Answers Please, advantages to changing manager???

Answers Please, advantages to changing manager???

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:22 pm

What advantage would it bring? (How is a new manager going to make a group of players he's never worked with play better??)

Will he change the current bad luck we've had? (Does he have magical powers that will steer the ball into the net when previously we have missed? Will he have the Alex ferguson affect where referees give us everything?)

Who could bring in, that we could afford and is who is also a better manager than Sammy that has experience at league 2 level??

Finally, for those supporters who know better than Sammy..... Which players/formation has Sammy been playing thats hasn't been accepted as our best team by the majority??

The only thing that would change if we changed managers now is the fixtures as were starting to play teams in the lower half finally.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Answers Please, advantages to changing manager???

Postby bigreddog » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Simple answer to the question is that there aren't any.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:38 pm

We don't need a new manager - all we need to do is carry on what we are doing and we will be fine. When we get Manny and Barry back and with a few wins under our belt and all this doom and gloom b*llocks behind us we will one of the teams the others in this league will not want to play - home or away.

Some call it rose tinted spectacles, some say it's head in the sand stuff - but I STILL say we will finish in our highest ever league position in our last season at Christie Park

Get off Sammy's back and get behind the team!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby parkyboy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Totally agree no use changing manager. It IS IN THE PLAYERS FEET AND MIND THAT CAN CHANGE THINGS BY TURNING THE CHANCES INTO GOALS ,all i would want Sammy to do as i have said before is make use of his subs earlier , We sare scoring goals but not making the most of our chances ,lets hope next saturday is the siart
parkyboy

Postby marky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Depends on your viewpoint. Nothing is guaranteed. However...

1) I'm starting to believe that there has to be some sort of flaw with training, because I can't think of any other reason why such a good squad is struggling to pick up those all important wins.

2) New managers often bring with them a new philosophy. It would take time, but I would hope that any new person would stop our over-reliance on aging defenders (especially) and address the plainly obvious issue of lack of stamina endemic within our squad.

3) A new manager wouldn't have favourites, certainly with our present squad, and would pick players on merit alone.

4) It has to be said that our side is often inexplicably incapable of putting two good halves together. This could be related to stamina but also to poor team talks.

There are always advantages and disadvantages, but stating that there aren't any advantages is as ridiculous as stating there are no disadvantages. Changing management could be disruptive, it could be counter-productive and it could be risky.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm starting to believe that there has to be some sort of flaw with training, because I can't think of any other reason why such a good squad is struggling to pick up those all important wins.

Answer You answer question one by slagging the ageing defence in question 2[/color]

2) New managers often bring with them a new philosophy. It would take time, but I would hope that any new person would stop our over-reliance on aging defenders (especially) and address the plainly obvious issue of lack of stamina endemic within our squad.

[Answer you dont have time to develop new philosophys mid season at the lower end of the table, or money to pay off the present management team :?:

3) A new manager wouldn't have favourites, certainly with our present squad, and would pick players on merit alone.

Answer proof :?: or is this libel :?: [/color]

4) It has to be said that our side is often inexplicably incapable of putting two good halves together. This could be related to stamina but also to poor team talks.[/color]

Answer. A pile of draws is better than a pile of losses :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:23 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:you dont have time to develop new philosophys mid season at the lower end of the table, or money to pay off the present management team

We're not even close to being at mid season. By new philosophy, I mean new training techniques, different styles of team talk, etc. No new manager would come in, ask the players how everything has been done before and stick to that :lol:

mrpotatohead wrote:proof :?: or is this libel :?:

By all accounts, a certain Andy Parrish did pretty well in his short stint in the starting line up, but as soon as Artell and Adams are available, they go straight back into the side. It's not proof but it is evidence...

mrpotatohead wrote:A pile of draws is better than a pile of losses

Indeed, but if we kept up our current points per game ratio for the rest of the season, we'd be very close to relegation, if not relegated. I'm not saying we will, just that we can't assume (as Sammy fans are) that it suddenly will turn out all right. I'd rather we took action now rather than when it's too late. It's a hell of a lot easier for a new guy to have a real impact now than in March...
marky

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:28 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:
A pile of draws is better than a pile of losses

a pile of 3 defeats and just 2 wins is better than 5 draws
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Thats it settled then :!:

persuade Peter Mcguigan to pay up sammy and marks contracts.

pay off our ageing defenders

buy a top class striker or two

appoint a new manager, and a director of football to tell him what to do,

get promoted to league one.

then ask PM TO REPEAT THE ABOVE PROCESS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby cyranodm » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Managers and their Coaches lose "The Dressing room" it's that simple!!!
cyranodm

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 pm

How many games have Bournemouth lost?
How many games have Shrimps lost?
Not a lot in it, so early days.
League Two and One attendances are the big worry.
Miles behind the Championship.
So is there a conspiracy?
Plain Peter

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:31 pm

And are you saying that has happened here cyran???.....d.whatever :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 am

If it has there was no evidence of it whatsoever on Saturday.

Those players grafted from start to finish and played some really good football. They celebrated together with the management team when they scored and commiserated with each other at the end before walking over to thank the fans for their support.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:42 am

Peter wrote:How many games have Bournemouth lost?
How many games have Shrimps lost?
Not a lot in it, so early days.
League Two and One attendances are the big worry.
Miles behind the Championship.
So is there a conspiracy?

On a positive note regarding attendances The Shrimps average attendance is now higher than both Rochdale and Hereford and we are 17th in attendances table.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am

Yet nobody has properly given any advantages to having a new manager from the questions i've asked.......so why are they calling for Sammy to be sacked? (the minoritiy of the fans i mean)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 pm

I answered your question, Sir. If you choose to ignore it when people provide a direct answer, that's up to you.
marky

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:00 pm

You havn't gave me any benefits.....all you said was different philosophy and different training methods which are not guarenteed to improve results and both could make results worse. I at the moment like our philosophy and work rate that the players are showing, much better than last year.
So what 'definite' benefits are there bringing in a new manager?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Best to keep faith with Sammy and Mark as they have brought stability and the BEST squad ever (on paper) but in fairness League Two looks to be much tougher this season than last and staving off relegation before we move to our new ground might be all that's expected of them in reality.
Could we get anywhere near the Play-offs this season? not bothered one bit as long as we give a good account of ourselves and stay up.
HALMA 1983

Postby cyranodm » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Where have I seen this discussion before??

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/3237/38/
cyranodm

Postby campdave » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:57 pm

cyranodm wrote:Where have I seen this discussion before??

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/3237/38/

Having witness Sammy's tenure of Norn Iron first hand, there simply isn't a comparison between the current Morecambe side and that he took charge of for NI. Easily the worst bunch of players NI have had in recent history.
campdave

Return to General Discussion