eggchaser

Re: Ex Liverpool Youth on Trial

Postby parkyboy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:24 pm

read bradford res 1 morecambe reserves 0
parkyboy

Postby Christies Child » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Scored a penalty in tonights 2-1 reserve win v Oldham
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby maccawozzagod » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:34 pm

he has been to most of our games this season in with the fans. Apparently he wants to sign for us due to the big scouse contingent but as we are under embargo for the foreseeable future we have no chance of signing him til probably January.

Lots of our fans like him but I never took to him. He'll run all day and has a decent turn of pace, his problem seems to be scoring goals though! Like someone else said though, he hasn't ever been anywhere long enough to settle in and gain some confidence. BUt when we had him last year there was him,Symes and Mullin none of whom were goal poachers. With Mullin gone there would possibly be room for another none scoring forward but I reckon we are over blessed with attackers.

He'll do alright though when he finally lays his hat down somewhere.
maccawozzagod

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:59 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:he has been to most of our games this season in with the fans. Apparently he wants to sign for us due to the big scouse contingent but as we are under embargo for the foreseeable future we have no chance of signing him til probably January.

Lots of our fans like him but I never took to him. He'll run all day and has a decent turn of pace, his problem seems to be scoring goals though! Like someone else said though, he hasn't ever been anywhere long enough to settle in and gain some confidence. BUt when we had him last year there was him,Symes and Mullin none of whom were goal poachers. With Mullin gone there would possibly be room for another none scoring forward but I reckon we are over blessed with attackers.

worth a one year deal in january, as there's no saying on the future of Jevons after his loan deal and could we afford him
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:he has been to most of our games this season in with the fans. Apparently he wants to sign for us due to the big scouse contingent but as we are under embargo for the foreseeable future we have no chance of signing him til probably January.

we arn't under any embargo :?
heysham_mfc

Postby marky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 pm

He supports Accrington!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:10 pm

marky wrote:He supports Accrington!

ah thought he was talking about us but read it again :roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby stantheman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Only seen him twice and he scored in both.
One for Carlisle when they played here and one against Oldham last night.

Looks like he just needs a break as you say.
stantheman

Postby eggchaser » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:47 am

he might be an ideal replacement for PJ if Huddersfield decide to sell him to someone in january (hopefully not though! :shock: )
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Christies Child » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 am

IF PJ goes in January and it's a big IF then Sammy will be looking for an experienced and proven replacement.

Personally I can't see PJ going as with PM alongside him they will collectively score goals and for that reason Sammy will expect the Board to back his judgement, as they have largely done so to date.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion