VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: F/T Morecambe 2 (Jevons, drummy) Northampton Town 4

Postby Red Army » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Thrashed today by a team with very poor away record - simply not good enough
Red Army

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:20 pm

They were awful, what hope do we have losing to teams like that.
Crooky MFC

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Red Army wrote:Thrashed today by a team with very poor away record - simply not good enough

Thrashed? 2-1 up and looking comfortable until....

... complete capitulation. Another game we should have won with room to spare. This is so close to being the best Morecambe team of all time. But our capacity to lose points that we seem to have in the bag is getting to be a habit.

Someone's got to say it... our central defence is a real Achilles heel this season. Far too much space between Jimbo and Arts yet again. The cracks in that department could have been papered over had Manny been playing today - someone to hold the ball up in the middle. Another few weeks to wait.

Not a happy bunny.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:38 pm

There number 10 must have weighed 17 stone, the QE2 turned quicker than him yet he took the piss out of Bentley & Artell, they were abysmal
alwaysright

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:53 pm

any idea why Wilson was taken off? was he injured? & why mullins was still on the pitch for the 90 mins ( he contributed nowt to the game )
Shrimpman

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Shrimpman wrote:any idea why Wilson was taken off? was he injured? & why mullins was still on the pitch for the 90 mins ( he contributed nowt to the game )

id like to think so surely? :|
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Shrimpman wrote:any idea why Wilson was taken off? was he injured? & why mullins was still on the pitch for the 90 mins ( he contributed nowt to the game )

Contributed more than Aaron Taylor!! However, sammys said that twissy had a "bad head" after the car accident so thats why he didnt come on.

Im guessing Wilson did go off because of some injury - he went straight down the tunnel. If not then it was a ridiculous substitution.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:sammys said that twissy had a "bad head" after the car accident so thats why he didnt come on.

I was told (didn't hear it myself) that someone shouted to get Jevons off and Twiss on. SM shouted back "he's not fit!" Well in that case, WTF was he doing on the bench? Send him home and stick a young lad on, a young lad would benefit from the experience of 'being involved' rather than an injured Twiss who couldn't come on.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Smirnoff Please » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Parrish, Twiss and Adams involved in a car accident coming to the game. Didn't arrive until gone 2pm. Parrish badly shaken so unable to take his place on the bench. Twiss stifened up during the game, therefore unable to come on when asked, after saying he was ok to take his place on the bench, Danny very similar although he got through the game.

Laurence Wilson taken off suffering from stomach cramps.

Not posted to give excuses just some facts so others can comment clearer on Sammy's substitutions.
Why drink singles when you can order a double.......
Smirnoff Please

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Smirnoff Please wrote:Parrish, Twiss and Adams involved in a car accident coming to the game. Didn't arrive until gone 2pm. Parrish badly shaken so unable to take his place on the bench. Twiss stifened up during the game, therefore unable to come on when asked, after saying he was ok to take his place on the bench, Danny very similar although he got through the game.

Not posted to give excuses just some facts so others can comment clearer on Sammy's substitutions.

Explains a lot, thanks for posting that. Not saying it justifies the loss but explains todays selection and subs policy, IMO.
james456

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Smirnoff Please wrote:Parrish, Twiss and Adams involved in a car accident coming to the game. Didn't arrive until gone 2pm. Parrish badly shaken so unable to take his place on the bench. Twiss stifened up during the game, therefore unable to come on when asked, after saying he was ok to take his place on the bench, Danny very similar although he got through the game.

Shows how little depth we really have if the players involved still had to play or sit on the bench.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Smirnoff Please wrote:Not posted to give excuses just some facts so others can comment clearer on Sammy's substitutions.

Thanks for that, shows things in a completely different light. Hope no-one was seriously injured.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Red Army » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:37 pm

If Adams was not feeling right before game why on earth did mcstay not start instead ...... Very strange
Red Army

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:03 pm

if the players are not right to play they should not be in the team at all
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Was this the crash on the M6 that caused absolute chaos? I gave up all hope of using the motorway and instead spent the best part of two hours getting to CP via Settle only to see that second half shite :cry: :cry: :cry:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Aal » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Red Army wrote:Thrashed today by a team with very poor away record - simply not good enough

Apart from Rochdale, I have to say they were the best side I've seen at CP this season, esp their Numbers 4 and 11

As for Akinfenwi, he was clearly a match for both Artell and Bentley with immense strength. Guinan has always looked classy at this level.

Todays result was a shame but not time for suicide yet eh??
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:Was this the crash on the M6 that caused absolute chaos? I gave up all hope of using the motorway and instead spent the best part of two hours getting to CP via Settle only to see that second half shite :cry: :cry: :cry:

No this crash was on the crossroads between Halton and Slyne. Didnt look too serious when i drove past.
i-love-mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:11 pm

i-love-mfc wrote:
Blackburn shrimp wrote:Was this the crash on the M6 that caused absolute chaos? I gave up all hope of using the motorway and instead spent the best part of two hours getting to CP via Settle only to see that second half shite :cry: :cry: :cry:

No this crash was on the crossroads between Halton and Slyne. Didnt look too serious when i drove past.

why was they there i though they lived in the Manchester area
heysham_mfc

Postby Lic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:39 am

Yes it does explain a lot. If 3 players had been involved in a road traffic incident and didn't arrive until gone 2pm it's possible it had a knock on effect on the rest of the team, who I presume are all human beings likely to be concerned about their fellow players. Well done to those involved for turning up and getting on with the game - we don't always know how we're going to be once the adrenaline has worn off from these things.

Sounds like it was well managed by Sammy. For those who think this was just another poor show, Look North West on Friday night pointed out that the chances of the team gaining the string of draws we've had is something like 1 in 70,000 - quite impressive really.
Lic

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 am

whats look north west :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:38 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:whats look north west :?:

BBC local news, on after the national six o' clock news.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Keith wrote:

oh you mean north west tonight get ya now ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Keith wrote:

You forgot 'on TV'..he might have thought 'on the wireless'.... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:32 pm

:lol:

It was Look North in Stuart Hall's day, then Look North West now North West Tonight... bloody re-branding! :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion