Scott and Bare Ben

Scott and Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:31 am

Scott is alive and kicking and wishes Bare Ben a speedy recovery...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Scott and Bare Ben

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 pm

any need to start a new thread.....

:roll:
Weetabix Kid

Postby campdave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Don't criticise him, he'll only feel the need to highlight it every bloody time you do it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm

thought it was to good to be true, you can make emergency goalkeeper signings.
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 pm

DawZi wrote:thought it was to good to be true

how very charming.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm

sorry i just cant see us winning any games with SD is in goal :evil:
George Dawes

Postby Smeggy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Couldn't agree more DawZi, I'm not convinced of Davies ability between the sticks both his to appearances have ended in disaster, Carlisle and Aldershot.

Maybe we are a bit spoilt with having Barry in goal and it would be near impossible to find a replacement of the same calibre.
Smeggy

Postby campdave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:58 pm

DawZi wrote:sorry i just cant see us winning any games with SD is in goal :evil:

I read your comment as "shame he hasn't broken his ankle", based on your "too good to be true" in reference to Ben's thread. Was I supposed to read it in a different way?
campdave

Postby Mark S » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Nice one guys! Scott may not post on here but I am sure he and all the other players do read the board. Worth considering before you totally shatter his confidence.

Barry is No.1 for a reason but Scott will be up for the challenge! He will have my full support on Saturday.
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

campdave wrote:
DawZi wrote:sorry i just cant see us winning any games with SD is in goal :evil:

I read your comment as "shame he hasn't broken his ankle", based on your "too good to be true" in reference to Ben's thread. Was I supposed to read it in a different way?

i just first read that post as SD is injuried and we had a relegation battle lifeline of a emergency goalkeeper signing on the way

Mark S wrote:Nice one guys! Scott may not post on here but I am sure he and all the other players do read the board. Worth considering before you totally shatter his confidence.

Barry is No.1 for a reason but Scott will be up for the challenge! He will have my full support on Saturday.

and he will have mine, but point taken about players reading on here, i just hope he proves me and other people very very wrong
George Dawes

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:27 pm

well we haven't won very many games this season either if you care to look!
lancaster_shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Mark S wrote:Nice one guys! Scott may not post on here but I am sure he and all the other players do read the board. Worth considering before you totally shatter his confidence.

agrre with you Mark it is going to give it a great boost going into a game knowing some fans don't think he is up to it we have to give him a chance to prove himself
heysham_mfc

Postby Mighty Red » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:39 pm

When does the new goalkeeper arrive?

I'm guessing - Monday?
Mighty Red

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Mighty Red wrote:When does the new goalkeeper arrive?

I'm guessing - Monday?

this monday or next monday :!:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Mark, sorry but if players choose to read this board and read thing they may not like then that is their own fault.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm

.....and mine as well.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Smeggy wrote:I'm not convinced of Davies ability between the sticks both his to appearances have ended in disaster, Carlisle and Aldershot.

Did okay in a certain game at Wembley... didn't let anyone down as I recall? I don't think he'll let anyone down on Saturday either.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:10 pm

He is always well backed whenever he is called upon to get between the sticks, and is always vocal and passionate. He will also forever be a hero for the way he kept his nerve against York and at Wembley. He is however not good enough for the football league. He is clearly talented and capable of moments of brilliance (the reason he has had a couple of trials at better clubs), however there is also a flip side of the coin, where he is error prone and doesnt (despite no lack of effort) command an area, this is probably the reasons these trials at Gillingham and Crewe were unsuccessful.

I feel some fans still treat Scott as a complete amateur when he does play. Don't get me wrong support a young keeper when he plays, however i find it almost patronising the way our fans clap him for completing the most simple of tasks. Its almost like never mind Scotty you'l save the next one.

Also if a players confidence is badly effected by reading a message board, then they should't be in football! If anything it should encourage him to prove people wrong.

As much as Davies deserves a chance. I'd rather have a very average dependable keeper than someone that can keep you in the game on second then flap at the resulting corner the next. We must be able to get someone in for a while.
We really need to trim that wage bill, the number of Centre halfs, right backs and centre mids we have is stupid. Some blue square prem side must fancy one of them. Having said that at least possibly the year where we have been most unlucky with injuries has come when we have plenty of cover available.
Pandashrimp

Postby Mark S » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 pm

marky wrote:

Mark, sorry but if players choose to read this board and read thing they may not like then that is their own fault.

If you think having a go at a guy who has only one L2 game under his belt this season, and and whose job as reserve goalkeeper is to do his utmost best at times like this is fair then we will always disagree on that. We are meant to be supporters.

Marky sometimes you come across as angry and bitter, sometimes it looks from a distance as though you relish when we have setbacks. You clearly are not a Sammy fan and most of your posts are very negative.

All I am asking is that we as supporters get behind the team and give them a chance , especially in their second game of the season.

Anyway, Scott will never get a slagging from me. Two words - Wembley Legend :D
Mark S

Postby marky » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:33 pm

You're quite right, I'm not and never will be a Sammy fan, just like I wasn't and never will be a Harvey fan. But I don't have to be. The only time it'd actually matter what I thought of the guy was if I was his boss. I actually rate Davies personally. If we hadn't got someone like Roche in last season, then he could have been the first choice keeper by now because the only way someone learns is by playing in competitive games regularly. However, players are in the entertainment business and no one in that world is going to a) be universally liked and b) immune from criticism. Why do you think the likes of Tim Henman actively avoided reading any of the papers in the run up to a tournament like Wimbledon? I just think that if players don't want to read stuff that may be negative about themselves and if they are the kind of person whom such negativity would affect badly, then they would be total fools to come on here. If Scott Davies really could lose confidence by the odd poster stating they don't have a high opinion of his ability, then he shouldn't come on here AND if he doesn't, then those players that do would be equal fools to actually inform him about what people are saying.
Last edited by marky on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm

I would like to add to the supportive comments regarding SD, winning at wembley, after not much match practice, but kept on, for a very small team, all be it as second choice, he does well to get motivated at morecambe, people on here talk like we should have 3 top class strikers and goalies at our disposal, then moan about the non attendance of filler fans, etc, SD is a sgned up mfc goalie who deserves a run out, he is what we have and deserves full backing of us, and the management :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Interestingly the new loan goalkeeper has stated his lack of competitve games during his time with Donny. For me the Scott performs beyond expectation considering the lack of competitive games he has in a season.

Maybe Scott needs a period away from the club for his game to benefit in the long term.

Remember goalkeepers don't reach their peak until their late 20's so plenty of time for Scott to develop into an accomplished goalie that many predict he will become.
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Keith wrote:
Smeggy wrote:I'm not convinced of Davies ability between the sticks both his to appearances have ended in disaster, Carlisle and Aldershot.

Did okay in a certain game at Wembley... didn't let anyone down as I recall? I don't think he'll let anyone down on Saturday either.

AMEN.
Decent lad too.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Return to General Discussion