End of an Era gear

End of an Era gear

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:51 am

Anyone bought any?

Looks good stuff, might have to have a trip down before the Torquay weekend.

http://www.morecambefcshop.co.uk/prod_info.asp?prodid=95#
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: End of an Era gear

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:33 am

nope but seen a few people at games wearing it looks good
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 am

shrimper wrote:Anyone bought any?

Yep and jolly good it is too!
I'm sure once it's gone it's gone :?: So if you want a particular colour in a particular size you need to get down there pronto :!:

Can only see "New Era" stuff being available when we move ;)

It's also good to see BENCH stuff for sale "down sarth"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby burple » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 am

is this gear actually any good?

heard quite few people say the quality of the actual products is pretty poor when you actually get hold of the stuff

Looks fantastic in the pics but no good if poor quality stuff
burple

Postby Mark S » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:18 am

I bought the blue tee shirt for me and a hoodie for my eldest Son. Quality stuff.
Mark S

Postby CASS » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:52 am

I got a white t shirt emblazoned with shrimps 89 in red and it's quality,beer stains wash out well and It irons perfectly,or so I am told. Prices are right ..I have been looking for (edging my bets for next summer) an Italy home shirt best price so far £50 with a penny change..now thats a rip off.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 pm

I got the grey crested t-shirt and it's quality.

The material is excellant nice and thick and the g/f says it washes well.

The t-shirt is exactly the same as a grey Bench t-shirt I have same colour, material apart from the bench label has been changed to a MFC one.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:08 pm

CASS wrote:I got a white t shirt emblazoned with shrimps 89 in red and it's quality,beer stains wash out well and It irons perfectly,or so I am told. Prices are right ..I have been looking for (edging my bets for next summer) an Italy home shirt best price so far £50 with a penny change..now thats a rip off.

Italy are having a new kit before long, I'd wait for that before paying full price for one now.
durhamshrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Cass wrote: and It irons perfectly,or so I am told. Prices are right ..I have been looking for (edging my bets for next summer) an Italy home shirt best price so far £50 with a penny change..now thats a rip off.

P/T Indie wrote:I got the grey crested t-shirt and it's quality.

The material is excellant nice and thick and the g/f says it washes well.

The t-shirt is exactly the same as a grey Bench t-shirt I have same colour, material apart from the bench label has been changed to a MFC one.

:roll:

It's okay lads - nobody cares these days!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mainstandwrinkly » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:47 pm

personally i think all the gear is over - priced .i think those shirts should be about 8 quid at most .i bought a coat in the shop a couple of years ago it cost me about 40 quid and basically it was just a very cheap coat with a morecambe badge stuck on it .i could get a similar coat for ten pounds anywhere else.
mainstandwrinkly

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:42 pm

mainstandwrinkly wrote:personally i think all the gear is over - priced .i think those shirts should be about 8 quid at most .i bought a coat in the shop a couple of years ago it cost me about 40 quid and basically it was just a very cheap coat with a morecambe badge stuck on it .i could get a similar coat for ten pounds anywhere else.

agreed! i think personally that the tops look terrible and over priced... i believe just the club trying to cash in on the idea of leaving crusty! (not all a bad idea)
however maybe a good investment for you 'ebayers' in a few years or so :roll:
lancaster_shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 pm

lancaster_shrimp wrote:
mainstandwrinkly wrote:personally i think all the gear is over - priced .i think those shirts should be about 8 quid at most .i bought a coat in the shop a couple of years ago it cost me about 40 quid and basically it was just a very cheap coat with a morecambe badge stuck on it .i could get a similar coat for ten pounds anywhere else.

agreed! i think personally that the tops look terrible and over priced... i believe just the club trying to cash in on the idea of leaving crusty! (not all a bad idea)
however maybe a good investment for you 'ebayers' in a few years or so :roll:

if you look at prices other clubs charge most of the stuff is about the same prices as ours
heysham_mfc

Postby skyecat » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I bought the black t shirt with the embossed logo on it. I really like it, seems to be good quality too.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 am

I got a couple of the t-shirts. Excellent quality and the design is such that they are great 'every-day' wear, in that the 'football' bit is quite subtle. Plus it was fun pointing out to some yoofs that I was wearing Bench stuff!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:54 am

The price is okay for this kind of stuff. All club sports gear, with club motifs, is more expensive than Asda ones and the like.
Being honest, I liked them all and may go back again for some more items but I plumped for the black T-shirt as well for the Torquay weekend.
shrimper

Postby CASS » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:14 am

mainstandwrinkly wrote:personally i think all the gear is over priced.

Not at all if you where a fan of F1
http://store.ferrari.com/en/clothing/me ... lo-shirts/
you might have cause to moan

Or if you wanted a "Winker the Wanker" shirt you would probably fall over when you saw the price.

http://www.realmadridshop.com/stores/re ... ?pid=65326

Even the Team at the btm of the Scottish 3rd div "Know how to charge" as my old Mum would have said.
http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/Merchandise.html

It looks as if our stuff is priced correctly,may be it's your user name that makes you think something.s are still 1/9d a lbs. ;)
CASS

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:52 am

....simple solution if you feel it's overprced......'don't buy it' but of course you didn't did you? :?

Well done on realising that your purchase puts money into the club... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Christies Child wrote:

....simple solution if you feel it's overprced......'don't buy it' but of course you didn't did you? :?

....and there's me thinking "Mainstandwrinkley" was one of your other usernames CC.

As any Company knows, putting your name on a pen, mug, lighter, keyring etc. costs far more than the actual item in the first place. To get anything like a sensible price you have to order 1000's +.

Surely we should be proud wearing the gear not moaning about it ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Christies Child wrote:

you could also put that another way of saying the club could be taking advantage of our fans by making these new products. Some might say that it is something for the fans to take away leaving crusty, but my opinion its a money making scheme to collect a few £££
lancaster_shrimp

Postby CASS » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:59 pm

lancaster_shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

you could also put that another way of saying the club could be taking advantage of our fans by making these new products. Some might say that it is something for the fans to take away leaving crusty, but my opinion its a money making scheme to collect a few £££

Well of course it is, but like CC says you have a choice..The number of times over the last few years when the commecial dept has been ripped in bits on here for not doing this and that are numerous. Then when a once in a life time op comes along some of us are infering that the club are after making a fast buck.It's a marketing opportunity use it. I hope they take advantage of the move to the new ground,I would ! The smart guy is the chap who goes arond on that 1000cc motor bike flogging badges (How does he get away with the "L" plates)
he never misses a trick,end of era pin badges for sale in the York on the last home Sat game.
Now thats commecial enterprise even if it is small scale.I would say to the club" Keep up the good work with the gear" And don't let the THURNAM LEISURE shirt brigade get you down.
CASS

Postby Curly » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:57 pm

shrimper wrote:The price is okay for this kind of stuff. All club sports gear, with club motifs, is more expensive than Asda ones and the like.
Being honest, I liked them all and may go back again for some more items but I plumped for the black T-shirt as well for the Torquay weekend.

I've got one of the hoodies, its good quality, not overly priced and as warm as f...... ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mainstandwrinkly » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 am

thanks for your interesting comments on my reply , firstly i dont think i am living in the past its just that the stuff in the club shop seems dear compared to similar goods on the high street.can anyone seriously tell me that those replica shirts are worth 40 pounds ? i know its the same at other clubs but that doesn't make it right. there was a game last year when the chairman said he wanted to see loads of people in red so they knocked down the shirts to ten pounds ,i think thats roughly the price they should be in the first place .i know that buying this gear puts money into the club but i know where all this stuff is made and how much it costs and i still say that sticking a morecambe badge on a 10 pound coat shouldnt suddenly make it worth over 40 pounds.
mainstandwrinkly

Postby shrimper » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:09 am

It's not a charity - it's a business that NEEDS to make money to survive.

From there it's all about supply and demand. If they charge £15 for a decent quality T-shirt and they sell out (which they will) then tell me who's right, them or you?

They could charge £5 and still sell out but will have made 2/3 less than they could have, which means less money would be going into OUR club.

The only time a 'costs too much' argument can have any credibility whatsoever is when the price results in things not selling.

Most people will be proud enough to wear the club logo on decent quality items to pay the prices. Those who think it's too costly won't buy them but the club would be silly to gear its marketing strategy to those people if their products consistently sell well at the prices.

They are 'too dear' if you compare them with items made in the same material but with logos like 'American Fashion' or 'LA Style' or 'Matalan' - but cheaper than ones with 'Helly Hansen', 'Henleys', or 'Tommy Hilfiger'.

I won't buy those but I will buy something with my club's logo on and I'll be happy to pay a bit of a premium because I know it's going to OUR club, rather than some American or German clothing industry boss.

The 'I know how much they cost to produce' argument is just silly and irrelevant IMO. You could say that about just about every item you buy, from TVs to carpets.
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:22 am

shrimper wrote:It's not a charity - it's a business that NEEDS to make money to survive.

From there it's all about supply and demand. If they charge £15 for a decent quality T-shirt and they sell out (which they will) then tell me who's right, them or you?

They could charge £5 and still sell out but will have made 2/3 less than they could have, which means less money would be going into OUR club.

The only time a 'costs too much' argument can have any credibility whatsoever is when the price results in things not selling.

Most people will be proud enough to wear the club logo on decent quality items to pay the prices. Those who think it's too costly won't buy them but the club would be silly to gear its marketing strategy to those people if their products consistently sell well at the prices.

They are 'too dear' if you compare them with items made in the same material but with logos like 'American Fashion' or 'LA Style' or 'Matalan' - but cheaper than ones with 'Helly Hansen', 'Henleys', or 'Tommy Hilfiger'.

I won't buy those but I will buy something with my club's logo on and I'll be happy to pay a bit of a premium because I know it's going to OUR club, rather than some American or German clothing industry boss.

The 'I know how much they cost to produce' argument is just silly and irrelevant IMO. You could say that about just about every item you buy, from TVs to carpets.

good post , I bought a couple of the mugs at £6 each as these help the club.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Curly wrote:
shrimper wrote:The price is okay for this kind of stuff. All club sports gear, with club motifs, is more expensive than Asda ones and the like.

I've got one of the hoodies, its good quality, not overly priced and as warm as f...... ;)

And its not yellow! :lol:
Mark S

Next

Return to General Discussion