Sadly, a manager is judged on one criteria - results

Sadly, a manager is judged on one criteria - results

Postby Bryan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:44 am

Thankfully the club haven't done a 'Grimsby' (is Alan Buckley going to be asked back for the fourth or fifth time?) and sacked Sammy after the appalling performance against Northampton. I'm still all in favour of consitancy at clubs but you feel that even Morecambe FC have a tipping point as regards results and league table places.

Next two games are massive for Sammy and will define the season. Of that i've no doubt. Sadly managers are judged on results and they haven't been good enough at this club, even if performances have. Having said that we've got to stick together and make some noise on Saturday (get the bloody drum going again) and if we win it will be a huge day for everyone who loves this club.

I think most people are sensible and realise what McIlroy has done for Morecambe FC. I think Panther and Roache will be massive for us when they get back and i for one will at least wait for that before going off the deep end if results still aren't up to scratch. So i'll be behind Sammy and the players on Saturday but will be expecting more consitancy in team selection (why have we been playing Artell when he's been injured?).

Time to freshen things up i'm afraid. Time to try fit younger players when others are struggling for form or are injured. Time to maybe actually play players in their right positions. And maybe time to drop underperforming players (you can make your own minds up on that one) and send a message out that complacent performances just aren't acceptable e.g. Northampton.

I know injuries have been a factor but Sammy promised us competition for places - well lets at least see some (McStay, Stanley, Moss, Parrish, Curtis, Taylor and biggest crime of all Twiss kicking their heels on a Saturday) . This isn't some 'old boys club' for Sammy and his mates.

I'm sure McIlroy can turn it round. We haven't had the best of luck. But sometimes you've got to make your own luck. Team selection and subs are part of that process.
Bryan

Re: Sadly, a manager is judged on one criteria - results

Postby parkyboy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 pm

Best post of the week
parkyboy

Postby alwaysright » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:59 pm

I'll put money on it that Adams keeps his place ???
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:34 pm

I'll put my money on you moaning about it
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Bryan wrote:I know injuries have been a factor but Sammy promised us competition for places - well lets at least see some (McStay, Stanley, Moss, Parrish, Curtis, Taylor and biggest crime of all Twiss kicking their heels on a Saturday) .

Is Twissy the biggest crime of all? There was one player who was outstanding in the second half of last season, created havoc on his side of the pitch and created what we need - goals - and you haven't even mentioned him.

Neil Wainwright.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Posh wrote:
Bryan wrote:I know injuries have been a factor but Sammy promised us competition for places - well lets at least see some (McStay, Stanley, Moss, Parrish, Curtis, Taylor and biggest crime of all Twiss kicking their heels on a Saturday) .

Is Twissy the biggest crime of all? There was one player who was outstanding in the second half of last season, created havoc on his side of the pitch and created what we need - goals - and you haven't even mentioned him.

Neil Wainwright.

Yep now he is back from Loan I would be happy to see Larry flying up the left and Neil on the right. Our forwards could'nt fail to score. Pin 'em back in their own half that's our best form of defence! :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:02 pm

]
alwaysright wrote:I'll put money on it that Adams keeps his place ???

ezz wrote:I'll put my money on you moaning about it

well if he makes mistakes what lead to goals and ultimately defeat, when there's fitter players on the bench with ability to run faster and jump higher to head a balls, what do you expect :?
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Posh wrote:

Neil Wainwright.

perhaps we will all get the chance to see him again tomorrow.... ;)
ockers

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 pm

DawZi wrote:]
alwaysright wrote:I'll put money on it that Adams keeps his place ???

ezz wrote:I'll put my money on you moaning about it

well if he makes mistakes what lead to goals and ultimately defeat, when there's fitter players on the bench with ability to run faster and jump higher to head a balls, what do you expect :?

And if he plays well we win and he sets up the winner he'l still moan
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:28 pm

We need to be at em from the off and pressing even more should we find ourselves going infront early doors, no more sitting back trying to defend a lead and definately no more Sammy sitting down if we go behind ;)

Let's all do our bit to make sure of the points tomorrow :D

p.s Don't upset Rene too much :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby alwaysright » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:29 pm

ezz,
iv finally realised what a knob you are, your always the first to have a go at anyone that doesnt tow the line, Adams is to blame for more goals being scored against us than anyone else, dont know if you have noticed but there are far more than me who have a lot more negative stuff to say about him.
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:47 pm

alwaysright wrote:ezz,
iv finally realised what a knob you are, your always the first to have a go at anyone that doesnt tow the line, Adams is to blame for more goals being scored against us than anyone else, dont know if you have noticed but there are far more than me who have a lot more negative stuff to say about him.

There's no reason to bring foul language onto our nice public forum, thats just bad form.
I'd like you to find me a quote said by me having a go at any player who hasn't 'towed the line'. Ironically you may find one or too stating my own displeasure at seeing Adams in the team dating back from about 2yrs ago to present.
You seem to like playing the role of 'devil's advocate' and I dont actually see you as a serious poster to care much about what you say, hence my sarcastic remarks to posts which obviously annoys you, but then again your reaction is just, as your 'alwaysright' ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby alwaysright » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Oh ezz stop it now, and i meant any one that posts on here that does not tow the line you have a go at
alwaysright

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 pm

Shame there've been so many insults in the last week. Devalues people's opinions if they can't be delivered without insulting the person you're arguing with.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 pm

alwaysright wrote:Oh ezz stop it now, and i meant any one that posts on here that does not tow the line you have a go at

you loose your argument as soon as you "call people names " but like Ive said before its blasphemy to insult Adams on here, despite the obvious reasons :?
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 pm

If you'll have been reading the last few weeks I've disagreed with people's views about replaceing the manager, no personal insults involved. I have argued my point and challeneged others who think differently by asking them to justify why, some have, some havn't.
Throw a few random comment posts in there and thats me 8-)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:44 pm

ezz wrote:If you'll have been reading the last few weeks I've disagreed with people's views about replaceing the manager, no personal insults involved. I have argued my point and challeneged others who think differently by asking them to justify why, some have, some havn't.
Throw a few random comment posts in there and thats me 8-)

alwaysright and ezz are one of the same

dats why u cant see eye to eye :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 pm

I cant see his eyes
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Well, if and it's a big IF he has 90 minutes to save his job, then Sammy should play Curtis,Parrish, McStay, Wainwright and Twiss from the start with Craney coming off the bench in the second half, but not on 87 minutes please, more like 55-60.
But that may be too radical and it will be the same old...same old again. :(
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:18 pm

ezz wrote:I cant see his eyes

look to the left and look to the right...............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:43 pm

I think he'll stick with his same old same old, I agree wit the substitutions some need to be made early to go for the win. Think shrimper or ockers mentioned in another thread that we must have the least effective bench in the league, i.e we never really have anyone to bring on and win it for us. Maybe giving Crane the last half hour or 20mins could have that effect.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:02 am

4-1 win tommorow.
james456

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:09 am

We now have a chance to open a bit of a gap between us and the bottom 2 if we can get a win against Lincoln, big incentive there to play for now
alwaysright

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:28 am

Time to make that North terrace rock ,the 3rd man will bring 3 points to the Shrimps by 1650 tomorrow SAMMY MACS BARMY ARMY , COME ON YOU SHRIMPS. :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Return to General Discussion