Doncaster keeper signs on loan:

Doncaster keeper signs on loan:

Postby campdave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:01 pm

http://footytweets.com/morecambe/news/166120

Shrimps boss Sammy McIlroy has moved to bring in Smith after losing first-choice keeper Barry Roche to injury.

Sounds like he'll be first choice.
campdave

Re: Doncaster keeper signs on loan:

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Excellent move, a very good keeper, if he goes straight into the team it then becomes obvious we need him or someone else as cover for baz, if he is on the bench then we don t, either way, we obviously need 3 keepers by the look of things, anyone know what lewis edge is doing now :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby eggchaser » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:37 pm

agreed - for me he's good enough to be our first team keeper should anything happen to sullivan or he hangs up his boots - good luck to the lad

Found this on The Doncaster Forum, they certainly rate him highly!
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 pm

never heard of him but sounds quite good
heysham_mfc

Postby Number 1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Looks like he was looking for a loan move and played in the Carling Cup against Spurs.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page ... 83,00.html
Number 1

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:08 am

mrpotatohead wrote: we obviously need 3 keepers by the look of things, anyone know what lewis edge is doing now

At our level and budget, 2 keepers is fine, supplementing with loanees in case of injuries.
campdave

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:17 am

Lewis Edge, anyone :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:41 am

Hasn't Lewis Edge quit football altogether? I had heard that he's concentrating on cricket now. At the time he signed for Blackpool I believe that he had the option to join the Lancashire CCC academy, but chose football instead. Obviously a very talented sportsman.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:21 pm

well that gives me more optismism about Morecambe's chances to climb the table away from danger
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Yes......because even with Roche (who is probably the better keeper) we were winning plenty of games and keeping clean sheets. You hadn't even seen Scott play this season in the league he may have matured these last few years and become a great keeper.....
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:17 pm

ezz wrote:Yes......because even with Roche (who is probably the better keeper) we were winning plenty of games and keeping clean sheets. You hadn't even seen Scott play this season in the league he may have matured these last few years and become a great keeper.....

how the hell, can he have matured without playing first team football he hasn't been active enough

and you've strengthened my point about winning plenty of games and clean sheets with Roche in goal, i can only imagine Aldershot would have been the start of things to come

Christ sake people think he's being bullied, just because people dont rate him :roll:
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:26 pm

DawZi wrote:
ezz wrote:Yes......because even with Roche (who is probably the better keeper) we were winning plenty of games and keeping clean sheets. You hadn't even seen Scott play this season in the league he may have matured these last few years and become a great keeper.....

how the hell, can he have matured without playing first team football he hasn't been active enough

If you're agruing that first team experience is important, Ben Smith has played 8 more first team matches than Scott.
campdave

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9ocWmu6U7M

Hope the lad does better for us than this but if you watch the goals properly you'll see that most are not at all his fault but a defensive problem. He'll certainly not be playing in front of players like Peter Crouch every day and at a stadium like what Doncaster now have. Still he does have a very good pedigree and excellent reputation so WELCOME on board Smithy!
nobbyshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:35 pm

If you're agruing that first team experience is important, Ben Smith has played 8 more first team matches than Scott.

i seen his perfomance against Carlise, that made my mind up

and if you've seen him recently warming up infront of the north stand near the disabled bit, doesn't inspire confidence, in replacing Roche in a important 2 months of must win games
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:47 pm

DawZi wrote:
and if you've seen him recently warming up infront of the north stand near the disabled bit, doesn't inspire confidence, in replacing Roche in a important 2 months of must win games

Ah, warming up, the famous yard stick of a player's ability.
campdave

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Dawzi players mature through training, playing for the reserves, and learning from Roche himself. How can you judge a player through the warm up before a game?
Also your also assuming that every goal we concede is the keepers fault, a lot of the time there will be nothing they can do.
I think either keeper will do more than well enough.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:26 pm

i agree to disagree :roll: :P
George Dawes

Postby Weetabix Kid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Matthew Gregiore anyone? I used to crap myself when he was warming up, Id of preferred a outfield to go in net than him !!
Weetabix Kid

Postby steve mfc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Well if he does go straight into the team ahead of davies then it would probably be for the best for both the club and Scott if he was to move on at the end of the season.

From Scott's point of view if you are not considered good enough to fill in when the first choice keeper is injured then it would surely be better to try your luck somewhere else.
steve mfc

Postby cyranodm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Don't think Lewis Edge has to worry about playing any sport professionally in the future. He will never have any financial worries. The rumours in certain areas are that his dad is about to come into a lot of money.

Watch this space.
cyranodm

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 pm

cyranodm wrote:Don't think Lewis Edge has to worry about playing any sport professionally in the future. He will never have any financial worries. The rumours in certain areas are that his dad is about to come into a lot of money.

Watch this space.

yep half a million i have heard,careful thou or this will be locked from the high and mighted :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Return to General Discussion