Using your substitutes wisely

Using your substitutes wisely

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 pm

It seems to me that a lot of teams treat the matchday as a squad game i.e. all 18 players (the 11 who start and the 7 on the bench) are potential matchwinners.
What seems to happen to me at Morecambe is that there is just hope that the starting eleven can "do the business" and if its not working just throw on a couple of panicky substitutions after 80 to 87 minutes, far too little and too late.
Surely a manager should have a plan B and even a plan C for every game?
I do understand of course that no-one can predict sudden injuries during games which mean an unexpected substitution has to be made, but it does appear that Sammy does not have a measured approach to his substitutions whereas even other League Two managers are often seen to bring someone on after, say, 55-60 minutes with a view to trying to change the game. Do any of you agree with me? :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Using your substitutes wisely

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:53 pm

I hope sammy asks his players at half time on saturday, does anyone need to take a shite :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:It seems to me that a lot of teams treat the matchday as a squad game i.e. all 18 players (the 11 who start and the 7 on the bench) are potential matchwinners.
What seems to happen to me at Morecambe is that there is just hope that the starting eleven can "do the business" and if its not working just throw on a couple of panicky substitutions after 80 to 87 minutes, far too little and too late.
Surely a manager should have a plan B and even a plan C for every game?
I do understand of course that no-one can predict sudden injuries during games which mean an unexpected substitution has to be made, but it does appear that Sammy does not have a measured approach to his substitutions whereas even other League Two managers are often seen to bring someone on after, say, 55-60 minutes with a view to trying to change the game. Do any of you agree with me? :roll:

Shouldn't that read 'Does anybody disagree?' ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 pm

A freind of mine saw what happened at the pre match accident involving some of our squad, he filmed it with his phone and has allowed me to upload it to shed light on saturdays below par performance, note the lads have got their kit on, so they were sceduled to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bksiiivwTLA
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby hunter8 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:22 am

ha ha very bloody funny not :!:
hunter8

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:32 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:A freind of mine saw what happened at the pre match accident involving some of our squad, he filmed it with his phone and has allowed me to upload it to shed light on saturdays below par performance, note the lads have got their kit on, so they were sceduled to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bksiiivwTLA

:twisted: :twisted:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Return to General Discussion