Too many instructions from the bench

Too many instructions from the bench

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Anybody who watches the games in the vicinity of the bench will no doubt have noticed the countless instructions coming from our bench during a game. Today at one point SM was having a right go at the back 3/5 whilst straight after Mark was shouting well done to the same players.

I've noticed that other managers let the players get on with their game.

Is it possible that our lads are confused with all the differing instructions?

With FA Cup due in a fortnight, i recall JH rumoured to be nearly sacked if the result went against the team....... :?: :?: :?: :?:

A poor performance and things have to change!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Too many instructions from the bench

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:06 pm

FFSW if our management can't agree what chance do we have!
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:21 pm

back to basics 4 4 2 every player knows that system like 2nd nature, id like to see us play with more self-belief and go man for man with a 4 4 2 we should be better than this silly 352/532 system now with the squad we have
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Our players are professional footballers - if they can't process instructions from the bench, they're in the wrong game.

It is worrying the amount of space opposition defenders get in our penalty area, especially from crosses. It seems like Adams especially gets pulled out of the centre of defence to cover for Wilson's bombs down the wing.
campdave

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:41 pm

campdave wrote:Our players are professional footballers - if they can't process instructions from the bench, they're in the wrong game.

It is worrying the amount of space opposition defenders get in our penalty area, especially from crosses. It seems like Adams especially gets pulled out of the centre of defence to cover for Wilson's bombs down the wing.

Adams was playing left back today.
james456

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:43 pm

james456 wrote:
campdave wrote:Our players are professional footballers - if they can't process instructions from the bench, they're in the wrong game.

Adams was playing left back today.

I agree, I think we started 5-3-2 but then we switched to 4-4-2 after their goal.
Duffman

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:47 pm

james456 wrote:Adams was playing left back today.

Perhaps today, but lots of our goals conceded this season have come from crosses, and I think part of the reason is centre backs being pulled out of position to cover for Wilson/Duffy/Hunter playing further up the pitch than perhaps Yates did last season.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:50 pm

campdave wrote:

Perhaps today, but lots of our goals conceded this season have come from crosses, and I think part of the reason is centre backs being pulled out of position to cover for Wilson/Duffy/Hunter playing further up the pitch than perhaps Yates did last season.

...also our centre backs are not the most mobile. Jimbo was all at sea today which is not like him. But he was up against a real power house who dictated rather than be dictated to.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:55 pm

one or two people coming on now with critisism of players or management who shot people like the stowford press down in flames at the begining of the season, thats why i revived his sam the sham thread :roll: :roll:

Anyone reading it now might see it a bit differently :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:01 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:one or two people coming on now with critisism of players or management who shot people like the stowford press down in flames at the begining of the season, thats why i revived his sam the sham thread :roll: :roll:

Anyone reading it now might see it a bit differently :!:

I see a distinct difference though - Burton and the second half of Rochdale aside though, we hvaen't been terrible. The recent run of lots of draws saw us play decent football, and suggested(to me at least) we weren't far off moving up the table.

Today was an abomination - however, I'm still not panicking. Performances against other sides hopefully suggest today was a blip rather than what we need to expect. However, many more performances like today, and I really will be concerned.
campdave

Postby marky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:07 pm

I said just a few short weeks ago the if you don't win games when you're playing well then as soon as you don't, you're in for a rough ride. I stand by that comment. No point playing well if all you're gonna do is draw every game.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:13 pm

marky wrote:I stand by that comment.

I stand by my stance that the results we got in those matches were acceptable given the opposition's position in the table, and the performances were decent.

Today's match was never going to be a walkover, as Northampton are somewhat rejuvenated under their new manager, but the level of performance was possibly the worst I've seen at Christie since Northwich spanked us in the FA Cup a few seasons ago.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:41 pm

campdave wrote:
marky wrote:I stand by that comment.

I stand by my stance that the results we got in those matches were acceptable given the opposition's position in the table, and the performances were decent.

Today's match was never going to be a walkover, as Northampton are somewhat rejuvenated under their new manager, but the level of performance was possibly the worst I've seen at Christie since Northwich spanked us in the FA Cup a few seasons ago.

.....and wasn't that the match that ultimately saw the demise of our former manager?

History has a perculiar habit of repeating itself.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:50 pm

campdave wrote

Northampton are somewhat rejuvenated under their new manager

HMMMMM, REJUVENATED, NEW MANAGER :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:51 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:campdave wrote

Northampton are somewhat rejuvenated under their new manager

HMMMMM, REJUVENATED, NEW MANAGER :?: :?:

Yes!!! I was waiting for that :o
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Bentley and Artell were made to look like prats by a 17 stone lumbering centre forward that took more time to turn than the QE2
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:14 pm

campdave wrote:

like i said on another simmilar thread
it's a crazy system/tactics of packing the midfield with the idea of stopping teams playing through us

opposition teams are wise to this now there getting behind our wing-backs and around the 3 center-backs

a flat back 4 please!
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:40 am

alwaysright wrote:Bentley and Artell were made to look like prats by a 17 stone lumbering centre forward that took more time to turn than the QE2

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Thats a cracker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But TRUE :o :o :o
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 am

parceldave wrote:
alwaysright wrote:Bentley and Artell were made to look like prats by a 17 stone lumbering centre forward that took more time to turn than the QE2

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Thats a cracker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But TRUE :o :o :o

to be honest by that time with that goal, the players where shell-shocked after losing the lead already being low on confidence
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 am

.....it's finally clicked as to why we lost.....we should have put DA onto their guy. They would have matched each other...pound for pound! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternatively they could have signed me up for the day....then there would have been ?? v 17.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 am

Christies Child wrote:Today at one point SM was having a right go at the back

Yes he was! Through all his frustrations over the years I have never seen him purposefully reply to the "requests" from the Main Stand :o

And in that instance I must ask the question why is a player on the bench if he is "not fit"

OOps sorry, usually read everything before I post :oops:

"Parrish, Twiss and Adams involved in a car accident coming to the game. Didn't arrive until gone 2pm. Parrish badly shaken so unable to take his place on the bench. Twiss stifened up during the game, therefore unable to come on when asked, after saying he was ok to take his place on the bench, Danny very similar although he got through the game.

Laurence Wilson taken off suffering from stomach cramps.

Not posted to give excuses just some facts so others can comment clearer on Sammy's substitutions."
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:19 pm

DawZi wrote:back to basics 4 4 2 every player knows that system like 2nd nature, id like to see us play with more self-belief and go man for man with a 4 4 2 we should be better than this silly 352/532 system now with the squad we have

The reason we play 3-5-2 is to accomodate certain players who havn't got the pace to play in a back 4 and if you look at my team selection yesterday you will see that some have been replaced by those who have . Mossy was dropped cos he couldn't play in that wing back role but has never been given another chance , like someone else who played well at left back and even better at centre half . But soon as the favourites are fit or free from suspension they're back in the team regardless of performances. ;) . I agree with you , 4-4-2 would be better, but thats just our opinion. ;)
parceldave

Postby Sharpy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:00 pm

get blackburn and kempson back!!! by far the best center backs to have played for the club in recent years! artell and jimbo just arent up to standard now...
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Apart from one obvious exception Addams could have been a mini me of there centre forward, i was waiting for them 2 to have a coming together it would have been entertaining
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:06 pm

alwaysright wrote:Apart from one obvious exception Addams could have been a mini me of there centre forward, i was waiting for them 2 to have a coming together it would have been entertaining

dont say anything about the obvious with Adams on here it's blasphemy, you will just be labeled a wanker and a bully
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion