scalehallshrimp

Re: yesterdays gate

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:52 am

the gates looked just the same to me still silver :D
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 am

heysham_mfc wrote:the gates looked just the same to me still silver :D

I posted this pic last week but although Southends gates are'nt silver they do have shrimps on
sarthendshrimps.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 pm

1 win in 11 games says it all. The part-timers wont come if we arent winning games and challenging for promotion, fact, sad, but true.

We'll always have a hardcore 1600-1800 home fans who will turn up week in week out, for a club of our size I'd say thats okay.
Crooky MFC

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:We'll always have a hardcore 1600-1800 home fans who will turn up week in week out, for a club of our size I'd say thats okay.

Out of that hardcore how many are concessions?
Plain Peter

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Peter wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:We'll always have a hardcore 1600-1800 home fans who will turn up week in week out, for a club of our size I'd say thats okay.

Out of that hardcore how many are concessions?

Not sure what your angle is Peter. A sly dig at those who don't earn enough to pay tax (students), or those that have topped up the system throughout working life (OAP's)? If the former the fans of the future who might be put of by the price, if the later supporters who have more than likely contributed to our past. Or are you after another hand-out?
RedRedWine1

Postby marky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Methinks he's after another handout ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bill ding » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Whats more worrying is even "Christie the cooking fat" didnt even bother to turn up.Maybe it was his shift driving the MFC bus :o
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:07 am

RedRedWine wrote:Not sure what your angle is Peter. A sly dig at those who don't earn enough to pay tax (students), or those that have topped up the system throughout working life (OAP's)? If the former the fans of the future who might be put of by the price, if the later supporters who have more than likely contributed to our past. Or are you after another hand-out?

Why should I have a sly dig?
I'm all for concessions.
All I'm interested in is getting bums onseats.
It's obvious that the success of the team isn't having the desired effect on the local community.
There are people out there who are just as deserving of a concession as those you mention.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:56 pm

bill ding wrote:Whats more worrying is even "Christie the cooking fat" didnt even bother to turn up.Maybe it was his shift driving the MFC bus :o

I think he was more likely to be watching the Mascots Grand National. The Stag won it this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki3FXJQo ... ature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-xu9JO ... re=related
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:33 am

Dont think the board of directors will be happy with only 2100 especially when they have quite a large wage bill to keep covering - even barnet got more than us which is quite worrying
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:39 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:Dont think the board of directors will be happy with only 2100 especially when they have quite a large wage bill to keep covering - even barnet got more than us which is quite worrying

Yet our season average is still bigger than Barnet's.

Not surprised Barnet's is up - they're in the best position they've been, probably since they got promoted from the Conference.
campdave

Postby sgt major » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:39 am

Just a point regarding the mascot and not a dig at the club. why does he/she not attend every home game????? I don't think I've been to an away match where their mascot has been absent without leave!!!!!!
sgt major

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:29 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:Dont think the board of directors will be happy with only 2100 especially when they have quite a large wage bill to keep covering - even barnet got more than us which is quite worrying

Welcome back John, Rod B is missing you! ;)
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:36 am

sgt major wrote:Just a point regarding the mascot and not a dig at the club. why does he/she not attend every home game????? I don't think I've been to an away match where their mascot has been absent without leave!!!!!!

I don't believe Christie is "employed" and has other commitments so on that basis he can do what he wants ;) He got rather bruised getting out of the bus so it took a lot out of him. I'm sure his minder will be a whisker away with the answer 8-)
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion