Gareth Southgate

Gareth Southgate

Postby Red Army » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:49 am

Sacked last night after 2 - 0 win and only point off top of championship - football as gone totally crazy
Red Army

Re: Gareth Southgate

Postby George Dawes » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:20 am

thats mental, i thought he was buliding a good young team there :?
George Dawes

Postby marky » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:45 am

I think some of their heavy home defeats contributed to the decision. Despite being where there are in the league, they've not been playing well.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Dazzer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:50 am

That would suggest to me that there has been some sort of fall out behind the scenes.
Dazzer

Postby eggchaser » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:01 am

SSN are saying this morning he was sacked for the low attendances at the riverside, against derby they had the smallest ever crowd of just over 17,000... if this is the case then surely they should be sacking the commercial department and not the manager?
the worlds gone mad :!: :!: :!:
always liked Gareth Southgate he was one of the only managers not to hide behind excuses and said it like it was, another young english manager out of the job.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:30 am

Probably more to it than meets the eye. Gibson doesn't usually go sacking people.
durhamshrimp

Postby NeilG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:Probably more to it than meets the eye. Gibson doesn't usually go sacking people.

Not until reduced gates affect his revenue streams, then I would guess he's as ruthless as any other money man when those are under threat. Someone will snap Southgate up, excellent young manager with loads of integrity, Boro's loss in my opinion.
NeilG

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:13 pm

eggchaser wrote:SSN are saying this morning he was sacked for the low attendances at the riverside, against derby they had the smallest ever crowd of just over 17,000... if this is the case then surely they should be sacking the commercial department and not the manager?
the worlds gone mad :!: :!: :!:
always liked Gareth Southgate he was one of the only managers not to hide behind excuses and said it like it was, another young english manager out of the job.

no they didn't say he was sacked because of low attendancesthey were just making the point that they have not had many sell out crowds in the last few years even for the big games. Middlesboroughs chairman has said today that he was sacked because of poor performances and that the table is not a true reflection of the performances. Wonder how many of us would rather we played crap and got wins than play some good football and be near the bottom
heysham_mfc

Postby eggchaser » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Wonder how many of us would rather we played crap and got wins than play some good football and be near the bottom

Lke Man utd do year in, year out!
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 pm

eggchaser wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Wonder how many of us would rather we played crap and got wins than play some good football and be near the bottom

Lke Man utd do year in, year out!

if only they could play Burnley away every week :D
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 pm

I would be happy if we had burnleys home record :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am

Usually when a manager at boro is not up to the job, gibson doesnt sack him, he employs a former england boss to give him a hand :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion