WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

Re: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:05 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:Barry being out is a big worry, however I think Scot will do us proud

Why? are we signing a Jock goalkeeper? :lol:

And must mention Stanleys emphatic win today orchestrated by a manager with no resources, getting the best out of his players at the helm of a sinking ship, a serious contender for the Tranmere job me thinks and well deserved.

yes what a result how on earth does he keep doing it I bet Coleman would love a budget like Sammy's to work with.

after the betting scandel and loosing their captain you would have thought they would be really struggling.

He also manages to pick up players he always seems to be getting young lads in from Liverpool & Everton etc. I know we moan that it's hard to attract players to Morecambe but surley it's just as hard to get people to Accy but Coleman seems to manage it.

He deserves the Tranmere job and a chance to manage at a higher level.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby parceldave » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:10 pm

P/T Indie wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:Barry being out is a big worry, however I think Scot will do us proud

Why? are we signing a Jock goalkeeper? :lol:

And must mention Stanleys emphatic win today orchestrated by a manager with no resources, getting the best out of his players at the helm of a sinking ship, a serious contender for the Tranmere job me thinks and well deserved.

yes what a result how on earth does he keep doing it I bet Coleman would love a budget like Sammy's to work with.

after the betting scandel and loosing their captain you would have thought they would be really struggling.

He also manages to pick up players he always seems to be getting young lads in from Liverpool & Everton etc. I know we moan that it's hard to attract players to Morecambe but surley it's just as hard to get people to Accy but Coleman seems to manage it.

He deserves the Tranmere job and a chance to manage at a higher level.

Or are you saying he deserves a job closer to home :o
parceldave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Sammy just been on Radio Lancs.

He said if we had taken our chances we would have won today.

oh sammy,if we could only have taken them chances,perhaps we cud hav won :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:45 pm

The same can be said for most matches so far this season ,dont score when we have chance to, except in rochdaie mafch where we scored 3 in first half and then gave them back to them in 2nd half .It would appear that we are afraid to shoot from outside the box and also from set pieces we r perhaps to predictable in belting the ball into the area
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:51 pm

3 4 3

front 3 of Duffy Mullin Twiss

lets go out in a blaze of glory fighting :twisted: :lol:
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

only way is forward we should forget about the result yesturday yes we should have won but we didn't take our chances and for that reson we were punished just wish though that Sammy would use the subs bench to its full as clearly that is not hapening at the moment anyway time to move on and hopfully 3 points at torquay next Saturday.
heysham_mfc

Postby swindonshot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Got to agree with those posters who were at the game - you were the better side yesterday and your one/two touch passing had us running about like headless chickens in the first half.

We defended badly and gave the ball away far too cheaply all over the pitch when we got it, so IMO - three points gained and the scoreline flattered us.

Thought you were one of the better sides I've seen this season and as we never seem to do well against you, I can't moan too much!

Best of luck for the rest of the season.
swindonshot

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:41 pm

swindonshot wrote:Got to agree with those posters who were at the game - you were the better side yesterday and your one/two touch passing had us running about like headless chickens in the first half.

We defended badly and gave the ball away far too cheaply all over the pitch when we got it, so IMO - three points gained and the scoreline flattered us.

Thought you were one of the better sides I've seen this season and as we never seem to do well against you, I can't moan too much!

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks for that feed back swindonshot, all we need is a turn of luck from constantly bad to a little bit of good. On the basis that these things even out over the season, we've been banking some real flukes, winning when we should have been battered and dodgy decisions to go our way at the end of the season! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Red Army » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Its time for a change of management - bored with excuses now (accy are winning matches with no money and bournemouth winning games with maximum of 14 squad players would love to see John Coleman given a chance Morecambe legend
Red Army

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:55 pm

i think we owe it to SM to give him time to turn things around, but am starting to feel he's taken us as far as he can, with his odd selections and doesn't seem to learn of from his mistakes

Roche reportedly being out for up to 4-5 weeks is a massive blow! to say the least.
George Dawes

Postby Red Army » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:13 pm

:cry: Rochey been out that long is a disaster as Davies is not good enough
Red Army

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Red Army wrote::cry: Rochey been out that long is a disaster as Davies is not good enough

Based upon? Not saying you are wrong, just not sure how he can be judged without being given a chance.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Sammy deserves time to turn things around remember the teams that we have played so far have all been from near the top of the leauge the table is very close as well which means a couple of wins and we could be mid table
heysham_mfc

Postby Red Army » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

:cry: Just cant see where our next win is coming from to be really honest - would not be surprised if we went down this season or finished in bottom 4 or 5
Red Army

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:34 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Sammy deserves time to turn things around remember the teams that we have played so far have all been from near the top of the leauge the table is very close as well which means a couple of wins and we could be mid table

Where do you think we are going to get a couple wins all of a sudden, when we have only won 1 game out of 12. There were people stating on here earlier in the wk that Aldershot was a winnable game but that went pear shaped. Until we start putting away the chances we are creating we're going to struggle unfortunatly. :cry:
parceldave

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Keith wrote:
Red Army wrote::cry: Rochey been out that long is a disaster as Davies is not good enough

Based upon? [Not saying you are wrong, just not sure how he can be judged without being given a chance.

No slur on young scott but I think without Roche between the sticks I can see more of the same, We might have to score 5 or 6 each game to guarantee a win.
HALMA 1983

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:37 pm

DawZi wrote:i think we owe it to SM to give him time to turn things around, but am starting to feel he's taken us as far as he can, with his odd selections and doesn't seem to learn of from his mistakes

Roche reportedly being out for up to 4-5 weeks is a massive blow! to say the least.

Slightly contradictory.....either you want Sammy to be given more time, or you want him to go.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Can't believe some of the crap posted on here by so called fans - where are we going to get our next win from? - what the hell have you been watching the last few weeks? - have we been played off the park and thrashed by clubs in the bottom half - NO - we have competed well and have been unlucky not to take 3 points of a number of sides who are doing very well - take a look at the league and see where 2 or 3 wins will put us - and if you don't think we are capable of winning 2 or 3 games then please pay more attention at games be a little bit patient - this is very good Morecambe side who are more than capable of the play offs - lets just wait and see of ye of little faith!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:48 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Can't believe some of the crap posted on here by so called fans - where are we going to get our next win from? - what the hell have you been watching the last few weeks? - have we been played off the park and thrashed by clubs in the bottom half - NO - we have competed well and have been unlucky not to take 3 points of a number of sides who are doing very well - take a look at the league and see where 2 or 3 wins will put us - and if you don't think we are capable of winning 2 or 3 games then please pay more attention at games be a little bit patient - this is very good Morecambe side who are more than capable of the play offs - lets just wait and see of ye of little faith!

Ive been watching a team who play good football in the first half of a game , create chances but cant finish. Then in the second half run out of stamina , go narrow and start playing the long ball . Time for you to pay more attention i think, the only way we are going to get out of the relegation zone is like you say to win 2 or 3 games but there needs to be some changes made up front to put the chances away and subs to be used at right time. Frustration not little faith. ;)
parceldave

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:57 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
No slur on young scott but I think without Roche between the sticks I can see more of the same, We might have to score 5 or 6 each game to guarantee a win.

So slur apart from you think he's rubbish? :lol:
campdave

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:07 pm

but there needs to be some changes made up front to put the chances away and subs to be used at right time.[quote][/quote]

So who exactly will put the chances away? - I agree Sammy's substitutions or lack of them at times do puzzle but with the squad we have I can't think of many occasions I would have gone much different up front - I think Mullins is by far the best option as he is proven at this level and with Craney & Jevons stepping down a division and Twiss starting to show some of his past form - you can't seriously suggest the answer to our lack of goals lies outside these 4.....can you
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Despite having not seen the past 3 games, I think our problem as a team is that when our passing mentality doesn't work in the first 60 minutes or so, we get impatient and lump it up front in a hope of grabbing a result. Whilst there may be a need for fresh legs in the form of Duffy/Curtis/Taylor in that period of the game, IMO we should be sticking to our principles and having faith that they will come good. I know we're not Man Utd but they are famous for getting results right at the death, and whilst slightly lenient timekeeping might come into it, it's because as a team they've had a winning mentality drilled into them and know that if they keep working, the results will come.
Harry

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm

campdave wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:

So slur apart from you think he's rubbish? :lol:

Not at all :o
We're going to need Barry's experience & heroics in goal to have any chance of moving up this league and at a time when we looked to be turning a corner,
Our defence will need bolstering until Barry returns but it's going to be tough going now.
HALMA 1983

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Barry is the best Keeper in League 2

Scott is a very enthusiastic L2 reserves keeper.

Will give Scott my full support while he is deputising but he is not first choice keeper.

Barry will leave a big hole at the back as he is a colossus of a man between the sticks.

Scott will do his best, Sammy will know his limitations and cut our cloth accordingly to protect him.

Hope Barry recovers quickly!
Mark S

Postby matty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 pm

number of chances we missed especially mullin
Its all in the hips.
matty

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion