So change it....

So change it....

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Sammy has said that the defence once again failed yesterday.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 98,00.html

So change the formation......it might just help.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: So change it....

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:47 pm

What do you propose?
Morecambe Jack

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:52 pm

all i want is a flat back 4

preferably playing a 4 4 2 what is 2nd nature to every player and go man for man we have the players to do it
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:01 pm

DawZi wrote:all i want is a flat back 4

preferably playing a 4 4 2 what is 2nd nature to every player and go man for man we have the players to to it

I'm not too sure I agree with going to a 4-4-2 and having the players to do it. We didn't seem to yesterday.

I don't think, with the current first choice selection of players, we have the pace in the fullback positions to cope, pace wise.

Unless some extra training in changing formation was to take place I think we'd still struggle.
That's just my opinion, but, obviously to some people I know Jack Sh1T.
morecambe mick

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:08 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
DawZi wrote:all i want is a flat back 4

preferably playing a 4 4 2 what is 2nd nature to every player and go man for man we have the players to to it

I'm not too sure I agree with going to a 4-4-2 and having the players to do it. We didn't seem to yesterday.

I don't think, with the current first choice selection of players, we have the pace in the fullback positions to cope, pace wise.

Unless some extra training in changing formation was to take place I think we'd still struggle.
That's just my opinion, but, obviously to some people I know Jack Sh1T.

Like C.C said , Change it -

McStay/Moss...... Parrish....Bentley .....Wilson
Then we do have some pace ;)

Oh yes Mick , i entirely agree with you about your last comment . :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:10 pm

fullbacks id say have pace Wilson McStay Parrish even Moss he only think played once in a orthodox flat back 4 pre-season then struggled in this wing back system

and not surprisingly he's probably played 4 4 2 all his career and Artell aint slow plus Bentley makes up for it in other ways
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:46 pm

This being the defence that Sammy seems to blindly pick regardless. Sammy, it's simple. You want the defence to perform then get some young blood in there. You want them to perform, then don't pick players who have just been in a crash and told you they weren't quite right when you have a perfectly good replacement on the bench.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:What do you propose?

OK here goes...

Play 2 full backs in Moss and Wilson whose role is to purely defend. Don't ask them to play as wing backs. We might be sacrificing Wilson's effectivenss somewhat, but let's concentrate on defence in the immeadiate future.

Play Jimbo and McStay as traditional centre backs with Drummy just in front being the link between defence and midfield. Drummy showed on Saturday his excellence in long range passing. If we want to play with wingers the let's have Neil W back in the fold.

So my team would be

Smith
Moss Jimbo McStay Wilson
Drummond
Hunter Craney Wainwright
Mullen Jeavons
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Duffman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:23 am

Christies Child wrote:

OK here goes...

Play 2 full backs in Moss and Wilson whose role is to purely defend. Don't ask them to play as wing backs. We might be sacrificing Wilson's effectivenss somewhat, but let's concentrate on defence in the immeadiate future.

Play Jimbo and McStay as traditional centre backs with Drummy just in front being the link between defence and midfield. Drummy showed on Saturday his excellence in long range passing. If we want to play with wingers the let's have Neil W back in the fold.

So my team would be

Smith
Moss Jimbo McStay Wilson
Drummond
Hunter Craney Wainwright
Mullen Jeavons

Wilson has been outstanding this season and the main reason for this is his attacking capabilities. I would not in anyway ask him to play defensive or sacrifice his attacking mentality. I would agree with your XI but I'd like us to play with attacking full backs who aren't afraid to go forward, Michael Howard, David Perkins, Lee Colkin, Adam Yates, all were good at this. If this XI were to be picked I'm confident that Hunter/Wainwright/Duffy would comfortably cover the full back.
Duffman

Postby parceldave » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Callum wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

OK here goes...

So my team would be

Smith
Moss Jimbo McStay Wilson
Drummond
Hunter Craney Wainwright
Mullen Jeavons

Wilson has been outstanding this season and the main reason for this is his attacking capabilities. I would not in anyway ask him to play defensive or sacrifice his attacking mentality. I would agree with your XI but I'd like us to play with attacking full backs who aren't afraid to go forward, Michael Howard, David Perkins, Lee Colkin, Adam Yates, all were good at this. If this XI were to be picked I'm confident that Hunter/Wainwright/Duffy would comfortably cover the full back.

Why cant Wilson play the attacking full-back roll, im sure thats the position he played in for Chester against us to great effect.
parceldave

Postby Duffman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

parceldave wrote:
Callum wrote:

Why cant Wilson play the attacking full-back roll, im sure thats the position he played in for Chester against us to great effect.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, in my post I was saying he should be playing as an attacking full-back. I was disagreeing with CC who said they should only defend. I think Wilson would have an even bigger impact going forward as a full-back rather than a winger as he's less likely to be picked up by their full back.
Duffman

Return to General Discussion