Sammy Mac

Sammy Mac

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:49 pm

A topic i hope wont make too much of a big deal on here... but alot of people have opions on this.
I had an interesting debate with a friend today over the phone, screaming at me saying sammy must go! i have my own views on this but just wondering what everybody elses comments are on this subject????

or to make it better so this thread doesnt get blocked within 24 hours with aggressive people shouting their opinion maybe just a "IN" or "OUT" comment to see other morecambe fans opinions

for me i say IN
lancaster_shrimp

Re: Sammy Mac

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 pm

The guys a living legend, keep him in, We've lost 3 games FFS.
Crooky MFC

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 am

And how many have we won out of the last 20 odd games ????????????
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:34 am

We've won one....which is one more than Roy Keane and he's still at Ipswich.
Good squad, but unlucky not completely clicked yet...their board hasn't panicked.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:33 am

It'd be a big mistake to lose Sammy. So many cases in football where fickle people get impatient, the manager goes and it backfires.
durhamshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 am

that's my aguement but results speak for themselves

Morecambe had to settle for a ninth draw in 13 league games

hmmm ....
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:21 am

alwaysright wrote:And how many have we won out of the last 20 odd games ????????????

well the last 20 league games include 7 at the end of last season are :-

Played 20
Won 4
Drawn 11
Lost 5
Points 23

certainly good enough to avoid relegation

Sammy is the best manager we have ever had and I can remember back to Ken Waterhouse.

We are Morecambe not Manchester Utd, who is going to come to manage Morecambe that has a better track record than Sammy?

Some people have said John Coleman. I have serious doubts about whether Coley would leave Accrington at the present time.

My answer is IN.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:42 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
alwaysright wrote:And how many have we won out of the last 20 odd games ????????????

Played 20
Won 4
Drawn 11
Lost 5
Points 23

Sammy is the best manager we have ever had and I can remember back to Ken Waterhouse.

We are Morecambe not Manchester Utd, who is going to come to manage Morecambe that has a better track record than Sammy?Some people have said John Coleman. I have serious doubts about whether Coley would leave Accrington at the present time.

My answer is IN.

As long as we have this 'little Morecambe atitude' then I can't see us progressing any further than making up the numbers in League 2.

I look at what Daggers have achieved and have sometimes to question Sammy's policy of preference for 'experienced' players rather than looking towards the Conference for additions.

As for 'in or out', the jury is still out. We are without doubt having some bad luck, and yet playing some attractive and constructive stuff...going forward. But there may come a time when excuses such as bad luck may run out and the powers that be have to decide whether to continue to have belief in Sammy. The thought of relegation is too difficult to contemplate remembering what is at stake with the move to the new stadium on the horizon?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:22 am

Christies Child wrote:I look at what Daggers have achieved

The Daggers are doing well be have achieved nothing so far. The smaller clubs in and around London are always at an advantage as they can snap-up rejects for their many bigger neighbours or get some decent loan deals in. Morecambe is a more isolated up in north Lancashire and Sammy will always find it much harder to attract players.

I agree though that we need to be bringing through more youth players, but isn't building the new stadium going to help with all that? We just need to keep ticking over in League 2 until we have everything up and running and then see what fruits the academy will bring.

Give Sammy at least until Christmas before we judge. I win against Northampton next week and we will go level with them and up into the comfort of lower mid-table.

Keep the faith!
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:34 am

one on the 2 main reasons that we can't attract players to Morecambe is location which of course no-none can do anything about people don't come to Morecambe unless they intend to do so secondly our faclitities here are not to the standard that some other clubs as the same level can offer this is something that can be changed and will be from next season when we move to Westgate I would hope any future signings would take this into account before turning us down Christie Park is not going to have much work done on it now because it's not going to be there for much longer Sammy has a difficult job in attracting good players to Morecambe but hopwfully when they see the new ground they will be impressed I think we should stick by Sammy our main aim this season is to retain football leauge status when we move hopfully we can achive that goal and still be in league 2 when the first ball is kicked at westgate IN SAMMY WE TRUST!!!
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:01 am

heysham_mfc wrote:one on the 2 main reasons that we can't attract players to Morecambe is location which of course no-none can do anything about people don't come to Morecambe unless they intend to do so secondly our faclitities here are not to the standard that some other clubs as the same level can offer this is something that can be changed and will be from next season when we move to Westgate I would hope any future signings would take this into account before turning us down Christie Park is not going to have much work done on it now because it's not going to be there for much longer Sammy has a difficult job in attracting good players to Morecambe but hopwfully when they see the new ground they will be impressed I think we should stick by Sammy our main aim this season is to retain football leauge status when we move hopfully we can achive that goal and still be in league 2 when the first ball is kicked at westgate IN SAMMY WE TRUST!!!

The use of . every now and then would help!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 am

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Played 20
Won 4
Drawn 11
Lost 5
Points 23

We are Morecambe not Manchester Utd, who is going to come to manage Morecambe that has a better track record than Sammy?Some people have said John Coleman. I have serious doubts about whether Coley would leave Accrington at the present time.

My answer is IN.

As long as we have this 'little Morecambe atitude' then I can't see us progressing any further than making up the numbers in League 2.

I look at what Daggers have achieved and have sometimes to question Sammy's policy of preference for 'experienced' players rather than looking towards the Conference for additions.

As for 'in or out', the jury is still out. We are without doubt having some bad luck, and yet playing some attractive and constructive stuff...going forward. But there may come a time when excuses such as bad luck may run out and the powers that be have to decide whether to continue to have belief in Sammy. The thought of relegation is too difficult to contemplate remembering what is at stake with the move to the new stadium on the horizon?

To be fair to Sammy , Dagenham have an inbuilt advantage in that there are so many clubs of all sizes in and around London and any players John Still is after do not have to re-locate or travel huge distances.
We are competing with Rochdale , Bury etc for players that live in their area!
We have tried the non-league route with mixed success. Carl Baker was good for us. Michael Carr was a wate of money and the jury is still out on Mark Duffy.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 am

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:We are Morecambe not Manchester Utd, who is going to come to manage Morecambe that has a better track record than Sammy?

Okay then everybody, the answer is, if we don't want to just be making up the numbers in League Two, we have to start believing and acting like we are Manchester United :roll: :roll: :roll: :? Shrimper will like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:32 am

In until we see what the next 2 home games bring us. Get at least 4 points and he stays. Get less than that and it's time to let him go. Durham, sacking someone is always a gamble but you don't get anywhere by not taking the odd risk every now and then. Heysham Shrimp, sometimes it's not about track records. One only has to look at a certain Bournemouth manager to see proof of that.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:34 am

Keith wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:We are Morecambe not Manchester Utd, who is going to come to manage Morecambe that has a better track record than Sammy?

Okay then everybody, the answer is, if we don't want to just be making up the numbers in League Two, we have to start believing and acting like we [b]are Manchester United[/b] :roll: :roll: :roll: :? Shrimper will like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

..yes please! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Played 20
Won 4
Drawn 11
Lost 5
Points 23

My answer is IN.

FFS Neil typical arse gravy as usual. If you spoke to any fan that has lived and breathed this club, and you suppose to be one by the way, you would have chewed someones arm off ( don't take that litteraly, salads are available) if they'd offered you league football. Maybe league 2 isn't the hight of our ambitions, but it took us 87 years to get where we are now, what god given right do we have to pressume that it wont be another 87 before we get promoted out of this league? it's the same sort of arrogance that pisses us off when other supporters say they shouldn't be losing to "teams like morecambe", what so we shouldn't be in the same league as teams like Bury, Chesterfield or Port Vale ?

" the jury is still out" are you being serious? the man who in his first full season in charge of the club got us league football, who has led us in two previous league campaigns, who took macclesfield into the league and then got them promoted, Macclesfield for christs sake, no disrespect but a one horse town without the horse and he got them into league one!

History shows us that you change managers in haste and repent at leisure. And even if it didn't show us that, Sammy has earned our respect and our loyalty. The Jury I'm sitting on declares Samuel Baxter McIlroy guilty of being the most successful manager in Morecambe Football Club History. He is sentenced to a lengthy period of adoration from fans who should be a bit more bloody grateful.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:38 pm

History shows us that you change managers in haste and repent at leisure. And even if it didn't show us that, Sammy has earned our respect and our loyalty. The Jury I'm sitting on declares Samuel Baxter McIlroy guilty of being the most successful manager in Morecambe Football Club History. He is sentenced to a lengthy period of adoration from fans who should be a bit more bloody grateful.[/quote]

I wouldn't suggest otherwise. But at what point does that earned 'loyalty and respect' have run its course?

I'm most certainly not suggesting that it's time. Far from it. But there might well come a time when the most diehard of Sammy fans begin to ask questions as by very nature of the profession usually happens.

Sammy will go down in our clubs history and quite rightly so. But as he has said on numerous occassions...'he's responsible for results and therefore the buck stops with him'.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 pm

i wished we'd signed R Howe, am sure his finishing would have converted a lot of these draws into wins

and with the players we have now would have provided better service for him and would have probably got 20+ goals a season

still think we need a out n out striker, Mullin[BIG FELLA] can only realy score with his head
George Dawes

Postby Red Army » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm

:D Is this the same Paul mullin who scored with a shot yesterday and not is head - one of best strikers at this level and glad we have him
Red Army

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Can fans of a team like morecambe, who are funded by a by a board willing to take a finacial hit, year in year out, demand anything :?:

A few people on here need to get real about what we are, what our limits are, and be glad we are in the bloody football league :!: :!:

Its all well and good bleating on about this that and the other, and expecting the board to fund it, and in the next breath whining about letting dossers and students in for jack shit :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:59 pm

DawZi wrote:i wished we'd signed R Howe, am sure his finishing would have converted a lot of these draws into wins

and with the players we have now would have provided better service for him and would have probably got 20+ goals a season

still think we need a out n out striker, Mullin[BIG FELLA] can only realy score with his head

rene Howe, the new jon newby.
campdave

Postby NeilG » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 pm

I wouldn't suggest otherwise. But at what point does that earned 'loyalty and respect' have run its course?

I'm most certainly not suggesting that it's time. Far from it. But there might well come a time when the most diehard of Sammy fans begin to ask questions as by very nature of the profession usually happens.

Sammy will go down in our clubs history and quite rightly so. But as he has said on numerous occassions...'he's responsible for results and therefore the buck stops with him'.

Where I come from "but" statements like these are what's commonly known as shit stirring :lol:

Take another holiday CC ffs :roll:
NeilG

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Many people when i talk to them tell me that "give him time to see what results we can get"... for me that line would be end of season... this is becasue sammy knows his players and they style they play in, he knows which players are flexable in positions if injury etc etc... if a new manager is brought in mid-season he is left with players left over previously with a very short space of time to bring them in...

if he doent do the job for us at the end of the season (not being dramatic but in the position were in questions must be asked) the in the confrence a new manager would be needed.... a new healthy morecambe, new players would be attracted to easily win that division with the new stadium...

however i know alot of people would want him gone by x-mas for their own reasons too. Its tough for the board to do this as they want to treat sammy well because he's done alot for us! Maybe it might be time for change asap, but for me give him this season
lancaster_shrimp

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Sammys time will be up when we start getting beat week in and week out, and we stop playing entertaing football. Can anyone stand up and say theyve seen a crap performance at Christie Park this season. Get rid of Sammy and Mark and we run the risk of the return of Ebbsfleet, Salisbury, Gateshead etc. i know which i prefer.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:16 pm

cragbankshrimp wrote:Sammys time will be up when we start getting beat week in and week out, and we stop playing entertaing football. Can anyone stand up and say theyve seen a crap performance at Christie Park this season. Get rid of Sammy and Mark and we run the risk of the return of Ebbsfleet, Salisbury, Gateshead etc. i know which i prefer.

agree although results have not been the best we have played well and picking up a point here a there will all add up at the end of the season must people went for a mid table finish at the start of the season but this season is all about staying up I think it will be another 2/3 seasons before we can say we have a good enough team to challenge for league 1 and stay there
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion