Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Re: Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 pm

14 games in is a little to late for a kick in the ass. At the current rate we won't even get up to the 40 point mark, which could mean a return to non-league football. It's no good saying we have had a hard run of games as we have to play the same teams again at some point. Taking action too late could cost the club I love dear, it's time for a change at the top.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 pm

ezz wrote:Which players? Who should play instead of them?

It's all well saying they shouldn't have played after the game as well.
In my eyes the responsibility is always joint with the manager and the players, right now the manager is picking the best from what he's got in which I think is a good side the players are performing extremely poorly.
But then there is the argument that it was the manager who bought the players, again I like everyone else was certainly happy with the signings pre-season. They just ain't cutting it with their performances and need a kick up the ar*e

f..king helll u finally get the message
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Obviously you havn't.......
If it's the player who arn't cutting it then a new manager isn't going to change anything, those who argue a new manager will mix things up and rouse the players to play well.....i just don't see it happening.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:04 pm

ezz wrote:Obviously you havn't.......
If it's the player who arn't cutting it then a new manager isn't going to change anything, those who argue a new manager will mix things up and rouse the players to play well.....i just don't see it happening.

Yes, because no new manager has ever come in and turned a side round :roll:
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:30 pm

I fhought Sammy did when he 1st took the job
parkyboy

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:41 pm

A new manager now would see who he wanted to keep and who he did nt in time for the january transfer window, a new manager may have different ideas about tactics etc, and contacts to bring people in, however, sammy has not really been given money to spend, so can the board, if they wanted to, afford to sack him and hi backroom staff anyway, i think not, but one things for certain, the blue square prem is looking a distict possibilty next year.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

Yeah it's also never failed before, nice try with you poor attempts to convince me but you offer no decent argument except for making statements that say the same thing, 'A new manager will solve everything'

Get over it, I dont think the board will be sacking Sammy anytime soon. I dont even think they could afford to
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:56 pm

ezz wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

Yeah it's also never failed before, nice try with you poor attempts to convince me but you offer no decent argument except for making statements that say the same thing, 'A new manager will solve everything'

Get over it, I dont think the board will be sacking Sammy anytime soon. I dont even think they could afford to

Where have I said 'A new manager will solve everything'? I have said;

There would be no 'instantly magical' turnaround with a new manager

Sammy has had long enough this season and still there is no sign of improvement. Times up for him.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:58 pm

the penny still hasn't dropped ive said before on here he doesn't seem to learn from mistakes
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:59 pm

do you think the chairman is going to let us lose our FL status after he has worked so hard to get us where we are?
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:03 pm

It aint in his hands, its in sammys at the moment, next week will be a defining game, a loss or even a draw would be a disaster.
mrpotatohead

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 pm

First of all I personally don't think it's time to push the panic button............... just yet. Sammy has surely done enough during the last 3 seasons to allow him more time to turn things around. However there will come a point where if we don't move away from the danger zone and the all too familiar failings we've seen this season keep being repeated, then it will surely be a distinct possibility that the directors will look elsewhere. I'm sure they're praying it's a course of action they don't have to take but it would be a complete disaster if we fell back into non-league.

Secondly if we do have to have a change at some stage I am firmly in the John Coleman camp. A Morecambe legend who has more than served his managerial apprenticeship. I've never yet seen a poor Accy performance against us and I've seen more than one where they've played us off the park.

I just hope to God that Sammy can sort it out and none of this is neccessary!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Moose » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

Best reply I have read all evening.
Moose

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:19 pm

Burnley Shrimp one more game and we are a third of the way through the season do you not cosider that long enough to get more than one win
parkyboy

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:29 pm

IT'S 3 GAMES FFS !!!

crooky said in august
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 pm

crooky today

marky wrote:
For me, he's got one more game. Draw or lose against Lincoln and he has to go. It's as simple as that.

Fair enough, but I think everyones had enough already lol
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:First of all I personally don't think it's time to push the panic button............... just yet. Sammy has surely done enough during the last 3 seasons to allow him more time to turn things around. However there will come a point where if we don't move away from the danger zone and the all too familiar failings we've seen this season keep being repeated, then it will surely be a distinct possibility that the directors will look elsewhere. I'm sure they're praying it's a course of action they don't have to take but it would be a complete disaster if we fell back into non-league.

Secondly if we do have to have a change at some stage I am firmly in the John Coleman camp. A Morecambe legend who has more than served his managerial apprenticeship. I've never yet seen a poor Accy performance against us and I've seen more than one where they've played us off the park.

I just hope to God that Sammy can sort it out and none of this is neccessary!!

Why?
For things to change then there has to be a dramatic turnaround....... :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:35 pm

So according to Mr Potatoehead we r playing 51 league games this season
parkyboy

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:38 pm

I was auuding to crookys shift in view, there is no e in the middle of potatohead btw
mrpotatohead

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 pm

E sorry i never noticed
parkyboy

Postby eggchaser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Hope Powell for MFC ;) :D
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:58 pm

I think the board are more than prepared to give Sammy a lot more time than one more game.

IMO the excuses are a little tired now and results are vital.

The manager and team just don't seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet and that shows on the pitch with players who are fit and able to fill a role are being left out while unfit players are being played and others out of position in farcical formations.

Sammy is not the only one to blame, but as the man in charge he needs to take responsability along with the board and stop the excuses. To come up with things like, Bentley turned up later than usual and didn't get his full preparation in just doesn't stick with me and along with all the excuses that are offered I feel like the club are treating us like numties! I've followed this club for many years, my dad for longer and we'd like a little more respect when tough, but more than relevant questions over the managers tenability are brought up.

It may be hard and frustrating times for board members, weighing up the clubs best interests moving forward with a new stadium just around the corner and the importance of staying in this league for the opening of that stadium, against the loyalty to a manager that has lead us out of the conference. I just hope that the confidence and loyalty that the board are showing Sammy doesn't blow up in their faces because it will be the supporters who will ultimately pay the price, seeing their club relegated out of the league.
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:24 pm

which unfit player(s) was being played out of position?
Morecambe Jack

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:which unfit player(s) was being played out of position?

have edited my post as I missed one word out.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:53 pm

at the end of the day the board as to make a decision they can stick with Sammy and hope that is the next 2/3 games results improve or they can bring someone else in I don't think the board would sack him unless they are confident of getting who they want
heysham_mfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion