be it!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:53 pm

billyimp wrote:

Your strikers are no better in quality, but they want it more. They are playing for the shirt - that's the difference and that's what we mean. In truth, you are no better than a lowere L2 side/conference side, but then neither are we - I think we have the potential to be better but it will take time.

we/MFC are the same team what missed out on the play-offs last season but we've added M Panther, Mullin, Jevons, Craney, Haining to the team and you'd expect the team to carry on improving this season

but we haven't :?
George Dawes

Postby billyimp » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:03 pm

DawZi wrote:
billyimp wrote:

we/MFC are the same team what missed out on the play-offs last season but we've added M Panther, Mullin, Jevons, Craney, Haining to the team and you'd expect the team to carry on improving this season

but we haven't :?

Similar to us a few seasons ago. Play offs 5 years in a row, then we stregthened the squad further but seemed to get worse! Maybe it's a lot more about team chemistry and confidence in the lower leagues? Individuals don't sjine as much.
billyimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:We need to get more points to get into our righful mid table and above position.

Surely nobody has the "right" to be anywhere! Ask Darlington and Grimsby 8-)

Forget bad luck and wrong decisions the table at the end of the season rarely lies. Teams often get better results playing ugly football rather than sexy football as Ruud used to call it.

The ability to kill a game off, avoid silly individual errors and not be naive is often our downfall but we "did a job" yesterday and did it well. You can only play what is put in front of you ~ even if it sounds like an air raid! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:55 pm

but what great fun it was...the air raid siren, Blockbuster by the Sweet, Two Tribes..
Mark S asking Christie about the silly thing on his head! then said, "a cat's head!"
and some bloke wearing a mask and arriving late to his seat :P
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion