THE LANCASTER GUARDIAN

THE LANCASTER GUARDIAN

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 am

With its awkward broadsheet, unpractical style, making it impossible for the busy people in this area to read without dedicating a large area of floorspace and a lot of time to read , the fact it seems unable to notice that two miles from its headquarters is a football league team who barely get a mention, it gets ink all over your hands, and it runs a public naming and shaming, stocks style courtwatch in the front, regularly misses vital info off advertisers ads, like phone nombers and event dates, should become a tabloid style free paper, before it vanishes into , as steve midds would say, the dreaded abyss of obscurity (visitor circa 1980)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: THE LANCASTER GUARDIAN

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:03 am

Court watch is the only reason I buy it :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Suzi Quatro » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:11 am

It is wrong to display peoples names in this fromat for very minor offences. When I read the scale of offences and the fines imposed I question if our civil liberties are being seriously eroded.
Clearly the courts have very little to deal with when they scounder money out of people for offences like Drunk and Disorderely. It seems that our local police have very little to deal with when they arrest people for such offences or maybe there is a Sergeant sat behind his desk wetting his/her pants becasue the arrest stats are low.

Maybe the Lancaster Guardian could care to publish the expences that have been aquired by our local Magistrates who at the end of the day impose such fines on these people.
Talking of court watch has any action been taken against a certain Magistrate who was allegedly asleep during a hearing?

True Anarchist
Suzi Quatro

Postby NeilG » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm

it runs a public naming and shaming, stocks style courtwatch in the front, regularly misses vital info off advertisers ads, like phone nombers

GOOD I think naming and shaming criminals is a fantastic idea. Not sure about missing vital vowels from words is such a crime though ;)

Clearly the courts have very little to deal with when they scounder money out of people for offences like Drunk and Disorderely.

If people can't have a drink without being disorderly then they should absolutely be punished for being a lightweight, anyone who can't take their ale should be sent on a course to learn when to stop :lol:
NeilG

Return to General Discussion