Morecambe v Northampton

Re: Morecambe v Northampton

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 am

Crooky MFC wrote:All we need is two wins on the trot, that will give us the confidence to go on and push into the top half, we arent going to get relegated, not a chance in hell!

Just thought I'd quote this so you couldn't change or delete it. ;)
morecambe mick

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:31 am

Theres only one way to settle this Keith and Alwaysright.........

To football manager!!!!!!

(which wouldn't surprise me is what alwaysright bases mot of his arguments on)

You must have been promoted on the game making you better than Sammy! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:52 am

alwaysright wrote:So then Keith, if as YOU say this our best squad in years why are we 2 points off a relegation spot, and i cant be bothered looking at the stats right now but after playing the same amount of games last season where we in the same position as we are this ???

Well, I'm not sure that I've ever actually said that this is the best squad, although I think is possibly is. You however DID suggest that other people were 'talking bollocks' when they said that, therefore it is not an unreasonable question to ask you for some evidence as to WHY other people are "talking bollocks" by offering some evidence to back your point of view... unless of course, you were simply trying to insult anyone who holds a different point of view to you?

And because unlike some, I won't just throw out a random comment while avoiding any direct questions...

Quite simply, we aren't winning enough games. Partly through bad luck, partly through poor finishing. Enough chances are being created just not enough final touches. We were very unlucky against Hereford when we drew, we should have been given at least one, if not two penalties away at Rotherham, we conceded a penalty that only the referee knows what for yesterday, we threw games away when we were cruising. We've had a terrible run of injuries to key players, Frazer then Manny in basically the same role. I have said that we need a bit of good luck and that over the season, that balances itself out, although I do believe that sometime you make your own good and bad luck, so I'm hoping that we haven't become entrenched in a psychology of drawing. Are we relegation material? No, I don't think we are. Can we still make the play offs? Possibly but they are getting further and further away. Worried? No, not yet. Managerial changes? Definately not helpful at this point.

There, a nice, full answer to the question you posed. I await your answer.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby durianmuncher » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:10 am

Personally I think we're having yet another great season. In the football league and only having lost a couple of games speaks for itself. Once we start converting the draws to wins (which I am confident we will start doing before long), we'll push on up the table and garner another excellent mid table finish. When we move to the new stadium and hopefully get a few more bums on seats, we can then push on even further. Well done once again to Sammy and the team for keeping our heads above the water and holding our own in the football league.
Some of those that are complaining should have been around in the late seventies and early eighties to have seen us seriously struggling to stay in the NPL and being watched by 300 if were lucky.
durianmuncher

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 am

I am 1 of those people that was around in the late 70s and early 80s that followed the team through some dark times, and i will be around for many years to come hopefully watching the club remain and hopefully push on in the football league
alwaysright

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 am

Keith if as you suggest that this current crop of players that we have is the best we have had, well then i will bow to your better judgement, but come on if there that good why are we unable to win more than 1 game out of 12 league games so far ????????
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:14 pm

You are still yet to answer Keith's question, why are we talking bollocks if we think this is our bet squad ever??
Before the season started I thought this was our best squad, now because they are under-performing should I change my opinion, the answer is no if I thought they were our best crop of players before the season then i still think they are now. Even if we have improved other teams may have improved more, as Kieth sad bad luck and poor finishing have stopped us being mid table at least.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:39 pm

I think allwayshite isn't denying that this is the best squad of players we've had for a while (definitely in the football league, and possibly in the last 15 or so years I've watched the shrimps for). It's a predictable attack on Sammy and Mark who he probably believes needs to be managing the resources at their disposal, better. Not much you can say about that so long as there is no hidden agenda regarding his personal preference regarding the management personnel, it is his one-eyed opinion. It stacks up if you look at the table alone.

But if you have seen our performances (minus Burton away) surely you'd say that we have played much better than last season? Pleasing on the eye, dare I say it entertaining to watch? A complete transformation to last season, where we were solid, hard to break down and quite defensive even at home. We have put in good performances, but missed too many chances and on occasions lacked the nous to close out games that we have been dominating. Still, I don't believe it is possible to continue the level of performance we have displayed in the opening games, and not start to pick up the wins that we deserve. I think the team has shown enough potential for the supporters to remain confident and give them backing.

I love it when people who have no come back get the 'rose-tinted' comment out. It's usually the people who don't follow any logic and or those accustomed to the "my dad is bigger than your dad" debate that can't understand how anybody could possibly have a different opinion to themselves.

I'm not even going to entertain the idea that Sammy needs to go, the most ridiculous idea that I have heard yet it appears to be festering around. I wonder how many games these people get to? Not even worth the time to respond to. Wake up people.
RedRedWine1

Postby james456 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Methinks if we win the next game v Northampton, everyone will be happy once more*

*Apart from the minority who are never happy.
james456

Postby marky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I'm not even going to entertain the idea that Sammy needs to go, the most ridiculous idea that I have heard yet it appears to be festering around. I wonder how many games these people get to? Not even worth the time to respond to. Wake up people.

I know of people (actually, quite a lot of people) who go to at least every home game who've believed Sammy should go for a lot longer than I have, just to blow that little theory out the water.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Lets get 1 thing straight, i have not been calling for the managers head, yet !!! what im saying is where is the evidence that this is our best ever squad, we are 2 points off a relegation spot with this best ever squad , so your arguments dont add up with our league position
alwaysright

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:59 pm

So far this season i have been lucky enough to get to all our home games with a little bit of jiggling my shifts at work, so i think im fully entitled to voice my opinion and just because i air my opinions and not afraid too when things are obviously not going well it doesnt bother me when the RTGB have a go back, i find it very amusing.
alwaysright

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:08 pm

alwaysright wrote:what im saying is where is the evidence that this is our best ever squad, we are 2 points off a relegation spot with this best ever squad , so your arguments dont add up with our league position

Well, for starters, we could have "our best ever squad" and still be bottom of the league if everyone else also has their best ever squad. Not saying that is the case but simply explaining that our best doesn't automatically say it is the League Two best.

Secondly, you're happy to suggest that it ISN'T our best because of where we are in the table but have still not offered an opinion as to which squad was better. I think we have more quality through out the squad than ever before, whether we are down at the bottom or not. It's easy to say we're talking bollocks without actually offing an opinion of your own.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Keith what im trying to get at is that this squad SO FAR this season have not proved that they are not any better than last seasons or the one previous to that going by our league position thus far
alwaysright

Postby NeilG » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:38 pm

alwaysright wrote:Keith what im trying to get at is that this squad SO FAR this season have not proved that they are not any better than last seasons or the one previous to that going by our league position thus far

Keith, you're just banging your head against a wall with this one mucker, anyone who calls himself "alwaysright" clearly has an over exaggerated sense of his own importance and believes whatever he says is final ok ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder if he'll be the 'last word' freak on this thread :D
NeilG

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 pm

WHO, ME, NEVER hahaha
alwaysright

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Early days.
How many losses?
A draw is a draw, and an away draw ain't too far off a win.
Stuffed 4-1 at 'shots last Saturday.
Yesterday, 'shots get stuffed at home to Bury.
It's a marathon.

Keep faith.
Last edited by Plain Peter on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Peter

Postby feelingguilty » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 am

We need to take a grip - as a group of fans we are becoming what we used to hate - "We cant even beat Torquay" - 5 years ago we were the non league team and they were the bigger club than us and that has been true over the last 50 years - we dont like it when other teams claim, they should of beaten Morecambe - so exactly why - do we think we have an automatic right to beat them?

Long trip - good away draw for me.
feelingguilty

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 am

Our squad last season got us to mid-table in our crucial second League season.

Does anyone actually think that the players we've brought in (Panther, Wilson, Mullin, Jevons, Craney) do NOT represent an improvement?

We're not saying the squad has proved by results that they are the best - that can be countered by the statistics.

But IMO - they ARE the best. They ARE playing very well and they HAVEN'T 'clearly' looked second best to any side I've seen them play this season.

That's why I'm not worried.

My ONLY concern is that if we don't get a few wins (which I think we will) then confidence will be knocked and performances may deteriorate. That's when little arguments start and things go pear-shaped.

If we can stick together and keep working as we have been, I can see us going on a very good run and there being no problem.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

marky wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I'm not even going to entertain the idea that Sammy needs to go, the most ridiculous idea that I have heard yet it appears to be festering around. I wonder how many games these people get to? Not even worth the time to respond to. Wake up people.

I know of people (actually, quite a lot of people) who go to at least every home game who've believed Sammy should go for a lot longer than I have, just to blow that little theory out the water.

You know of people?? How many?? Would that be a majority percenage of the supporters?
Or did you catch the fever off them.....negativity spreads negativity ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Does how many really matter? Neither of us can ever possibly claim to speak for the majority of fans.
marky

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:06 pm

yes but your statement suggested a significant amount of fans wanted Sammy out, or why would you post it?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Our best chance of getting a win will be on Home turf and we have two saturdays on the spin to make it count, 4pts will be more than acceptable as it stands, 6pts and were flying but anything less and the best team we have on paper just aren't doing it.
HALMA 1983

Postby marky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:39 pm

ezz wrote:yes but your statement suggested a significant amount of fans wanted Sammy out, or why would you post it?

Because you insinuated in your post that people who were suggesting Sammy should go didn't attend many games and I was refuting that claim.
marky

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 pm

marky wrote:
ezz wrote:yes but your statement suggested a significant amount of fans wanted Sammy out, or why would you post it?

Because you insinuated in your post that people who were suggesting Sammy should go didn't attend many games and I was refuting that claim.

I don't remember saying people who thought Sammy should go don't attend games.
I said they are definately the minority, I may have said somewhere on the forum that people who havn't seen the games (a la away games) shouldn't criticise the performance through stats.

marky wrote:Does how many really matter? Neither of us can ever possibly claim to speak for the majority of fans.

No we can't speak for all of the fans, so why bring it up that others want him out that attend games......'quite a lot' was the quote I believe.....
Get over it ;)
ezz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion