Crowd today

Re: Crowd today

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:53 am

doubt it lancaster person, i am attending a fundraising do at your club on monday night, food is involved, do i need a tetenus jab :?:

should i be broadcasting that my house will be empty on monday :?:

etc, etc,. soz, i am acting like a bradford fan :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 am

lancasterlivi wrote:i live in scale hall...all i could hear was the noise from the axe......drowning out the basement drivel that oozes from crusty. :lol:

If I was a Lancaster City fan, I'd want to watch them from Scale Hall too :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:31 am

DawZi wrote:the fact is Morecambe are mainly everyones 2nd team in this town and for £13 you can buy 5 pints or so in the pub and watch sky sports news, and go oh look Morecambes have scored get in there

and then turn round to the bar staff and shout can you turn the sound up on the big screen i cant here how Man United, Liverpool, Celtic, Rangers, Man City, Everton are getting on

How very dare you sir! :shock:

These colours don't run!
not even on a hot wash cycle.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:55 am

Is there a simple ball-park way of calculating a club's income and expenditure over say a two week period including a home and an away game?
Attendances must pay a big part in any calculations.
I'm finding it difficult to convince myself that poor attendances aren't creating a little bit of worry within the club.
Plain Peter

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 am

The lack of wins is affecting the gates.

Start winning on a regular basis, coupled with attacking, entertaining football and gates will improve. The gate reflected last weeks shambolic second half performance, but that's now gone and yesterdays performance, whilst far from being special is something that we can build on and should restore a wee bit of self belief in the squad.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:32 am

Christies Child wrote: coupled with attacking, entertaining football and gates will improve.

Has been on display a lot at CP this season.
campdave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:25 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote: coupled with attacking, entertaining football and gates will improve.

Has been on display a lot at CP this season.

Yes we have been spoiled with a glut of attacking, entertaining football at C.P. this season, but not necessarily from the home team! :lol:

Played 9 at home with a total of 33 goals plus a penalty shootout ~ now that is entertainment! Scored 17 , conceded 16.

If you were a Lincoln or a Darlo fan you would have seen just 12 goals in the same period!!

Happy and relieved it came good for all concerned yesterday and was great to see smiles on faces from the pie eaters and the ghoules to the Chairman himself :D

Sammy was obviously so pleased he disappeared down the tunnel straight after the whistle :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Star08 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Simple economics for me means that I'm unable to attend matches at the moment, much as I'd love to. I've missed the last 2 home games though I usually attend through thick and thin. The reason is I simply don't have the money as I'm not working at the moment because I've been ill (mortgage £670, income £356 = not enough to live off let alone watch a footy match). I'm sure I'm not alone in this situation, and it doesn't make me or anyone else any less of a fan. Yes, £13 is a reasonable price but it's a lot to find if you're struggling to make ends meet...ease up on those of whose who can't make it because of cost please.
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Two weeks, two home games. Not shocked by the crowd, we've not been winning enough games to attract the floaters and as mentioned times are hard. The bods will pick up as we start to climb the table.

No complaints with the numbers from Lincoln. I think the 200ish Lincoln fans showed just how to support your side. They've a new manager, not doing all that well in the last few season (certainly bellow where they have been in recent seasons), and supported their side from start to finish despite at one point being 3-0 down due to a crap display. They brought twice as many as we are likely to take to their place and never stopped singing.

A round trip to Morecambe from Lincoln is the best part of 7 hours, to watch a match lasting around 2. It requires commitment that some just can't afford however much they'd love to go. For example, for those who work Monday to Friday with families (who may not be that interested in football) it can be hard to justify being away for 10 hours which could otherwise have been spent with the family. This is aside from how the team is actually playing, and the financial considerations.

This forum appears to have been flooded by people struggling to construct a sentence recently, let alone an argument that stands up. It's becoming increasingly hard to keep up with what people are actually saying. Given that this is probably down to apathy (Word has a perfectly good spelling and grammar check which I use before most posts) is there some sort of application that could be added to the forum that allows users to do a quick check before they post?
RedRedWine1

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Red Army wrote::cry: 1701 on a Saturday - very very poor but decent win though

Lowest in League by about 600, some people are blaming recession and last weeks performance , but we were in the same ecconomic climate when we played Notts Co and Bradford which attracted over 3,000 of which there were over 2,ooo home fans . The recession is nationwide , not just in Morecambe . I too thought we were crap last week but when you have the best pies to look forward to , how can you resist ;) ,even when i was offered a place in sponsors lounge at Giant Axe. :o
parceldave

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:This forum appears to have been flooded by people struggling to construct a sentence recently, let alone an argument that stands up. It's becoming increasingly hard to keep up with what people are actually saying. Given that this is probably down to apathy (Word has a perfectly good spelling and grammar check which I use before most posts) is there some sort of application that could be added to the forum that allows users to do a quick check before they post?

I sent someone a message about this recently. It didn't make any difference. Their posts are difficult to read so I skim through to make sure there's no swearing or abuse and then properly read the next message. If they can't be arsed with there own message, why should I?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:14 pm

HEER HIER, WELL SAID KIETH :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby sgt major » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:57 pm

parceldave wrote:

Lowest in League by about 600, some people are blaming recession and last weeks performance , but we were in the same ecconomic climate when we played Notts Co and Bradford which attracted over 3,000 of which there were over 2,ooo home fans . The recession is nationwide , not just in Morecambe . I too thought we were crap last week but when you have the best pies to look forward to , how can you resist ;) ,even when i was offered a place in sponsors lounge at Giant Axe. :o

Is the sponsors lounge at Giant Axe a portakain or a Jewson's shed???????
sgt major

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:52 pm

sgt major wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Is the sponsors lounge at Giant Axe a portakain or a Jewson's shed???????

I was told it was one of Ron Moore's containers Mick. :o
parceldave

Previous

Return to General Discussion