Question Time

Question Time

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Well someone had to... MarkS will slap me for being the someone though!

If you missed it, here is the edited highlights :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAvkFS_cgk :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Question Time

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:09 pm

:o :lol: this post without a doubt is gunna get locked :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby CASS » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Pheww I nearly posted regarding this ..But I had run out of malt extract...anyone remember "Virol".
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm

I actually think the best bit of the show was when Jack Straw was asked was the recent success of the BNP due to the failure of the Governments Imigration policy. He made a right mess of his answer trying to avoid the point and was trying to wriggle out of it just as bad as Griffin had been earlier with some of his questions.

The conservative women then summed it up perfectly saying yes they had and it was up to the top parties to get their act together and start delivering then people wont bother with the BNP and any of the smaller parties. Straw took a bit of a bashing from the panel on it and they were basically doing NG job for him attacking the immigration policy.

All these politicans can sit there having a pop at the BNP and anyother party but if they did their job right in the first place they wouldn't need to worry about them. If they spent more time concentrating on the things that matter and proving they can deliver the goods instead of getting upset by small fringe parties who in reality aren't really going to cause them to many problems then we might get somewhere. If they put as much effort into running the country as they do slagging each other we might see some action.

The main parties actually seem really scared/worried about these fringe parties and for the life of me I can't see why.

Ironically I actually thought it looked like Griffin and the Black women next to him were getting on well they seemed to have some banter going and even having the odd chat together when the others were speaking.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby matty » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Post subject: Re: Question Time

this post without a doubt is gunna get locked

I'm thinking off running a book on which mod finally does lock this thread when it comes to its inevitable end!
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 pm

matty wrote:

I'm thinking off running a book on which mod finally does lock this thread when it comes to its inevitable end!

:lol: probably keith (the teaser) :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby Lic » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Didn't watch it as wouldn't normally watch the programme, but wish people would realise that the BNP are also homophobic as well as racist, and that whilst they are quick to complain that they aren't given a fair deal, they are anti-freedom generally. Still haven't worked out their logic in referring to the indigenous British people as those here before the Norman Conquest - even archaeologists don't know who was here before the Celts, who were here before the Romans who introduced people from across their world, including Africa and the Middle East. :lol:
Lic

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:19 pm

matty wrote:

The smart money would be on me to be fair. Usually me who finally locks this type of thread.

Be careful chaps. Thin line to tread, this one. :|
Mark S

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 pm

comon mark,let it run for a while,i need a laugh ;) ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

I didn't watch it.
No need to really.
I think the same way (on this subject) as P/T Indie.
The main parties are shit.
The country is in meltdown
The Tories will win next year.
They'll inherit shit, cos Labour have already ensured that.
The Tories will get blamed for it.
Mud is flung..... and flung.....and flung
The cycle continues.
There's an hole in my bucket....
Plain Peter

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm

why did 8 million people watch it

3 times more for Question Time :?: :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Nice one Keith, well funny :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Number 1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm

BTW if you missed it, it's repeated at 6pm on Sunday on BBC Parliament.
Number 1

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:11 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Nice one Keith, well funny :lol:

Well that will teach me. :oops:

That was funny!

Keith you owe me a new keyboard. This one is now full of beer and saliva! :lol:

I watched it last night and that is just about how I remember it.
Mark S

Postby Suzi Quatro » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 am

Chris Huhne came across well and made a balanced argument after every question.
What is worrying is that the programme have invited disgraced former Home Secretary Jacqui
Smith on next, she is certain to receive a more frosty reception than Nasty Nick.
Suzi Quatro

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:10 am

I doubt that very much,
Mark S

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:27 am

I bet when Jaqui Smith is on next week they don't fill the crowd with Tories and then just hammer her for everything she has ever said and done for an hour.

The show just became like a This is your life of Nick Griffin dragging up the past everyone knows what he has said and done in the past so why spend an hour going on about it.
It was a bit frustrating Question time is a programme about political debate so if your going to have him on then keep the programme to the same format and let them debate about the current issues and what the BNP policies are and shoot his policies down don't just turn it into the Nick Griffin show. I would have liked to have seen him say what his policies on europe, NHS etc and then see what the others come back with and attack the party and their policies not just a personal attack on the leader.

P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:53 am

Interesting that one of the biggest critics of the BBC for inviting Nick Griffin onto "Question Time" is Ken Livingstone.

The very same Ken Livingstone who used to entertain IRA terrorists at the very same time they were blowing up and murdering British troops and civilians. He was also censured for making anti-semetic remarks during his time as Mayor of London.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 am

Didn't Jack Straw get into troube a while back about making comments about a muslim teacher?

P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:19 am

P/T Indie wrote:I actually think the best bit of the show was when Jack Straw was asked was the recent success of the BNP due to the failure of the Governments Imigration policy. He made a right mess of his answer trying to avoid the point and was trying to wriggle out of it just as bad as Griffin had been earlier with some of his questions.

The conservative women then summed it up perfectly saying yes they had and it was up to the top parties to get their act together and start delivering then people wont bother with the BNP and any of the smaller parties. Straw took a bit of a bashing from the panel on it and they were basically doing NG job for him attacking the immigration policy.

All these politicans can sit there having a pop at the BNP and anyother party but if they did their job right in the first place they wouldn't need to worry about them. If they spent more time concentrating on the things that matter and proving they can deliver the goods instead of getting upset by small fringe parties who in reality aren't really going to cause them to many problems then we might get somewhere. If they put as much effort into running the country as they do slagging each other we might see some action.

The main parties actually seem really scared/worried about these fringe parties and for the life of me I can't see why.

Ironically I actually thought it looked like Griffin and the Black women next to him were getting on well they seemed to have some banter going and even having the odd chat together when the others were speaking.

my sentiments exactly over 1million people voted for the BNP in this country, id say as many as 80% of them are genuine decent normal everyday "none racist" people who voted for them out of frustration to put pressure on the government to act on immigration and grab the bull by the horns
George Dawes

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:31 am

Decent, non racist and BNP in the same sentance, I'm confused
VERY
Arnside Red

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:40 am

my sentiments exactly over 1million people voted for the BNP in this country, id say as many as 80% of them are genuine decent normal everyday "none racist" people who voted for them out of frustration to put pressure on the government to act on immigration and grab the bull by the horns[/quote]

But sadly the government still don't seem to get the message. As Jack Straw pointed out when they said their immigration policy hadn't failed.

P/T Indie

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:15 pm

P/T Indie wrote:my sentiments exactly over 1million people voted for the BNP in this country, id say as many as 80% of them are genuine decent normal everyday "none racist" people who voted for them out of frustration to put pressure on the government to act on immigration and grab the bull by the horns

But sadly the government still don't seem to get the message. As Jack Straw pointed out when they said their immigration policy hadn't failed.

How Jack Straw can take the high ground with anyone is beyond me! This is the man who allows, through the running of private prisons, people to make money from murderers, rapists and other such convicted criminals. The man makes me feel sick by allowing shareholders to make money from crime. At least people can see what the BNP stand for, whilst slime like Jack Straw are doing far worse things than spouting a few headline grabbing words.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Return to General Discussion