Shrimpers to face administration

Shrimpers to face administration

Postby Loyalsupporter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Officials from HM Revenue and Customs are seeking to place Southend United Football Club into administration because of an unpaid tax bill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 328096.stm
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Re: Shrimpers to face administration

Postby Loyalsupporter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Statement made by Ron Martin in September.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 241168.stm

" The Blues need to come up with £660,000 by the end of next month, but the chairman says fans don't need to worry.

"There's not a financial crisis, we are in a transitional stage moving Southend United from Roots Hall," Martin told BBC Essex "
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:37 pm

I wish our fellow larger crustaceans well ;) A drop in the ocean compared to Glasgow Rangers debt of £25M :o

With all these loan sharks around nowadays the administrators must be having a whale of a time catching people 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:25 pm

One of many in the future I fear.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 pm

if they did go into administration the -10 points deduction would leave them bommom of the table
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Its even worse for Accy they could be wound up tomorrow, their fundraising attempts to raise the £308.000 owed to the HMRC have fallen well short.

They are going back to the high court in the morning to ask for more time to raise the money but they have already had a eight week extension so it could well be the end for Stanley.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm

steve mfc wrote:Its even worse for Accy they could be wound up tomorrow, their fundraising attempts to raise the £308.000 owed to the HMRC have fallen well short.

They are going back to the high court in the morning to ask for more time to raise the money but they have already had a eight week extension so it could well be the end for Stanley.

You really can't comprehend the logic of turning down a multi-multi millionaire who wants to clear the entire debt because he wants to take control. If I was a successful business man and I was clearing the debt and investing hugely, I'd be damn sure to want to control that business rather than leave it in the control of the people currently overseeing the mess.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion