Glee and baying lynch mobs

Glee and baying lynch mobs

Postby Bare bum » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:21 am

This forum is dripping with the self satisfaction of those supporters who, for some reason and at some level, seem to be enjoying the present difficulties of the team (and the manager) they support.
There are too many people here who think that sacking half decent managers is effective. I wonder if too many have got caught up in some "football manager game" cyber space induced fantasy that has given them hugely exaggerated notions of their own knowledge, skills and abilities. I've grown to expect more balance, more optimism and more maturity on this site, but maybe rose tinted is moving out of fashion - how sad.

In my opinion, we were well beaten by a side that will probably be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. There were some extenuating circumstances about our squad. We have had some bad luck with injuries to critical players in the spine of our team - (Roche, Haining and Panther). Up to yesterday a lot of people, me among them, were happy that we were playing well but had been very unlucky. Has that all changed after losing 4-2 at home? For me no.

Yesterday was not a good performance but the team and the management will know that. It happens sometimes. I am not worried about the quality of the players or the ability of the management team. The one thing I am worried about is confidence, the longer this period of not winning goes on, the more the the team doubts themselves. The more their own supporters abuse the manager and players, at matches and on here, the more the team doubts themselves.

If I was on the board I certainly would not be considering a knee jerk reaction to a poor performance.

A lot of people on here need to get a grip.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Re: Glee and baying lynch mobs

Postby Andy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:27 am

I echo those sentiments, but be prepared for the backlash !!!!!!!! ;)
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:40 am

Personally i think its the manager and the players that need to get a grip, there the one's that we turn up to support, that we pay our money at the gate that goes towards paying there wages, which entitles the paying public to voice there disatisfaction when they put in a display like yesterday, if we had been in a mid table position with a few wins behind us you could put it down as "just one of those games" but being in the position we are currently in we cant afford results and displays like that.
alwaysright

Postby marky » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:01 am

Bare bum wrote:I've grown to expect more balance, more optimism and more maturity on this site, but maybe rose tinted is moving out of fashion - how sad.

Since when was rose tinted optimism the same as balance? They don't match up at all. Also, when was having a differing opinion to the one you hold decreed to be showing a lack of maturity? I agree with alwaysright. When you're down at the bottom, you can't afford to have results like yesterday, even if they are one-offs. It again showed up the major stamina issues throughout our side. You can't blame injuries or bad luck. Injuries are part of the game and for reason have dogged our side throughout Sammy's tenure. Our squad isn't small by any means. We have enough players to cope.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby eggchaser » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:10 am

Bare bum wrote: I wonder if too many have got caught up in some "football manager game" cyber space induced fantasy that has given them hugely exaggerated notions of their own knowledge, skills and abilities.

Yes, I got Morecambe Firmly established in the championship on football manager... how hard can it really be? :twisted:
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby footballfan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:17 am

The game yesterday was an indication that there is no confidence in the team and that Sammy struggles, as he always has, with making subsitutions. Battled back from their opener and took control, noses in front now press on to kill the game off, no side to side, back stop playing, begin to give away the ball and we allow them to get back in. The positives,Wilson was ripping them apart, we were getting in behind, Drummy was pinging some decent passes, Smith showed he is a decent keeper to have on loan.Negatives, Duffy is not up to this level yet on a consistant basis, we have the slowest back 4 in the league. What does the manager do, take off a left footed player brings on a right footed player who can`t use his left,leaves Twissy on the bench and then with 5 minutes to go panics at 2-2 and throws on Aaron & Twissy as though they are going to win the game. Sorry, but in my opinion this is Sammy`s level as a manager. He will not get us out of this league and with tatics like yesterday, we will only just survive, gates will never increase which means in the long term wages will not be good enough to attract players, without decent players we remain where we are or worse go down and then gates drop, big circle. It is time to get real and shake it up, we need some bite in there, very quite all over the park yesterday and had they had quick forwards we would of been slaughtered. I agree with others in that I think there are certain playrs who know that they will be in the 11 even after a bad game. They need a reality check and maybe a spell on the bench or with the reserves might just show that nobody is a 100% certain starter
footballfan

Postby Lic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:00 am

I seem to have interpreted Bare Bum's comments differently - I think he's saying that whilst results haven't been ideal so far this season, scapegoating the manager and individual players isn't likely to improve them, and in fact is likely to be detrimental to their morale. Personally I think that the team have played well on the whole and achieved satisfactory results given that the majority of the games played have been against teams at the top of the league. We haven't lost that many games - I could understand the whingeing if there had been more losses.

Yes this is the best squad we've had - yet how many of those newly recruited players making up this 'best squad' are out due to injury?
How many players would have had the commitment to turn up for duty immediately after a road traffic accident that made them late?
Which manager led the team into the league?
How often is a team's progress purely down to the manager?

Sometimes we can do all the right things and they still don't work out - its life.
Lic

Postby NeilG » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 am

I've got some good advice for disgruntled supporters..........if you don't like what you see at Christie Park on a Saturday afternoon, go shopping with the wife or do some DIY.

The alternative is to continue supporting the team through what we all accept are difficult times.
The real moaners will always moan, the real ranters will always rant, those playstation plonkers who think they are a better manager than Sammy will continue to think that way but most importantly the real supports will continue to support.
NeilG

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:30 am

How many players would have had the commitment to turn up for duty immediately after a road traffic accident that made them late?

They shouldn't have played sammy should have picked McStay instead of Adams.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:32 am

NeilG wrote:I've got some good advice for disgruntled supporters..........if you don't like what you see at Christie Park on a Saturday afternoon, go shopping with the wife or do some DIY.

The alternative is to continue supporting the team through what we all accept are difficult times.
The real moaners will always moan, the real ranters will always rant, those playstation plonkers who think they are a better manager than Sammy will continue to think that way but most importantly the real supports will continue to support.

i will be doing just that if things don't improve and see the same tactical & selections mistakes being made week after week after week and then SM bemoaning luck
George Dawes

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:39 am

P/T Indie wrote: will be doing just that if things don't improve and see the same tactical & selections mistakes being made week after week after week and then SM bemoaning luck

good
broadwayshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:41 am

P/T Indie wrote:How many players would have had the commitment to turn up for duty immediately after a road traffic accident that made them late?

i dont know what more he as to do, i really don't, he doesn't complain he waits for his chance to get in the team when he does get in the team in my opinion does well he as pace can tackle can use the ball works well with jimbo

broadwayshrimp wrote:
P/T Indie wrote: will be doing just that if things don't improve and see the same tactical & selections mistakes being made week after week after week and then SM bemoaning luck

good

yeah i suppose it will be when attendance's shrink and they get into debt, and have a transfer embargo again
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

so free speech by paying fans should be limitd to blinkered lemmings :?:

I am beggining to think, the lemmings would treat getting into the bsp as a victory :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:05 am

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. ..
George Dawes

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:06 am

NeilG wrote:I've got some good advice for disgruntled supporters..........if you don't like what you see at Christie Park on a Saturday afternoon, go shopping with the wife or do some DIY.

That is exactly what a lot of supporters are already doing.

It's no kind of response to just say, don't like it, then don't turn up on a Saturday.

I love this club, I want to see them do well. The club advertises itself as a family club and a lot of us go down to christie not just for the football, but for the social side too. Just as players and managers accept praise and the accolades that come with success they also need to take the criticism and moaning when they don't perform.

I'm sure the club will not share your view that we should all go do something else instead come saturday, as I'm certain that they will welcome all paying supporters regardless of their views on the current performance of the team and management.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 am

here here
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:10 am

DawZi wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:How many players would have had the commitment to turn up for duty immediately after a road traffic accident that made them late?

i dont know what more he as to do, i really don't, he doesn't complain he waits for his chance to get in the team when he does get in the team in my opinion does well he as pace can tackle can use the ball works well with jimbo

broadwayshrimp wrote:

good

yeah i suppose it will be when attendance's shrink and they get into debt, and have a transfer embargo again

No, most true fans support their team through the bad times, plonkers like you come on forums and try to talk crap to force a bad reaction from people. Personally if you never go to a game again I couldn't care less if your not going to support the club in their darkest hour.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:16 am

will be doing just that if things don't improve and see the same tactical & selections mistakes being made week after week after week and then SM bemoaning luck

That wasn't me just to clear things up think something gone wrong with all the quotes.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:19 am

Your right the quotes did mess up, right now I dont think Sammy can pick a better team or formation to go with it, the only thing I'd do differently is drop Danny Adams as I've never rated him.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:19 am

No, most true fans support their team through the bad times, plonkers like you come on forums and try to talk crap to force a bad reaction from people. Personally if you never go to a game again I couldn't care less at least we wouldn't have to read the countless un-supporting threads you make. God I hope the players now your not a Morecambe fan.

just pointing out the obvious, and i have seen morecambe in the bad times i just cant stand the thought of watching this towns club where i was born getting relegated

PS put me as foe then you dont have to read my crap
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:20 am

The blinkered lemmings can say what they want, but i never heard oh sammy sammy, or sdammy sammy give us a wave sung once yesterday :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwS_YDzxH3M
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:23 am

DawZi wrote:
No, most true fans support their team through the bad times, plonkers like you come on forums and try to talk crap to force a bad reaction from people. Personally if you never go to a game again I couldn't care less at least we wouldn't have to read the countless un-supporting threads you make. God I hope the players now your not a Morecambe fan.

just pointing out the obvious, and i have seen morecambe in the bad times i just cant stand the thought of watching this towns club where i was born getting relegated

PS put me as foe then you dont have to read my crap

No, without people like you I have noone to post my self-righteous crap against.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:28 am

Dawzi you have a choice. Watch them or wave them goodbye.

Can someone please tell me what Parrish did wrong when he came into the team recently?
Bentley and Adams must think they have the cushiest jobs in football.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:30 am

footballfan wrote:The game yesterday was an indication that there is no confidence in the team and that Sammy struggles, as he always has, with making subsitutions. Battled back from their opener and took control, noses in front now press on to kill the game off, no side to side, back stop playing, begin to give away the ball and we allow them to get back in. The positives,Wilson was ripping them apart, we were getting in behind, Drummy was pinging some decent passes, Smith showed he is a decent keeper to have on loan.Negatives, Duffy is not up to this level yet on a consistant basis, we have the slowest back 4 in the league. What does the manager do, take off a left footed player brings on a right footed player who can`t use his left,leaves Twissy on the bench and then with 5 minutes to go panics at 2-2 and throws on Aaron & Twissy as though they are going to win the game. Sorry, but in my opinion this is Sammy`s level as a manager. He will not get us out of this league and with tatics like yesterday, we will only just survive, gates will never increase which means in the long term wages will not be good enough to attract players, without decent players we remain where we are or worse go down and then gates drop, big circle. It is time to get real and shake it up, we need some bite in there, very quite all over the park yesterday and had they had quick forwards we would of been slaughtered. I agree with others in that I think there are certain playrs who know that they will be in the 11 even after a bad game. They need a reality check and maybe a spell on the bench or with the reserves might just show that nobody is a 100% certain starter

Wilson had to come off with stomach cramp - so wayne had to come on there - who else could have come on? Twissy didnt feel up to playing so he couldnt have come on in that positon or up front. That left Taylor so I suppse Sammy had no option but to try and see what he could do (ie. nothing).

Saying that I think the reason we went 442 yesterday after their goal was because Duffy simply cannot defend and he was certainly at fault for their first when he didnt do his job on that side. I think Wainwright needs to come into that position next week when hes back from Barrow.
Morecambe Jack

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 am

dawzi also has the right to air his views, as do the blinkered lemmings :lol:
mrpotatohead

Next

Return to General Discussion