Credit where its due

Re: Credit where its due

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Nothing to do with his name its his views :o

Not that I have a problem with someone expressing thiers - this is what this forum is all about but I suspect he likes a bit of fishing ;)
SkinnyShrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:12 pm

saesonsinthesun, no disrespect to you but it amazes me, but when someone does go against the norm on here certain people just dont like it so thats why as you put it i do get a bit rebelious, i think its quite funny how much some people get het up about it .
alwaysright

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:15 pm

alwaysright wrote:saesonsinthesun, no disrespect to you but it amazes me, but when someone does go against the norm on here certain people just dont like it so thats why as you put it i do get a bit rebelious, i think its quite funny how much some people get het up about it .

Now if by 'rebelious' you mean winding up and stirring it just for fun then you are on the wrong board. We need that like a hole in the head at the moment. There are enough attention seekers on here already thanks.
Mark S

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Sorry mark s, that doesnt come over as i meant it too, but i cant see why someone cant post his/her opinions on here and take so much grief, ok i agree that what i say doesnt go down well with everyone all of the time and i suppose my username may come over as challenging to some people, i may have to change it.........................................nah
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:25 pm

alwaysright is a person of few words :lol: :lol:

mark..........

if you feel you need to lock this

goahead
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Oh not yet................but im going to have a real laugh now and watch Fulham stuff that 3rd team on merseyside
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:36 pm

do you alwayrite have the last say :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:40 pm

You dont know why people agree with what you say?
Mainly because you come out with a statement, generally negative and then when challenged about it, you dont justify it.
Then when more than one challenges your 'opinion/statement' you revert to personal insults or claim you were fishing......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Bloody hell......all this personal abuse...AND WE F***ING WON!

What would you all be like had we LOST.....

Grow up and be thankful that we got a positive result.

I'm not Sammy's biggest fan, but tonight he and the team deserve some slack.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:49 pm

couldnt agree more............
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:Bloody hell......all this personal abuse...AND WE F***ING WON!

Noone is giving the team or manager any flack tonight CC
:?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:53 pm

everyone as a wee bit of feel good factor 8-)

although i do think Lincoln where poor today, it could be just a case of papering over the cracks :|
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:56 pm

but a positive today for me was N Wainwright he now gives us balance naturally being right sided along with Wilson on the other flank i now expect better attacking play and goals :)
George Dawes

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:05 pm

I personally think that ockers is way OTT with his 'ONE SIDED' mini rant over other peoples opinions on here, YES we all know that you work in close tandum with the club but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to ride roughshod over a paying customers opinion.

Here's mine! Lincoln were CRAP!!!! the WORST SIDE i've seen for years and actually made us look like Brazil, poor old Chris Sutton will be out before he's started with that shower.

Now for the POSITIVES, we ACTUALLY WON for once YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEE DO!!! It wasn't pretty but it didn't matter, up against a better side we might have got another draw, How did I feel during the game????
Nervous as hell and even at 2-0 up I really didn't feel comfortable such is our inability to hold a lead but credit where it's due we held out,
What really beggars belief is Sammy had the very same players at his disposal for other games and didn't use em, had he done would we have won other games???? just a thought :?
Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:09 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:What really beggars belief is Sammy had the very same players at his disposal for other games and didn't use em, had he done would we have won other games???? just a thought :?

To be fair Neil Wainwright needed to go out on loan to gain some much needed match experience... my god it's worked! :)
Crooky MFC

Postby Curly » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:20 am

Christies Child wrote:Bloody hell......all this personal abuse...AND WE F***ING WON!

You're definately someones biggest fan :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 am

was a great result and great performance, every player put in a great performance and a well worked team effort, roll on Saturday!!!

I am glad Sammy prved us and myslf included wrong, i am a fan of sammy's and last week was a blip for myself, i always like to remain posistive so roll on the next game, keep the faith!! :D
thegentlegiant

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 am

Curly wrote:

You're definately someones biggest fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....would he or she please step forward..... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:56 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:I personally think that ockers is way OTT with his 'ONE SIDED' mini rant over other peoples opinions on here, YES we all know that you work in close tandum with the club but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to ride roughshod over a paying customers opinion.

Here's mine! Lincoln were CRAP!!!! the WORST SIDE i've seen for years and actually made us look like Brazil, poor old Chris Sutton will be out before he's started with that shower.

Now for the POSITIVES, we ACTUALLY WON for once YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEE DO!!! It wasn't pretty but it didn't matter, up against a better side we might have got another draw, How did I feel during the game????
Nervous as hell and even at 2-0 up I really didn't feel comfortable such is our inability to hold a lead but credit where it's due we held out,
What really beggars belief is Sammy had the very same players at his disposal for other games and didn't use em, had he done would we have won other games???? just a thought :?

Totally agree Oldham, to compare Lincoln with Bradford and Northampton who both overran us in second half is unbelievable , :o i think they only had 2 shots on goal in the whole game.By far the worst team to play at C.P this season . Lincoln too, had a go at us for 10 mins in second half after their ear bashing but we didn't crumble this time and kept our enegy levels up for the whole game . I said to S.Mc just before half -time " all they need now is a can of Red Bull each , hmm ;)
parceldave

Postby Star08 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:47 am

p.s. I think a name such as alwaysright will attract more challenge and criticism than most others![/quote]

It's Abbo's murk-tinted glasses that do it
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby Posh » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:To be fair Neil Wainwright needed to go out on loan to gain some much needed match experience

I'm confused. Neil Wainwright's been fit since the start of the season and was one of our best players in last season's run in. I can't see why he needed to go out on loan to prove himself or get fit.

Without going into the reasons, Adam Yates left the club and we needed a replacement as a right wing-back. We started with Darren Moss (no because orthodox right back), since then we've played Garry Hunter, Mark Duffy and even Wayne Curtis in that role. Finally we've fallen back, for me, on the best candidate - a naturally right-sided player with the stamina to get up and down the wing (and proven) who delivers a decent ball and can beat his man plus put in a decent tackle when needed.

As for the central midfield, was Ian Craney injured or dropped? As he wasn't on the bench I can only assume injured. As a result we put in Stanners and Garry Hunter to do the hard work, bags of energy, pace and physical commitment, whereas Drummy had a more free role where he got up an down the park using his experience and it worked.

Like this time last season certain players seem to have been foresaken after a lengthy spell to prove themselves, by luck of judgement, for those who may not necessarily be as skilful as others but have the other characteristics - passion, determination, energy and stamina - to get us results.

As many have said, we knew we'd get there in the end and long may it continue.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Posh wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:To be fair Neil Wainwright needed to go out on loan to gain some much needed match experience

I'm confused. Neil Wainwright's been fit since the start of the season and was one of our best players in last season's run in. I can't see why he needed to go out on loan to prove himself or get fit.

Without going into the reasons, Adam Yates left the club and we needed a replacement as a right wing-back. We started with Darren Moss (no because orthodox right back), since then we've played Garry Hunter, Mark Duffy and even Wayne Curtis in that role. Finally we've fallen back, for me, on the best candidate - a naturally right-sided player with the stamina to get up and down the wing (and proven) who delivers a decent ball and can beat his man plus put in a decent tackle when needed.

As for the central midfield, was Ian Craney injured or dropped? As he wasn't on the bench I can only assume injured. As a result we put in Stanners and Garry Hunter to do the hard work, bags of energy, pace and physical commitment, whereas Drummy had a more free role where he got up an down the park using his experience and it worked.

Like this time last season certain players seem to have been foresaken after a lengthy spell to prove themselves, by luck of judgement, for those who may not necessarily be as skilful as others but have the other characteristics - passion, determination, energy and stamina - to get us results.

Im confused too, because i thought Yatesy played at right back and Thommo played at right wing . Darren Moss came highly rated from Shrewbury as a RIGHT BACK replacement for Yatesy but was played at wing back which he wasn't suited to. Play him in his proper position and im sure he will do a job for us like Wainey will as a winger. Maybe Craney was dropped because of his poor workrate over last couple of games , Stanners isn't as creative but has a lot more energy, i just hope next time he wears his Beckham boots instead of Jonny Wilkinsons. ;) . Only my opinion but i would rather have 4-4-2 . Moss,Parrish, Bentley and Wilson
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Parceldave
Im confused too, because i thought Yatesy played at right back and Thommo played at right wing . Darren Moss came highly rated from Shrewbury as a RIGHT BACK replacement for Yatesy but was played at wing back which he wasn't suited to. Play him in his proper position and im sure he will do a job for us like Wainey will as a winger. Maybe Craney was dropped because of his poor workrate over last couple of games , Stanners isn't as creative but has a lot more energy, i just hope next time he wears his Beckham boots instead of Jonny Wilkinsons. . Only my opinion but i would rather have 4-4-2 . Moss,Parrish, Bentley and Wilson

me to, id rather pack the midfield with a 4 5 1 if the idea is to keep things tight, but! i cant see SM changing it this season
George Dawes

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:33 pm

parceldave wrote:
Posh wrote:

Im confused too, because i thought Yatesy played at right back and Thommo played at right wing . Darren Moss came highly rated from Shrewbury as a RIGHT BACK replacement for Yatesy but was played at wing back which he wasn't suited to. Play him in his proper position and im sure he will do a job for us like Wainey will as a winger. Maybe Craney was dropped because of his poor workrate over last couple of games , Stanners isn't as creative but has a lot more energy, i just hope next time he wears his Beckham boots instead of Jonny Wilkinsons. ;) . Only my opinion but i would rather have 4-4-2 . Moss,Parrish, Bentley and Wilson

So you don't think he would play Adams ? Come on, he always plays his mate!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Yep he will play his mate no matter what, as i said that back 4 would be my choice for now. ;)
parceldave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion