Sammy Reaction To Northampton Defeat - Listen Here

Re: Sammy Reaction To Northampton Defeat - Listen Here

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 am

Mark S wrote:but I purposely didnt come on here until I had heard what Sammy and the players had to say and had had chance to sleep on it.

Likewise, I visited on Saturday to read (and tidy up quickly!) but chose not to post until yesterday afternoon. I think we all knew that SV wouldn't be pretty this weekend. So the letting off of steam has occurred, now is the time to regroup, ready to do battle.

Let's get the North Stand rocking on Saturday!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby alwaysright » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 am

Hello Keith it was good to chat and meet you on saturday, its always good to meet the person you cross swords with at time to time..haha.
I can't make my mind up if it would be a good move to change the manager just yet or not, but having read about his team selection following the accident i find his team selection very strange, I dont want to open old wounds but if as been said in the past,if this IS our best squad why after all these games why havnt they clicked, is it the manager or are they not as good as we thought ??????????????
alwaysright

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am

Great post, as you say we should support the team through thick and thin, i think everyone is at the end of there tether when it comes to the results and we all know morecambe can perform much better.

I know sammy can change results around and hope he does it sooner rather than later.

Hold on a minute...I'm sure I read in another thread you claiming Sammy should be sacked if we lose next week? Make your mind up!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Duffman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:33 am

thegentlegiant wrote:For me Sammy should go if we lose to Lincoln, i have always back the manager through thick and thin and believe this season for us is to much to go on a whim that sammy might savage the season

WE DESERVE BETTER.

Some say christmas some say till the end of the season, i say you lose on Sat then you must go.
I personally hope he proves all of us wrong.

:lol:
Duffman

Postby steve mfc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Keith wrote:
Mark S wrote:but I purposely didnt come on here until I had heard what Sammy and the players had to say and had had chance to sleep on it.

Likewise, I visited on Saturday to read (and tidy up quickly!) but chose not to post until yesterday afternoon. I think we all knew that SV wouldn't be pretty this weekend. So the letting off of steam has occurred, now is the time to regroup, ready to do battle.

Let's get the North Stand rocking on Saturday!

Same here i waited till Sunday night, its to easy to come on here and post something that you might regret later particularly when we don't always know the reasons behind team selection, substitutions etc. Lets put this one behind us and focus on the game against Lincoln.
steve mfc

Postby sandgrown » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 pm

IMO there is no way we should even think about Sammy being replaced at this stage.

frustratingly though, he may have the answers in his own hands, namely McStay who has the pace that Jimbo and Artell have lost, and Stanley who has a good engine and could in some part fill the gap left by Panthers injury.

idealy I would like to see Haining (when fit) and McStay together, both have good pace and are good in the air, because his loyalty to the present two is costing us dear, no one place is sacred when you have the worst defence in the league.

unfortunately Wilson having to go off on Saturday was the turning point, we were 2-1 up, but conceded three after the change.
sandgrown

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 pm

I think the booing was mainly out of frustration. I don't really know who or what I was booing, I have a problem with it. It's so out of order but I needed to do something to make me feel better, and it worked. I won't do it if we lose to Lincoln, that would be time to just give up. The thing is, I've done it twice now this season, Burton and Northampton and both times it's been out of sheer anger. Before this season I wouldn't dream of it. That was my excuse anyway and let's face it, I think the fans are allowed a few to even it out. Car crash victims on the pitch? Absolutely crazy.
Bare Ben

Postby marky » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Dysie wrote:The concern on here for those involved in the crash is totally 'under-whelming', good job they weren't seriously injured, 'eh..... Then you may of given SM & the 3 players another 2 games to sort it out!
I was as gutted as anyone regarding yesterday's performance but too slag people off under these circumstances really is below the belt.
Just under a year ago, my wife & I were in a crash, which was of no fault of our own but the effect on our life has since has had many repercussions which we are still struggling to deal with.
Blame tactics or whatever but I thought MFC fans had at least compassion - So much for the 'friendly' supporters tag we coveted....

I can't speak for anyone else, Jeff, but from my point of view there's been no slagging off of the car crash victims for underperforming on Saturday, only Sammy for playing them. The fact that the were willing to play is admirable but Sammy as the manager should have left them out. Despite our injuries, we still have a big enough squad to cope with a one off event like this for one game.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Previous

Return to General Discussion