Decent result

Re: Decent result

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:44 pm

shrimper wrote:So........ do you think we shouldn't have got him? Or should he now be dropped to make way for.... who? Twissy?

Not arguing, just wondering what you think. You're criticising Mullin - what's your alternative within the squad? Or do you think we should have got someone else?

Its easy to say we should have got someone else Glen but we probably had no one else at the time to go for. I was just making the point that from the games i have seen and i think you were there too ,that he has missed some really good chances . Dont know about dropping him but i would like to see Twissy given a bit more time on the pitch and maybe Wayno. I just wish all the forwards in genral would have a shot from outside the box with some venom behind it . Did you read the Aldershot reporters comments when he descibed our shots on goal as Powderpuff :roll:
parceldave

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:50 pm

parceldave wrote:
shrimper wrote:So........ do you think we shouldn't have got him? Or should he now be dropped to make way for.... who? Twissy?

Not arguing, just wondering what you think. You're criticising Mullin - what's your alternative within the squad? Or do you think we should have got someone else?

Its easy to say we should have got someone else Glen but we probably had no one else at the time to go for. I was just making the point that from the games i have seen and i think you were there too ,that he has missed some really good chances . Dont know about dropping him but i would like to see Twissy given a bit more time on the pitch and maybe Wayno. I just wish all the forwards in genral would have a shot from outside the box with some venom behind it . Did you read the Aldershot reporters comments when he descibed our shots on goal as Powderpuff :roll:

Twiss should be given more time on the pitch I am more of a Twissy fan than a Mullin fan but whenever I have seen him this season he has played well also I am lead to belive he had a blinder for the reserves the other week
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 am

Twiss should be given a good 30mins for any of these three

Jevons(wont shoot on sight)
Craney(fades away late on)
Mullin(one dimensional)

in my humble opinion
George Dawes

Postby Red Army » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:45 am

Dawzi you talk bollocks - jevons as scoring record in is career of a goal every two or three games and mullin is quality for league two level
Red Army

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:00 am

parceldave wrote:

I wasn't arguing, as I said, I was interested to hear what your general views were on the whole Mullin thing.

I've seen the games you have and can't disagree with what you say about his misses.

All I'd say in response is that Twissy has missed as many, as has Jevons.

But I think Mullin offers a lot more in his game than just scoring (and he has contributed goals).

He doesn't lose many in the air, he's strong, works hard, keeps possession well and brings others into the game.

I think signing him was a very good move.

I also think Twissy could be brought on a bit sooner in some games but I wouldn't bring him on for Mullin.

I think he's more a replacement for Jevons, or if the need arises, bring him on for Danny Adams and slip Wilson to orthodox left back with Twissy attacking from that flank.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby halfwayliner » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Paul Mullen has been a good signing for Morecambe.When he and Jevons get to know each others play they will become a force to be reckond with. I would like to see Jevons be a bit stronger and stay on his feet, then he will then become the rated striker who we know can do the business. Injuries have not helped, because i think with these players Curtis has a lot to offer this season.
halfwayliner

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm

shrimper wrote:
parceldave wrote:

I wasn't arguing, as I said, I was interested to hear what your general views were on the whole Mullin thing.

I've seen the games you have and can't disagree with what you say about his misses.

All I'd say in response is that Twissy has missed as many, as has Jevons.

But I think Mullin offers a lot more in his game than just scoring (and he has contributed goals).

He doesn't lose many in the air, he's strong, works hard, keeps possession well and brings others into the game.

I think signing him was a very good move.

I also think Twissy could be brought on a bit sooner in some games but I wouldn't bring him on for Mullin.

I think he's more a replacement for Jevons, or if the need arises, bring him on for Danny Adams and slip Wilson to orthodox left back with Twissy attacking from that flank.

Me not arguing either Glen , sorry if it came across like that and i agree with the points you make about Mullin. Just so frustrating when we have seen all those chances go begging and leaving us in a false position in the league. Lets hope things change , starting on Saturday. ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:36 am

Red Army wrote:Dawzi you talk bollocks - jevons as scoring record in is career of a goal every two or three games and mullin is quality for league two level

stuff you, that's what i see when they play for Morecambe. cheeky twat
George Dawes

Postby NeilG » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:54 am

DawZi wrote:
Red Army wrote:Dawzi you talk bollocks - jevons as scoring record in is career of a goal every two or three games and mullin is quality for league two level

Think someone needs to go back to bed and get out the other side :lol:
NeilG

Postby alwaysright » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:24 am

oooooooooooooh bitch fight
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:53 pm

NeilG wrote:
DawZi wrote:

Think someone needs to go back to bed and get out the other side :lol:

dawzi.....thats not like you :o

ure usually quite laid back

he must of got under yr skin eh.............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:16 pm

i am :D it's just when am working nights i can get ratty and argumentative

but i don't regret saying the above, people are entitled to football opinions on a football discussion board ;)
George Dawes

Previous

Return to General Discussion