Sammy Reaction To Northampton Defeat - Listen Here

Sammy Reaction To Northampton Defeat - Listen Here

Postby The Bay » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:44 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy Reaction To Northampton Defeat - Listen Here

Postby KL Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:50 pm

KL Shrimp

Postby marky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Then why play Adams if he wasn't feeling at his best? What hold does he have on Sammy for goodness sake?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bill ding » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:35 pm

marky wrote:Then why play Adams if he wasn't feeling at his best? What hold does he have on Sammy for goodness sake?

Did they crash into sammy driving the minibus with the rest of the team in ( with the exception of G Hunter & L Wilson) ,that could explain todays shambles !
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Give sammy his dues, Sammy signs someone as opposed to borrowing them, he plays them hell or high water as he will not admit he is wrong, blinkhorn a prime example, a lot of our players are kicking on a bit, so it is not really fair to question training, players on season long loans are here coz they were not wanted by their clubs, we are in the bargain basement when it comes to signing people, car crashes, poorly tummies, shit happens, get on with it, Craig Stanley must be wondering how few people sammy has at his disposal before he gives him a game, i would say........dunno, 10 :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:24 pm

marky wrote:Then why play Adams if he wasn't feeling at his best? What hold does he have on Sammy for goodness sake?

with McStay on the bench aswell :roll:
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Just heard Sammy report in which he says we defended to deep in 2nd half , he is the mgr he has a defender Bentley as captain surely as the 2 senior men they can communicate to others what needs doing or are they not on the same wavelength
parkyboy

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:45 pm

parkyboy wrote:Just heard Sammy report in which he says we defended to deep in 2nd half , he is the mgr he has a defender Bentley as captain surely as the 2 senior men they can communicate to others what needs doing or are they not on the same wavelength

If you watch Sammy, he often waves frantically to try and get us to close down when the opposition are on the attack. It's like the players are too tired or not listening...
james456

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 pm

My point exactly if they are not taking any notice of Sammy which Bents should be anyway ,then change them with the subs who you can get the message to before you send them on
parkyboy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:59 pm

certainly time to re-instate Craig Stanley in the starting X1. His energy is much needed.

Darren Moss came as a highly rated right back and its time for him to earn his corn.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:03 pm

More excuses. We have fit players that could have filled the roles instead of playing people who have just been involved in crashes.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:16 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:More excuses. We have fit players that could have filled the roles instead of playing people who have just been involved in crashes.

Absolutely , none of those players involved in that accident should have been on the pitch or on the bench. Somone commented a while back that D.Adams would still play if he had both his legs chopped off, hmm seems like it could be true. :roll:
parceldave

Postby scar » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 pm

If players are putting themselves in a risk situation where by they could be injured in their 'commute' to Christie on a Saturday, then perhaps it's high time they either moved closer to the ground or travelled up Friday and stayed over - Fresh for the day instead of having 1, 2 or more hours driving in what are currently less than ideal road/traffic conditions.
scar

Postby badger » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 pm

if one of the excuses for yesterdays deafeat was three players were in a car crash then why play these players.i think the suporters would have understood that and he shuld have used some of the outher sqaud members, that is why we have a sqaud. i cannot wait to here what excuses they will come up with if we get beat at home to lincoln next week.talking to one of the board members yesterday after the game he said to myself and a couple mates that we shuld judge sammy mack over a full season and not just a few games, so it looks like a long season.
badger

Postby badger » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:12 pm

if one of the excuses for yesterdays deafeat was three players were in a car crash then why play these players.i think the suporters would have understood that and he shuld have used some of the outher sqaud members, that is why we have a sqaud. i cannot wait to here what excuses they will come up with if we get beat at home to lincoln next week.talking to one of the board members yesterday after the game he said to myself and a couple mates that we shuld judge sammy mack over a full season and not just a few games, so it looks like a long season.
badger

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:24 pm

scar wrote:If players are putting themselves in a risk situation where by they could be injured in their 'commute' to Christie on a Saturday, then perhaps it's high time they either moved closer to the ground or travelled up Friday and stayed over - Fresh for the day instead of having 1, 2 or more hours driving in what are currently less than ideal road/traffic conditions.

why it's not like it's going to happen often is it?
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:28 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
scar wrote:If players are putting themselves in a risk situation where by they could be injured in their 'commute' to Christie on a Saturday, then perhaps it's high time they either moved closer to the ground or travelled up Friday and stayed over - Fresh for the day instead of having 1, 2 or more hours driving in what are currently less than ideal road/traffic conditions.

why it's not like it's going to happen often is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:29 pm

badger wrote:if one of the excuses for yesterdays deafeat was three players were in a car crash then why play these players.i think the suporters would have understood that and he shuld have used some of the outher sqaud members, that is why we have a sqaud. i cannot wait to here what excuses they will come up with if we get beat at home to lincoln next week.talking to one of the board members yesterday after the game he said to myself and a couple mates that we shuld judge sammy mack over a full season and not just a few games, so it looks like a long season.

...at the risk of loosing League status and starting life as a non league club with a new stadium......NO THANKS!

Surely that opinion doesn't reflect that of the entire Board?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Dysie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 pm

[quote="badger"]if one of the excuses for yesterdays deafeat was three players were in a car crash then why play these players.i think the suporters would have understood that and he shuld have used some of the outher sqaud members, that is why we have a sqaud. i cannot wait to here what excuses they will come up with if we get beat at home to lincoln next week. ....... (+ others in this & other threads....0

The concern on here for those involved in the crash is totally 'under-whelming', good job they weren't seriously injured, 'eh..... Then you may of given SM & the 3 players another 2 games to sort it out!
I was as gutted as anyone regarding yesterday's performance but too slag people off under these circumstances really is below the belt.
Just under a year ago, my wife & I were in a crash, which was of no fault of our own but the effect on our life has since has had many repercussions which we are still struggling to deal with.
Blame tactics or whatever but I thought MFC fans had at least compassion - So much for the 'friendly' supporters tag we coveted....
Dysie

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:26 am

Sorry about your accident dysie, i hope things are ok for you and your family,
but the comparison is a bit awry, twissy and parrish were at the match as opposed to casualty, both chatting with fans looking ok, adams was on the pitch for the full game, so if things were amiss, why were the players, particularly adams at cp, let alone on the pitch, have the defence been crashing on a regular basis pre match, I think this is a bit lame, blaming what looks like a very minor accident for our teams poor performance.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby hunter8 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 am

what a load of heartless crap ive read on this forum :!: get behind the lads for gods sake and as for the booing on saturday you should be dam well ashamed of yourselves. suppose you are consistantly 100% at your workplace :!:
hunter8

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 am

hunter8 wrote:what a load of heartless crap ive read on this forum :!: get behind the lads for gods sake and as for the booing on saturday you should be dam well ashamed of yourselves. suppose you are consistantly 100% at your workplace :!:

Playing devils advocate, in my workplace we actively encourage our service users to give us feedback, both positive AND negative...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 am

Keith wrote:
hunter8 wrote:what a load of heartless crap ive read on this forum :!: get behind the lads for gods sake and as for the booing on saturday you should be dam well ashamed of yourselves. suppose you are consistantly 100% at your workplace :!:

Playing devils advocate, in my workplace we actively encourage our service users to give us feedback, both positive AND negative...

But possibly not " You should be sacked" or "You are Crap, sort it out" or "You're not good enough anymore"

Come on guys, get a grip and support the club. Booing? Shamefull. I see the usual suspects that for some reason got it in for Sammy are positively gleeful about this defeat and cant wait for another next Saturday. That is sad.

I was fed up after the match on Saturday and thought dark thoughts, but I purposely didnt come on here until I had heard what Sammy and the players had to say and had had chance to sleep on it.

A very poor second half display that saw Northampton really step it up and for us not to cope. Shades of Rochdale. Having seen the superb performance last week I was sctratching my head to why. A car accident will have any number of effects on an individual. Some of them delayed. I understand Twissy felt fine before the match but stiffened up during the match. That isnt Sammy's fault. Who knows what was the delayed reaction to the others? Laurence Wilson was throwing up at half time with stomach cramps. Thats not Sammy's fault either. As good as that win against Notts County felt at the time, I think I would have rather lost than lose Panther. I think we would have had more points on the board if he had not been injured. Its not Sammys fault he and Haining (or Big Baz for that matter) are injured. Having said that even without them we have been turning in good performances. That is a fact.

I made a personal choice yesterday after much thought. Sammy deserves my full and unwaivering support for the rest of this season. I am a supporter of the Club first and foremost but for what Sammy has done for us, we owe him a debt. He and the club will turn these results around. Do we not think Jimbo isnt hurting as much as every one of us at the moment? The boo boys should be really proud that the last thing he and the other players heard before leaving the pitch was their own fans booing. Well done guys.

Please support the team. Get behind them and make them know that you care but are supporters and not going to get on their backs every time they make a mistake.

When did we all become big time charlies? people go on about where we should be 'on paper' with this team. Take a step back and look at where we should be 'on paper' with the club. The colour is blue and the shape is square. Enjoy the ride. We are having the time of our lives compared to previous generations of supporters.

Get behind Sammy and the lads on saturday and lets take every game as it comes!
Mark S

Postby campdave » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:13 am

Excellent post mark, echoes a lot of my sentiments
campdave

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:52 am

Mark S wrote:
Keith wrote:

But possibly not " You should be sacked" or "You are Crap, sort it out" or "You're not good enough anymore"

Come on guys, get a grip and support the club. Booing? Shamefull. I see the usual suspects that for some reason got it in for Sammy are positively gleeful about this defeat and cant wait for another next Saturday. That is sad.

I was fed up after the match on Saturday and thought dark thoughts, but I purposely didnt come on here until I had heard what Sammy and the players had to say and had had chance to sleep on it.

A very poor second half display that saw Northampton really step it up and for us not to cope. Shades of Rochdale. Having seen the superb performance last week I was sctratching my head to why. A car accident will have any number of effects on an individual. Some of them delayed. I understand Twissy felt fine before the match but stiffened up during the match. That isnt Sammy's fault. Who knows what was the delayed reaction to the others? Laurence Wilson was throwing up at half time with stomach cramps. Thats not Sammy's fault either. As good as that win against Notts County felt at the time, I think I would have rather lost than lose Panther. I think we would have had more points on the board if he had not been injured. Its not Sammys fault he and Haining (or Big Baz for that matter) are injured. Having said that even without them we have been turning in good performances. That is a fact.

I made a personal choice yesterday after much thought. Sammy deserves my full and unwaivering support for the rest of this season. I am a supporter of the Club first and foremost but for what Sammy has done for us, we owe him a debt. He and the club will turn these results around. Do we not think Jimbo isnt hurting as much as every one of us at the moment? The boo boys should be really proud that the last thing he and the other players heard before leaving the pitch was their own fans booing. Well done guys.

Please support the team. Get behind them and make them know that you care but are supporters and not going to get on their backs every time they make a mistake.

When did we all become big time charlies? people go on about where we should be 'on paper' with this team. Take a step back and look at where we should be 'on paper' with the club. The colour is blue and the shape is square. Enjoy the ride. We are having the time of our lives compared to previous generations of supporters.

Get behind Sammy and the lads on saturday and lets take every game as it comes!

Great post, as you say we should support the team through thick and thin, i think everyone is at the end of there tether when it comes to the results and we all know morecambe can perform much better.

I know sammy can change results around and hope he does it sooner rather than later.
thegentlegiant

Next

Return to General Discussion