Stick with Sammy hes the only man for the job in hand.

Stick with Sammy hes the only man for the job in hand.

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:27 pm

There are a minority bunch of so called supporters ,who it doesnt matter who is in charge they would not be happy. Looking out at the back of my house and seeing work in progress on the new stadium, gives me the belief that this club is only going oneway. Lets get together and lift this team .We are a small team with a big heart. Please no more fighting in the ranks ,lets be as one and get behind the Manager and Board and keep mfc in League 1, were we will proudly stand and watch our lads run out at the New Christy Park next season. SAMMY MACS BARMY ARMY. :D :D :D :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Re: Stick with Sammy hes the only man for the job in hand.

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:35 pm

well said that man.

We have been here before and Sammy has produced someone(McGivern last year) to give the team a boost.

How about Thommo or Perkins (or both) this season ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:well said that man.

We have been here before and Sammy has produced someone(McGivern last year) to give the team a boost.

there could be a chance that both player could return to Christie Park Perks want's a move back to the area and Thommo is not getting many games at Scunny and has been to some of our games when he has not been playing
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:43 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:

there could be a chance that both player could return to Christie Park Perks want's a move back to the area and Thommo is not getting many games at Scunny and has been to some of our games when he has not been playing

...wishfull thinking I suspect, but excellent if it was to happen!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:46 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:There are a minority bunch of so called supporters ,who it doesnt matter who is in charge they would not be happy. Looking out at the back of my house and seeing work in progress on the new stadium, gives me the belief that this club is only going oneway. Lets get together and lift this team .We are a small team with a big heart. Please no more fighting in the ranks ,lets be as one and get behind the Manager and Board and keep mfc in League 1, were we will proudly stand and watch our lads run out at the New Christy Park next season. SAMMY MACS BARMY ARMY. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love your inspirational posts S.B. but it is clear you are a couple of years ahead of yourself :lol: :lol: .. ;)

COME ON MORECAMBE! :D

ps your namesake had a colourful life:

"His manager's verdict: Manager Ernie Tagg once said: "If Stan could pass a betting shop like he can pass a football, he would be all right." Tagg even used to give Bowles' wages directly to his wife." :lol: :lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 10659.html
stan.jpg
Last edited by marky No.1 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Sorry i meant league two next season, i carnt help it if im a forward thinking guy.UP THE SHRIMPS. :lol: :lol:
Stanley Bowles

Postby ockers » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:Sorry i meant league two next season, i carnt help it if im a forward thinking guy.UP THE SHRIMPS. :lol: :lol:

or thinking about your other team
;)
ockers

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I dont know what you mean ockers ,enjoy the rest of your lunch brake ;)
Stanley Bowles

Postby ockers » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:23 pm

tomato soup wing commander!!!
8-)
ockers

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

No lobster in ye old mess today ockers old boy
Stanley Bowles

Postby halfwayliner » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:54 pm

He's on a diet ;)
halfwayliner

Postby Posh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm

The only issue with that is twofold:

1. We're going to lose £400K this year - see comments from the Football Club - and that was before we brought in additional loan signings - Smith and Panther. I don't think we've got the budget for anything other than emergency loan signings.

2. How bad does it look for Sammy when he has to bring in players who left under his management and were brought through by a previous manager? Is that the only answer? He's brought in well over 20 players in the last two and a half seasons, surely we should expect some of them to be the ones taking us forward?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Posh wrote: He's brought in well over 20 players in the last two and a half seasons, surely we should expect some of them to be the ones taking us forward?

...and with all due respect to them, how many wear their Morecambe heart on their sleeves?

Barry Roche is one by the way ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Posh wrote:

The only issue with that is twofold:

1. We're going to lose £400K this year - see comments from the Football Club - and that was before we brought in additional loan signings - Smith and Panther. I don't think we've got the budget for anything other than emergency loan signings.

2. How bad does it look for Sammy when he has to bring in players who left under his management and were brought through by a previous manager? Is that the only answer? He's brought in well over 20 players in the last two and a half seasons, surely we should expect some of them to be the ones taking us forward?

and the financial loss from being relegated would dwarf the trading loss projected for the current year.

The return of Perks and Thommo would have a positive effect on gates and hopefully the results would improve. winning team means more fans and money.

Barrow want to sign Neil Wainwright on a permanent basis so that would be a high earner off the books to help. Mansfield want Henry McStay so thats another high earner off the books.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Posh wrote:2. How bad does it look for Sammy when he has to bring in players who left under his management and were brought through by a previous manager? Is that the only answer? He's brought in well over 20 players in the last two and a half seasons, surely we should expect some of them to be the ones taking us forward?

I'd say that both Perks and Thommo wanted to leave to play at a higher level and there'd be no shame in bringing them back now circumstances have changed.
james456

Postby Sharpy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:55 pm

wouldnt take either of them back. much rather have Yates or Blackburn back. or Kempson. and im pretty sure mr Baker would fit back in nicely..... maybe wishful thinking on that one...
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:12 pm

wainwright is coming back from injury, hopefully match fit and if played in his best position is a major boost, ditto regarding mcstay if given the chance, so offloading them is a shite call imo,
we are not in a position to offload anyone, whatever is going wrong will have to be sorted in house.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Sharpy wrote:wouldnt take either of them back. much rather have Yates or Blackburn back. or Kempson. and im pretty sure mr Baker would fit back in nicely..... maybe wishful thinking on that one...

no chance of getting Baker back as he has made a very good step up to leauge 1 would not supprise me if we saw him playing in the championship before long
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion