Decent result

Decent result

Postby Red Army » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:02 pm

:D Decent result away at Torquay today - according to bbc website we played well 51% possession 10 shots on target - 2 home games now hopefully we can kick on now
Red Army

Re: Decent result

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:04 pm

a point away from home ain't to bad, it's our home form we need to sort out attacking wise with our infamous 5man defence..
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 pm

A decnet result! How many times to we have to go into the lead to maintain it!!! :x :evil: :evil:
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm

we should have won today yes it is another point but we have to be beating teams around us if we want to be moving up the table
heysham_mfc

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:15 pm

We should have buried them. The Ref was awful today and gave them everything including a penalty that no one, and I mean no one knows what for.

Having said that we had 7 clear chances in the 2nd half that we should have buried.

Verdict: Not clinical enough in front of the goal and 2 points dropped.
Mark S

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Why was Taylor s height not used in the second half as a sub , from the commentary the number of crosses or flicks that were just too high for others Taylor would probably converted one or two
parkyboy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:32 pm

parkyboy wrote:Why was Taylor s height not used in the second half as a sub , from the commentary the number of crosses or flicks that were just too high for others Taylor would probably converted one or two

Taylor is not as tall as Mullin so not sure about your point.

Taylor at present does not offer enough to earn a place. He needs loaning out somewhere he can play every week and score some goals. Even Lancaster should be considered !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Red Army » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:02 pm

:D Totally agree we need players with experience like Paul mullin to get us out of this mess we are in
Red Army

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Taylor didnt do 2 bad in his limited appearsnces last season
parkyboy

Postby marky » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Personally, I'm happy enough with a point away from home. As alluded to in another thread, I won't be happy with anything less than 4 points from out next 2 homes games.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:14 am

marky wrote:Personally, I'm happy enough with a point away from home. As alluded to in another thread, I won't be happy with anything less than 4 points from out next 2 homes games.

I'm sorry but only getting a point today despite the poor standard of refereeing, is not good enough. Almost half their team are still part-time.

MarkS mentioned that we are not clinical enough in front of goal, and he's right.

I would imagine that the next two gmes are very important for this team, and for an indication of the progression from here.

Smith's one handed save right at the end definately earned us a point, because of a deflection he had to switch direction to make the save.

For God's sake shoot :!: :!:

As far as "we need experience players to get us out of this...". Who got us here?

Why do we tire in the second half?
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 am

Mark S wrote:We should have buried them. The Ref was awful today and gave them everything including a penalty that no one, and I mean no one knows what for.

Having said that we had 7 clear chances in the 2nd half that we should have buried.

A familiar assumption.....but with the present squad and the shortage of young goalscoring talent throughout the club, it's a situation that will prevail.

I look at the Daggers and a number of other clubs (including Accy) who have brought in young talent from clubs outside of the league and developed home grown talent (eg Grant at Accy) and I really do think that the apparent loss of a youth development policy much heralded by the former manager is now having serious repercussions.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:38 am

'not good enough'
'should have won the game'
'2 points dropped'
memories of Aldershot coming back hope we can improve soon and turn those chanches into goals
heysham_mfc

Postby sgt major » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:22 am

Christies Child wrote:
Mark S wrote:We should have buried them. The Ref was awful today and gave them everything including a penalty that no one, and I mean no one knows what for.

A familiar assumption.....but with the present squad and the shortage of young goalscoring talent throughout the club, it's a situation that will prevail.

I look at the Daggers and a number of other clubs (including Accy) who have brought in young talent from clubs outside of the league and developed home grown talent (eg Grant at Accy) and I really do think that the apparent loss of a youth development policy much heralded by the former manager is now having serious repercussions.

What lack of youth development - we have a great academy at Morecambe with some promising lads coming through.
sgt major

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 am

Mark S wrote:The Ref was awful today and gave them everything including a penalty that no one, and I mean no one knows what for.

Including the round up commentator on the BBC who reckoned the referee was probably the only person in the ground who knew what it was for.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mfmt9
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Red Army wrote::D Totally agree we need players with experience like Paul mullin to get us out of this mess we are in

Just a pity he cant use his feet as well as his head like an experienced striker should be able to do . ;)
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:28 pm

parceldave wrote:
Red Army wrote::D Totally agree we need players with experience like Paul mullin to get us out of this mess we are in

Just a pity he cant use his feet as well as his head like an experienced striker should be able to do . ;)

He's scored with his feet in the last 2 matches.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
parceldave wrote:

He's scored with his feet in the last 2 matches.

Missed 3 good chances against Notts Co with feet in 1st half , then open goal in second half . Two good chances with feet against Shrews and 4 wasted pts . I believe he had chances last wk too but cant comment . One reason why we're in the position we are and debating S.M's position.
parceldave

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:42 pm

So........ do you think we shouldn't have got him? Or should he now be dropped to make way for.... who? Twissy?

Not arguing, just wondering what you think. You're criticising Mullin - what's your alternative within the squad? Or do you think we should have got someone else?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:35 am

shrimper wrote:So........ do you think we shouldn't have got him? Or should he now be dropped to make way for.... who? Twissy?

Not arguing, just wondering what you think. You're criticising Mullin - what's your alternative within the squad? Or do you think we should have got someone else?

BIGFELLA as got presence am glad to have him on board, as Ron Atkinson would say "he's like a old fashioned battering ram" :lol:

but seriously with his feet he's got the touch of a centerback[Artell], i just think Jevons should be shooting more, it's him id be tempted to replace with Twiss for a few games
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:58 am

parceldave wrote:
Missed 3 good chances against Notts Co with feet in 1st half , then open goal in second half . Two good chances with feet against Shrews and 4 wasted pts . I believe he had chances last wk too but cant comment . One reason why we're in the position we are and debating S.M's position.

Show me a striker in League 2 that converts 100% of their chances.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:38 am

Just a pity he cant use his feet as well as his head like an experienced striker should be able to do . ;)[/quote]

He's scored with his feet in the last 2 matches.[/quote]

Missed 3 good chances against Notts Co with feet in 1st half , then open goal in second half . Two good chances with feet against Shrews and 4 wasted pts . I believe he had chances last wk too but cant comment . One reason why we're in the position we are and debating S.M's position.[/quote]

At least he is getting into the right position to miss chances. He won't always miss them as we found out when we played Accy in the past.
Dont just judge him on goals although 3 in 7 games is a decent return if it continues at that rate. Watch how he receives the ball and holds it up until he can lay it off to a team-mate. Watch how many balls he wins in the air and flicks on to Jevons and other players.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:06 am

I know that I piss a lot of people off with some of my posts, but the recent postings about PM and PJ really piss ME off!

What the f*** do some of you want?

Only a few months ago there were cries that we needed a target man...so Sammy delivered.

Now it seems that in the minds of some, either or both are not up to it.

YES it would have been excellent to have developed home grown talent to come through the ranks as I've suggested before. But as Posh has said 'the policy appears to be going for experience'. So Sammy delivers and still we've mutterings from the back of discontent.

Incredible! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Are you 2 different people CC? You are very Jekyl & Hyde. One minute you are this:

Christies Child wrote:What the f*** do some of you want?

Only a few months ago there were cries that we needed a target man...so Sammy delivered.

Now it seems that in the minds of some, either or both are not up to it.

So Sammy delivers and still we've mutterings from the back of discontent.

Incredible! :evil: :evil: :evil:

and then you are this:
Christies Child wrote:[As long as we have this 'little Morecambe atitude' then I can't see us progressing any further than making up the numbers in League 2.

I look at what Daggers have achieved and have sometimes to question Sammy's policy of preference for 'experienced' players rather than looking towards the Conference for additions.

As for 'in or out', the jury is still out. We are without doubt having some bad luck, and yet playing some attractive and constructive stuff...going forward. But there may come a time when excuses such as bad luck may run out and the powers that be have to decide whether to continue to have belief in Sammy. The thought of relegation is too difficult to contemplate remembering what is at stake with the move to the new stadium on the horizon?

Maybe a bit of the other would sort out your problems? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parkyboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Its the experienced players that will make sure we are still a league team at the end of this season
parkyboy

Next

Return to General Discussion