Quote:
number of chances we missed especially mullin

especially mullin

trying not to.......must not.........
Its all in the hips.
matty

Re: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 pm

to be right we've bought BIGFELLA for his strengths ie. Aerial ability and presence, we need more players to be pushing up in games to play off him like Twissy and Duffy the fastest player!! we have at this club

and bring Wainwright back for right wingback
George Dawes

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 pm

One win all season is a disgrace no matter what anyone thinks.

Though we do all need to give the team up untill Xmas before we start panicking. Pete Mc is without doubt one of the best businessmen in football so I'm sure he will make all the right calls after then if needed
Weetabix Kid

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:27 pm

matty wrote:

matty wrote:
Quote:
number of chances we missed especially mullin

especially mullin

trying not to.......must not.........

i will respect yr must not with abaited breath ;) ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:12 pm

If we lose at Torquay then I'd say it's time to start worrying - If the team are travelling on the Friday, and play football like we did in the 1st half of yesturday then we shouldn't have any problems.
Crooky MFC

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 pm

parceldave wrote:Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden, when we have only won 1 game out of 12.

1. Bournmouth
2. Dag & Red
3. Rotherham
4. Rochdale
5. Notts County
6. Aldershot
7. Barnet
8. Shrewsbury
9. Chesterfield
10 Burton Albion
11 Bradford
12 Bury
13 Accrington
14 Port Vale
15 Crewe
16 Lincoln
17 Cheltenham
18 Macclesfield
19 Northampton
20 Hereford
21 Morecambe
22 Grimsby
23 Torquay
24 Darlington

"Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden?" Well, to try and reinforce the point, I've highlighted our first dozen games and our next half dozen. Now I'm expecting us to start winning games soon. Four wins and two draws from the next six? Not unreasonable to expect. If we fall much short of that target I'll begin to share your pessimism, but as it stands, I still think we've had an incredibly tough run in which we've been very unlucky not to pick up more points. If we don't get more than a couple of wins from those six, then we've got problems.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:31 pm

As Keith say's those next 6 games are winnable, then Sammy would be manager of the month, everybody would be happy, and we would be in the play offs dreaming of league1.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Keith wrote:
parceldave wrote:Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden, when we have only won 1 game out of 12.

1. Bournmouth
2. Dag & Red
3. Rotherham
4. Rochdale
5. Notts County
6. Aldershot
7. Barnet
8. Shrewsbury
9. Chesterfield
10 Burton Albion
11 Bradford
12 Bury
13 Accrington
14 Port Vale
15 Crewe
16 Lincoln
17 Cheltenham
18 Macclesfield
19 Northampton
20 Hereford
21 Morecambe
22 Grimsby
23 Torquay
24 Darlington

"Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden?" Well, to try and reinforce the point, I've highlighted our first dozen games and our next half dozen. Now I'm expecting us to start winning games soon. Four wins and two draws from the next six? Not unreasonable to expect. If we fall much short of that target I'll begin to share your pessimism, but as it stands, I still think we've had an incredibly tough run in which we've been very unlucky not to pick up more points. If we don't get more than a couple of wins from those six, then we've got problems.

Not pessemistic Keith just realistic, like our fans and Shots fans said yesterday we should have had 3 goals by half time and if you have been to any of our home games recently you will have seen for yourself the same problem. All 3 strikers have missed good chances but i dont think we get enough men forward to back them up. Since the Notts Co game we have only scored 2 goals from open play. :o When we lost our M.P ;)
parceldave

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 pm

This thread reminds me of one not so long ago back in the conference after a shaky start then, it was later brought up after May 20th 2007 and laughed at.

Patience is a virtue.
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 pm

parceldave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Sammy deserves time to turn things around remember the teams that we have played so far have all been from near the top of the leauge the table is very close as well which means a couple of wins and we could be mid table

Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden, when we have only won 1 game out of 12. There were people stating on here earlier in the wk that Aldershot was a winnable game but that went pear shaped. Until we start putting away the chances we are creating we're going to struggle unfortunatly. :cry:

and sacking the manager would only make things worse :!:
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:58 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
parceldave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Sammy deserves time to turn things around remember the teams that we have played so far have all been from near the top of the leauge the table is very close as well which means a couple of wins and we could be mid table

Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden, when we have only won 1 game out of 12. There were people stating on here earlier in the wk that Aldershot was a winnable game but that went pear shaped. Until we start putting away the chances we are creating we're going to struggle unfortunatly. :cry:

and sacking the manager would only make things worse :!:

Who said anything about sacking the manager, he's not the 1 who keeps missing the chances. Only thing i cant understand is when and if he makes substitutions. ;)
parceldave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:00 pm

agree with you on your point about using the subs he had thyem warming up and never even used them
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 pm

"As I've said previously I think the desire to turn draws into wins will start to see us on a more 'up and down' run in coming games.

I suspect this may be one of the 'downs' and 2-0 wouldn't surprise me."

I said this before the game and, in another thread, said that when the defeats started coming I hoped people wouldn't panic. Sounds like we went for it yesterday and had plenty of chances and a lot of pressure and possession. We could have gone and tried to shut up shop - but then people have said that's not what we want.

I think we WILL pick up wins in our next few games - but the Rochey situation worries me. I don't think our defence play with as much confidence with Scott behind them.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:35 pm

shrimper wrote:"As I've said previously I think the desire to turn draws into wins will start to see us on a more 'up and down' run in coming games.

I said this before the game and, in another thread, said that when the defeats started coming I hoped people wouldn't panic. Sounds like we went for it yesterday and had plenty of chances and a lot of pressure and possession. We could have gone and tried to shut up shop - but then people have said that's not what we want.

I think we WILL pick up wins in our next few games - but the Rochey situation worries me. I don't think our defence play with as much confidence with Scott behind them.

What time do you call this , ive been wating for your response all evening . Did you see Torquay in the second half Glen , nothing to worry about there. :o
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:44 pm

It now looks like a very important few weeks are ahead of us, I think we would actually accept a draw as a good result next week.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Andy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:02 pm

not f**king biteing !!!!!! lol
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby campdave » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 am

parceldave wrote:There were people stating on here earlier in the wk that Aldershot was a winnable game but that went pear shaped.

There were also plenty of people saying it would be difficult.

There are people on here who expect us to win every game - just look at the prediction threads against the likes of Carlisle, Nottingham Forest and Preston.
campdave

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am

shrimper wrote: but the Rochey situation worries me. I don't think our defence play with as much confidence with Scott behind them.

Cheers Glen, you've put into words what I was trying to say ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 am

parceldave wrote:
shrimper wrote:"As I've said previously I think the desire to turn draws into wins will start to see us on a more 'up and down' run in coming games.

What time do you call this , ive been wating for your response all evening . Did you see Torquay in the second half Glen , nothing to worry about there. :o

:lol: :lol:

Okay - my direct response to YOU is: "now look what you've done!! We were doing fine, picking up points and keeping an unbeaten run going, then you start moaning and calling for more adventure away from home.... and this happens!"

No problem about Torquay, we'll do 'em, they came back for a draw but they were only playing Notts County!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:40 am

I was one of the people who was expecting a loss to the shots, maybe not by that scoreline but from what I've heard it flattered them.
In regards to parceldave, you say your being realistic, well if we are creating plenty of clear cut chances to miss like we did I would say that is positive and the lads upfront just had one of those days. Now if we lost 4-1 and the goal we scored was the only chance we created then I might be more worried. As long as we create chances theres always goals there which is always encouraging.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 am

Andy wrote:For those of you who didn't go today !!!!!!!
1st half performance on the whole was pretty good apart from the goal, WE were the better side, an own goal which Craig could do little about as he had to make contact with the ball. The plus side is we never gave up.

Err yes, our heads completely dropped after the O.G. The chances created in the 1st half were there for all to see and being 1.0 was'nt really a concern at that point. Garry and Larry were providing loads of crosses down both flanks our forwards were queing up for the header on at least 6 occasions. Paul M went over the bar at least 3 times and had a shot on target that was pretty much a pass back, Craney shot wide twice, Drummy over the bar twice and one cross just about skimmed the post off a defender. Garry had so much space on the RHS it was amazing. Twissy had 2 or 3 run ins on goal but on one particular instance he somehow managed to just fall over the ball. Their defence was so rattled they had'nt got a clue.

HOWEVER in the 2nd half their team talk had obviously paid off. Our outlets had been closed off and they started to pass into the vacant areas particularly at left back. Craney, Twissy and Mullin hardly got a look in. As can be seen from the highlights for the O.G. Jim was brought out to cover and Andy P sucked out to cover him. With all due respect Jim is not a left back! Larry was caught out going forward on too many occasions (going forward is something he does very well I might add) but tracking back is not his forte ~ as was seen by the bungle between him and keeper! Their 2 wingers made a laughing stock of us and left far too much space up the middle ~ to be honest it was embarrassing with 20 minutes to go. The BBC highlights show said "more kamikaze defending" and I could'nt agree more. They even commented that the 83 Morecambe fans could'nt be bothered to celebrate after our consolation! Who the **** can blame us :!:

Back to the drawing board :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 am

We did clap when we realized it had gone in ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:45 pm

outsider wrote:We did clap when we realized it had gone in ;)

some of us anyway :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Aspers » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 pm

This thread reminds me of one not so long ago back in the conference after a shaky start then, it was later brought up after May 20th 2007 and laughed at.

Patience is a virtue.

I'm with him. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
Aspers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion