the architects fc!!

the architects fc!!

Postby olly » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:53 am

entertainment?? just to win a game would be entertainment..i must admit i do like sammy however im bored of his feckle excuses for the teams preformance on every match, maybe next week he can use "hey look what we could have won!" as a shrimper i do expect better results for the money that gets paid into that team every week but for new supporters who have just started to watch morecambe coming to the match for the same old same old result can't be good,sammy has been saying "we need to do better" for far to long now and people will vote with there feet and not come to the games...why..i cant say the football we are playing is boring but very very predictable...maybe we should change our name from morecambe fc to the "the architects fc" due to the fact we are so good at drawing.
olly

Re: the architects fc!!

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:29 am

olly wrote:entertainment?? just to win a game would be entertainment..i must admit i do like sammy however im bored of his feckle excuses for the teams preformance on every match, maybe next week he can use "hey look what we could have won!" as a shrimper i do expect better results for the money that gets paid into that team every week but for new supporters who have just started to watch morecambe coming to the match for the same old same old result can't be good,sammy has been saying "we need to do better" for far to long now and people will vote with there feet and not come to the games...why..i cant say the football we are playing is boring but very very predictable...maybe we should change our name from morecambe fc to the "the architects fc" due to the fact we are so good at drawing.

You say 'predictable' but couldn't that be said of nearly every team who have a style of play that they become synonymous with?

Man U and Chelsea are known for their attacking styles. Arsenal for being more cultured and Liverpool for being exponents of the 'self destruct' button.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:23 pm

olly wrote:entertainment?? just to win a game would be entertainment..i must admit i do like sammy however im bored of his feckle excuses for the teams preformance on every match, maybe next week he can use "hey look what we could have won!" as a shrimper i do expect better results for the money that gets paid into that team every week but for new supporters who have just started to watch morecambe coming to the match for the same old same old result can't be good,sammy has been saying "we need to do better" for far to long now and people will vote with there feet and not come to the games...why..i cant say the football we are playing is boring but very very predictable...maybe we should change our name from morecambe fc to the "the architects fc" due to the fact we are so good at drawing.

Wind up Merchant??? You a Dolly Blue??
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Olly or your alter ego 'Allways Shite', (noticed that you use the same thicko spelling mistake when posting under both names i.e. 'There' instead of their ,as in personal to someone.

If you can't make a decent go of trolling then try some other activity to brighten up your sad life.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:41 pm

:lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby wonder shrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:56 pm

i've just text the 'architects fc' thing to an architect friend who happens to be a grimsby fan, his reponse was that he'd swap our draws for some of their losses! :lol:
wonder shrimp

Postby olly » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey Burnley Shrimp thanks for the spill check and the ego bit is called "having an opinion" you just don’t get it? it is not good enough,i don’t know about you but I and many other supporters week after week home and away pay very hard earned money on the hope of seeing alittle success, are we not allowed to feel disappointed/ frustrated with the team’s performance at the moment or like you shall we stick our heads in the sand and think all is well, try having a look at the table it does not lie.
olly

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 am

I have an opinion mate (based on watching my team for the last 42 years). My opinion is mainly based on the dark days of the late 70's and early 80's when the club was on it's knees and nearly ceased to exist.Then there would really have been reason to winge! Compared to that the current times are tremendous. Steady progress for the last 15 to 20 years, the club playing at the highest level it's ever been at, a very competent squad and management team, a new stadium being built (fully paid for and which we will own), a fantastic board of directors (fans of the club to a man), who will continue to chart that steady path of progress without pushing the club into financial oblivion.

What are you basing your opinion on? Two months of a new season basically! If you are a Morecambe fan (which I very much doub't), then get real. If you are a pathetic attempt at a troll, here only to try and stir up discontent, (which as previously stated I feel you are; under your various names) then get a life and go and winge on your own clubs forum whoever that may be.

Opinion over!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:02 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:the dark days of the late 70's and early 80's when the club was on it's knees and nearly ceased to exist

Imagine if shrimpsvoices had been around then???!!! :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, with only 250 fans at most games, we'd probably only have six of us reading the forum!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:42 pm

olly wrote:as a shrimper i do expect better results

Southend are 10th in League 1 with 4 wins and 17 points, so you should'nt be too disappointed
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby olly » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:37 am

well Burnley Shrimp tell me your opinion now,or maybe a spilling test or history lesson.. not!! living in the passed dont get you no where,but staying in the fl2 means lots,some times really looking at yourself paints a picture you dont like however there is a point where hard mfc supporters will say enough is enough .come so far just to say "hey look where we have come from and lets settlle for this" we are better than this and having the lets hang in there is not good enough,years ago i paid pence to go to a game now me and my family pay hard earned pounds for ?????? .even a mid table would be great but over the years me and my family feel let down for all the money we have paid into the club......can't wait for ya spell check and history lessons ............what next???? opinion open....
olly

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:46 pm

olly wrote:well Burnley Shrimp tell me your opinion now,or maybe a spilling test or history lesson.. not!! living in the passed dont get you no where,but staying in the fl2 means lots,some times really looking at yourself paints a picture you dont like however there is a point where hard mfc supporters will say enough is enough .come so far just to say "hey look where we have come from and lets settlle for this" we are better than this and having the lets hang in there is not good enough,years ago i paid pence to go to a game now me and my family pay hard earned pounds for ?????? .even a mid table would be great but over the years me and my family feel let down for all the money we have paid into the club......can't wait for ya spell check and history lessons ............what next???? opinion open....

you pay no more than the rest of us
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:18 pm

olly wrote:well Burnley Shrimp tell me your opinion now,or maybe a spilling test or history lesson.. not!! living in the passed dont get you no where,but staying in the fl2 means lots,some times really looking at yourself paints a picture you dont like however there is a point where hard mfc supporters will say enough is enough .come so far just to say "hey look where we have come from and lets settlle for this" we are better than this and having the lets hang in there is not good enough,years ago i paid pence to go to a game now me and my family pay hard earned pounds for ?????? .even a mid table would be great but over the years me and my family feel let down for all the money we have paid into the club......can't wait for ya spell check and history lessons ............what next???? opinion open....

What next? Maybe a couple of Grammar lessons before the History lesson followed by some form of sedative to calm your excitable persona a little.

No club ever had a right to permanent success and if you think they have then you are sadly deluded. Fortunes in football tend to be cyclical, even the mighty Man United went through a relegation, albeit a good few years ago now. I would suggest that Sammy has on the balance of his tenure done a cracking job and you can't demand his head at the first hint of a problem. Morecambe FC have never been relegated from any level of football and you have to learn to take the good times and the bad with equinimity, otherwise you will very quickly burn out and not be able to face it all anymore.

If you tell yourself that experiencing the bad times makes the rare good times even more pleasureable then you will not go far wrong. Try and look on it as one of lifes' great learning curves and it may assist you to get through it all. ;)
Burnley Shrimp

Return to General Discussion