Morecambe v Northampton

Morecambe v Northampton

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:35 pm

No pressure next Saturday then?

Oh okay, LOADS OF PRESSURE! The games against Northampton & Lincoln really are suddenly massive games for us. Pretty much anything other than six points will lead to the nerves really setting in. Psychologically it must be getting tougher for everyone, including fans (perhaps ESPECIALLY the fans!) Sounds like today was another game that we'll say we should have won but yet again we didn't and but for a fantastic save at the end, we could have lost. Northampton won today against fellow strugglers Lincoln... the second of the teams we need to beat?

Win them both and we can really kick on.
Lose to either and we'll really be in a relegation dog fight.
A couple of draws and then what? A long tough season?

Hopefully we'll perform well again and really hammer someone soon... Northampton hopefully!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe v Northampton

Postby marky » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Anything less than 4 points from those games and the management team should be kindly shown the door.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:07 pm

both very big games if we don't get anything from these then we are in trouble hopefully we can win at least one of them
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Player » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm

There is pressure each game we play
A fantastic display today on another day would have been around 5 2
Their keeper was their motm
Once we convert these chances the run will come
Well done to the travelling faithfultoday all 104
Our motm Laurence Wilson outstanding today again
Morecambe Player

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Get a grip Marky - this is the best Morecambe side I have seen in the last 6 years and to say we should get rid of the manager who won us promotion and got us to 11th in our first 2 seasons in the league because we are struggling to win - leave it out Pal!

Whilst we should be closing out games and by the sounds of it should have won again today, we also playing some good football and lets just think who in this league we couldn't beat?........exactly nobody - this team will come good and we will climb the league - yes its frustrating seeing all these draws but IMHO this team of players managed by this management team will take the club forward into the new stadium and the most succesfull period of the clubs recent history - keep the faith. ;)

By the way who exactly do you want to take over from Sammy?
SkinnyShrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Nicest ground in none league football ?????????????????????????
alwaysright

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:18 pm

alwaysright wrote:Nicest ground in none league football ?????????????????????????

who is that then?
heysham_mfc

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:27 pm

That will be Morecambe FC if they dont get there act together, all this bollocks about the best squad of players we have had, just wait till we play the teams around us etc etc, well we have played a quarter of the league games and were 2 points of a relegation place.
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 pm

alwaysright wrote:That will be Morecambe FC if they dont get there act together, all this bollocks about the best squad of players we have had, just wait till we play the teams around us etc etc, well we have played a quarter of the league games and were 2 points of a relegation place.

totally agree with you,seems to me that a lot of svs seem to be in denial and all will come good

aint seen it yet ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 pm

alwaysright wrote:...all this bollocks about the best squad of players we have had, just wait till we play the teams around us etc etc, well we have played a quarter of the league games and were 2 points of a relegation place.

So if it is bollocks, then which squad of players do you believe were better and why?

shrimpnsave wrote:...seems to me that a lot of svs seem to be in denial and all will come good aint seen it yet ;)

err, isn't that some kind of circular logic? Of course we've not come good yet because if we had, we'd already be good and would therefore not be under pressure... to... err... come good?

I still think we will come good but I think the pressure is mounting.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:53 pm

I think the pressure is mounting

too true it is

facts....hmmmmmmmmmm
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 pm

I think people should get there head out of the sand and realise that were not as good as what certain people think we are, the league table doesnt lie and we are in for a long hard season and the sooner we all realise that the better
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Our heads arn't in the sand, we just dont constantly cry like babies on the forum. I think were fine next couple of games will bring us 3-4 points and dont actually think theres no need to worry. Probability is with us and the amount of chances we're creating lately we can't miss them all...
No need for a management change, it's just a lot of people saw us as a play-off side which was more delusional than those now thinking were still fine.
Sack the manager?? Sack the fans!! :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:24 pm

the only people who have got their heads in the sand are those who think sacking the manager will do any good in fact it could well make things much worse!
heysham_mfc

Postby NeilG » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Here we go again, a hand full of so called supporters having a pop, I agree with the guy who said this is our best team/squad ever. It's just a matter of time, nobody got relegated in October so just leave the management and players to sort out what they surely know they should be doing already. Being critical of individuals is just counter productive and does nothing for moral, we're in this together and supporters have a huge responsibility to stay positive, so come on guys show us some of the grit and determination you expect from your players.
NeilG

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 pm

I cant see any point in sacking him just yet, but he picks the team there his signings they play to his tactics, i know we have a couple of injuries but surely we have the players to come in and do a job, and if as some people on here say this is the best squad we have had in eons surely we should be able to keep hold onto a 3 goal lead, go in front in other games and cant hold on for a win, cant beat Torquay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Its not a case of having a pop !! its a case of airing one's concerns regarding the current run of results and league placing
alwaysright

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:53 pm

thegentlegiant

Postby marky » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:14 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Get a grip Marky - this is the best Morecambe side I have seen in the last 6 years and to say we should get rid of the manager who won us promotion and got us to 11th in our first 2 seasons in the league because we are struggling to win - leave it out Pal!

Whilst we should be closing out games and by the sounds of it should have won again today, we also playing some good football and lets just think who in this league we couldn't beat?........exactly nobody - this team will come good and we will climb the league - yes its frustrating seeing all these draws but IMHO this team of players managed by this management team will take the club forward into the new stadium and the most succesfull period of the clubs recent history - keep the faith. ;)

That's the point, I'd much prefer it if we were picking up wins and the management team stayed in place, because that would mean we were doing well. I agree with you on most your points. However, the fact this clearly is the best squad we've ever had, even accounting for injuries, means that something is clearly not right and I don't think it's necessarily the fault of the players themselves. I do think we'll climb the table eventually, but if it was me, I wouldn't be prepared to take the gamble that it will happen. We were 11th by default last season. On a level playing field, we would have finished 14th. Besides which, I honestly couldn't give a damn what happened in the past or how well Sammy and Mark have done. What matters is now.

I'd love to see what someone like John Coleman could do with our squad. I'd love to see what he could do with our, whilst moderate, better resources. If he ca do what he does with the financial nightmare that is Accrington Stanley, imagine what he could do with a bit of backing!

After our terrible start, I said I'd give it till November and see where we are then. I'm sticking to that.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Whats Coleman done thats so great?, his budget hasn't been that different to ours except compared to us Accy are in the sh*t as they havn't managed their budget well.
Havn't we finished higher than Accy each season??
Does he have magical power that would have made the chances our strikers have missed the last two games go in??
Good manager he is but he wouldn't do much better than Sammy here.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby steve mfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 pm

ezz wrote:Whats Coleman done thats so great?, his budget hasn't been that different to ours except compared to us Accy are in the sh*t as they havn't managed their budget well.
Havn't we finished higher than Accy each season??
Does he have magical power that would have made the chances our strikers have missed the last two games go in??
Good manager he is but he wouldn't do much better than Sammy here.

Spot on, if you read the Accy forum as often as i do then you would see the criticism that Coleman gets when results aren't going their way. Poor tactics, bad substitutions, wrong formation, hes taken us as far as he can, sounds familiar doesn't it. The key factor is its when their not winning that you get these comments, the rest of the time its king coley football genius, just the same as on this forum. But that's football supporters for you.

The fact is we are playing much better football than last year, so if we could turn it round last season then surely we can this one.
steve mfc

Postby Pandashrimp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:04 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Get a grip Marky - this is the best Morecambe side I have seen in the last 6 years and to say we should get rid of the manager who won us promotion and got us to 11th in our first 2 seasons in the league because we are struggling to win - leave it out Pal!

Although i am never in favour in clubs sacking managers 'willy-nilly!'. There is no hiding from the fact that this IS the best squad we have ever had. This also takes the fact we have so many injuries out of the equation as an excuse. Of course it hasn't helped but when we have injuries the likes of which we have, but are still able to put out teams like we are doing, and still have only recordered one win, this is unexcusable. Sammy himself has said he shoulders the blame this week, and sadly if we do take anything under four points these next two games, i will be agreeing with Marky.
No questioning what Sammy has done for the club, but we are talking about the here and now. Has he taken us as far as he can? i hope not, however you cannot question anyone that thinks he has given the resources he has available compared to our current form.

I do however think this situation can be turned around. I am optimistic. All i am saying is no matter what has happened in the past, nobody can question that Sammy is and should be under fire. Just look at Peter Taylor. Promotion to a P-45 in months.
Pandashrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:45 pm

alwaysright wrote:I think people should get there head out of the sand and realise that were not as good as what certain people think we are, the league table doesnt lie and we are in for a long hard season and the sooner we all realise that the better

Interesting that you make three posts since I wrote this...

Keith wrote:
alwaysright wrote:...all this bollocks about the best squad of players we have had, just wait till we play the teams around us etc etc, well we have played a quarter of the league games and were 2 points of a relegation place.

So if it is bollocks, then which squad of players do you believe were better and why?

...and yet you didn't answer my question?
So is it "bollocks" that this is the best squad, in which case, which squad was better?
Or, does the table lie?
Or is it you that is talking bollocks?

'cause I'm confused...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:56 pm

All we need is two wins on the trot, that will give us the confidence to go on and push into the top half, we arent going to get relegated, not a chance in hell!
Crooky MFC

Postby alwaysright » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:19 am

So then Keith, if as YOU say this our best squad in years why are we 2 points off a relegation spot, and i cant be bothered looking at the stats right now but after playing the same amount of games last season where we in the same position as we are this ???
alwaysright

Next

Return to General Discussion