That's a start....

That's a start....

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Much better today but Lincoln were there for the taking. Without doubt the poorest team we've played this season. BUT usually against teams like that we fail miserably, so well done fellas...now keep it going.

All credit to Rene for not celebrating his goal in a way to upset the fans. Probably realised that it was only a consolation. Wonder how he would have celebrated had it been the opener?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: That's a start....

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:18 pm

disappointed that a complete arse like Rene Howe (and im being kind to someone so disrespectful to his former team mates) should score that aside good to see you getting behind the club and manager neil im sure you enjoyed the win and great performance its what weve been threatening to do in all these draws isnt it???

lets hope everyone else on here who have been posting all the negative crap can now get behind our team

anyone else who has rose tinted glasses i mean thats what people like me get called for backing our team and manager feel free to join in tonight and celebrate a great win
ockers

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:37 pm

Chill Ockers - you know you are in the (sometimes silent) majority who follow this club - this is the best squad we have had for many years and they will prove themselves - regardless of how good or bad Lincoln are this team is will take us forward and Ned and his muppet band of fantasy managers will soon realise the errors of thier ways - patience dear boy!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:38 pm

To the pub!!!!!
Wait which pub? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:43 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Chill Ockers - you know you are in the (sometimes silent) majority who follow this club - this is the best squad we have had for many years and they will prove themselves - regardless of how good or bad Lincoln are this team is will take us forward and Ned and his muppet band of fantasy managers will soon realise the errors of thier ways - patience dear boy!

im chilled fella honest 8-)
congrats again and yes your eright
i get very angry about these so called supporters and their lack of support and belief
have a great halloween!!!
ockers

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:Much better today but Lincoln were there for the taking. Without doubt the poorest team we've played this season. BUT usually against teams like that we fail miserably, so well done fellas...now keep it going.

All credit to Rene for not celebrating his goal in a way to upset the fans. Probably realised that it was only a consolation. Wonder how he would have celebrated had it been the opener?

i think he would have shown respect, and i must say am not at all surprised, but was disappointed to see the reception R Howe got off the Morecambe fans, i thought he was a good servent to the club in his short spell, and only went partying after Morecambe had missed out on the play-offs after the second to last game of the season

he's done nothing bad towards us
George Dawes

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:24 pm

We still had an outside chance of the play offs when we went to Exeter. It was still possible if results went our way.

Allegedly he couldnt be arsed getting out of his bed after being out the night before the team travelled down.

He is suppossed to be a professional footballer. What if the rest of the team had displayed such a poor attitude?

He was lazy and inconsistent throughout the season and I didnt see anything today to change my mind.
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:32 pm

Mark S wrote:We still had an outside chance of the play offs when we went to Exeter. It was still possible if results went our way.

Allegedly he couldnt be arsed getting out of his bed after being out the night before the team travelled down.

He is suppossed to be a professional footballer. What if the rest of the team had displayed such a poor attitude?

He was lazy and inconsistent throughout the season and I didnt see anything today to change my mind.

ok ill agree with you on the first bit i wasn't absolutely sure with the play-off situation

but i dont agree with the last comment he played as a lone striker for us a lot of the time and had poor service but still manged a goal in just over every 3 games

and it looked pretty much the same story for him today with his new club, and still managed to score
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:04 pm

pfftt the guys an idiot, if you read his facebook you'd soon understand why. He went partying every weekend, he didn't care about the club at all.

'i bet Morecambe are missing me, I aint missing them at all' hmmm
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:pfftt the guys an idiot, if you read his facebook you'd soon understand why. He went partying every weekend, he didn't care about the club at all.

he's probably said that back after being offended today knowing full well it will wind certain Morecambe fans up
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:27 pm

DawZi wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:pfftt the guys an idiot, if you read his facebook you'd soon understand why. He went partying every weekend, he didn't care about the club at all.

he's probably said that back after being offended today knowing full well it will wind certain Morecambe fans up

He said that when he left us. Speaking to some Lincoln fans they have the exact same impression as most Morecambe fans, a lazy arse!!!
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:49 pm

oh well ill eat my hat :P :lol:
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:55 pm

DawZi wrote:

Even if thats true, as a professional footballer, he shouldn't say things like that.
james456

Postby marky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Indeed, it is a start. Winning breeds confidence and *hopefully* we can kick on from here. Been a good day, both us and Leeds won and Zoe got kicked off Strictly :D However, one win does not a season and turn-around make. One win doesn't doesn't a mind change. It would take several wins to do that and that's the next challenge.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Aal » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Rene Howe was a good player for us, scored some fab goals and got us out of several holes last season.
He showed restraint after his goal and did well to persuade the hot head who got sent off that he should go quietly.
Don't care about what happened at the tail end of last season, we should always respect our former players.

Well done Drummy and the lad..a much deserved win today..
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:38 pm

Funny enough I like Rene Howe and think he rose above all that nonsense coming from the North stand, he showed some great touches fitting of a quality player.

Big Stu had another cracking game and Wainwright was the difference we needed in order to get any kind of result with his superb crossing and wing wizardry.
The distraction of the cup will be a blessing in disguise for Sammy as he can get others up to speed and fit for our next crucial League game that will no doubts test our metal and resolve to the max in equal quantities.
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion