Watch out CC and the Saga Crew!

Watch out CC and the Saga Crew!

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:02 pm

http://www.thelancasterandmorecambeciti ... _any_more/

Looks as though they are on to me about my 'so called' aggresive behaviour!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

..and all because we (that's the Saga Crew) give the opposition bench some 'stick'...from time to time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Watch out CC and the Saga Crew!

Postby slackAlice » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:32 pm

by booting out swearing supporters who turn the air blue.

I wonder what they'll do with 'swearing players' then ??? My lad [aged 8] could'nt believe his ears last night; three 'individual' Morecambe players, experienced first teamers, one when he landed in a heap [I think I might of said 'clucking bell' there] . Another I thought was a bit OTT @ the referee 3 X - not even a booking ????????? :o The other was when a ball didn't land where it was expected ?
It was'nt as if I was listening for it neither ??? I suppose thats the referee's job , but is it realistic to expect supporters to stop swearing when they can hear players using it ? OR is it realistic to expect supporters & players to stop swearing full stop. DISCUSS.

Incidently , its the only 'jip' I get off my better half on the very rare occasions he uses swear words and gets a rollicking , and says he's heard it at the football !
slackAlice

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:01 pm

If a referee gives an appauling decision, people swear at him, if the linesman gives an appauling decision, people swear at him. If an opposition player is overweight, people swear at him. It's part of the game and will never go away. End of story
Bare Ben

Postby Mark S » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Not end of story at all Ben.

It is a Football League initiative The Club have signed up to it and I would expect it to be enforced in all areas (including on the pitch)

Not sure how far they will take it and it depends on the Club's viewpoint of What is unnaceptable language and aggressive behaviour.

Personally bad language at football doesnt bother me unless it is gratuitous and making people around feel uncomfy, but others have a different veiw and take offence at what is meant to be a family sport.

Having said that, I will never forget my then six year old lad asking me what a w**ker was.

More details here http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/EnjoyTheMatch/0,,10794~1354350,00.html

Interesting to see how this develops, but I would not ignore it.
Mark S

Postby morecambe TID » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:46 pm

even if we wanted to sign the pledge - dosent it actually help if we were on the league 2 list ???
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Postby slackAlice » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Things may have to change on this one [Swearing] and who hasn't sworn [is that a word] @ a Footy match ???? Hand on heart ? For some people its one of the reasons they go! But who else has taken young children , say under 7 , and felt uncomfortable with the language around them? Its one thing being on a 'Beano' with the lads singing 'do you take it up the **** anon ..it only weighs a quarter of a pound'. But that isn't for most people and it will impact on families -no two ways about it. My eldest daughter won't go to football matches anymore and one of the reasons is the foul language - "so what" you might say - but there'll be a lot of others that feel the same.

But we are a long way off cleaning up the terraces , a long way. But who'd of thought 20 years ago that there'd be NO SMOKING bans in stadiums ? The first thing they will have to look at though - is foul and abusive language on the pitch - especially when its gratuitous and at the officials for a decision. I mean when I started going to football matches racist remarks were common place and chanted en mass. If 'people' were faced with getting thrown out or lengthy bans for persistenly using foul language - things might change ?
Me personally , I sit 'uncomfortably' on the fence with this one - I mean there's not a right lot wrong with a bit of bl**dying & blasting , but some chants are unacceptable if you've got young children in tow. You would'nt accept it if you were at the Cinema / restaraunt/ show as a family - should the football match be any different or should it be an exception - the one place you can just let rip and swear as much as you want ????
slackAlice

Postby stoyles » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:02 pm

it's part of the english language and i don't see what the problem is, it's only foul when individuals choose to take that way. I do agree that if it is used aggressively it needs to be delt with but there is a differance.
stoyles

Postby Aal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 pm

I too heard some of the language on the pitch last night and was shocked as it was coming from players representing our team. There's no way that team mates should be effing and blinding each other when a pass goes astray. I share the concern over bad language as a parent of two young lads who love Morecambe. I don't want to have to make excuses to them for the low IQ of fans, players and managers who can't express themselves more eloquently.

It's a part of the game that I detest with a passion, it's really hard to respect people who use foul language aimed at officials especially. I mean can you imagine the anarchy if a referee swore at a player who dropped a clanger, and say called him a w**ker when he missed a pen or if a linesman made a rude gesture with his flag at a striker caught 25 yards offside.

I stand near the dugout a lot and some managers are worse than others but the likes of Mark Lillis lead the way in showing exemplary behaviour.

So come on folks let's show a bit more class in the way we support our team. :P :P
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby marky » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Speaking for myself, I find some of the chants that include swear words totally unnecessary. Cleaning up the terraces is a good start, but it has to be seen on the pitch too. If Rugby players of either code of the game swear, they either get a warning or sin binned. If tennis players swear, they get a code violation warning. If cricketers swear at an umpire, they get reported to the match referee and could easily get a fine or even a ban depending on the nature of the offence. I don't see why football players should be any different.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby harry-g » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Anyone Know How I Can See The Picture Off The Citezen In Larger, Because I Think One Of Those Speech Bubbles Is Pointing At Me :lol:
harry-g

Postby skyecat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

At the Lancaster match last week, Twissy was running down the left wing onto a through ball and he was caught off side - his exclamation? ....."oh no!"

At the time, my cousin and I were thinking that if it was was either of us who were running onto that ball and it was a fine ball too, we would have been saying a bit more than "oh no!"
Lack of determination, confidence or passion on behalf of Twissy or a restrained and polite showing of his disappointment?
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby marky » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Is it necessary to swear to show passion?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 am

OF COURSE IT FU...

No.

Times and attitudes change. If someone began a racist chant at football now, not only would they be thrown out, the majority of fans would point them out to stewards or police, and rightly so.

Football used to be a 'bloke' event, where guys would get together and vent their frustrations at the end of the week. Swearing was practically encouraged. Now it is much more family orientated. If it is offensive to some people, in particular those who have young families, then yes, it should be stopped.

Ultimately it can also come down to hard finance. If the swearing keeps some people away, then the club is paying for people to swear. I've had my moments of 'venting' frustrations in the past. I don't enjoy my football less because I (generally :roll: ) don't swear now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 am

harry-g wrote:Anyone Know How I Can See The Picture Off The Citezen In Larger, Because I Think One Of Those Speech Bubbles Is Pointing At Me :lol:

Same here :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:51 am

Its on the front of The Citizen.
Morecamber

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Although I think this is a great idea and that anything that encourages more families to Christie Park is a good thing, I hope that it's the repeat offender that gets targetted rather than anybody at all who swears.

swearing is a part of modern day language and although I don't condone it's flagrant use towards other fans or players or refs I think you would have to be very naieve to think it can be stampped out completely.

I will try my upmost to bite my tongue in future but I'm affraid I can't promise one little expletive my pop out now and again.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Its not going to stop when people who start songs off sometimes there are swear words in them
like the ref is a xxxxxx
who the fXcking hell are you
or mayby the do you take it up the arse one

then maybe if people hear that alot bringing there children there going to say no not going because of the language
mfcboy

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Just to add to that

Your sh** and you know you are
Your sh** and you know you are etc etc

Lancashire is wonderfull,
Its got t***, F**** and Morecambe etc etc

If you think about it there are quite a few songs we would need to either stop singing or reword for this initiative to really work.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:33 pm

yes but it is never going to happen those songs will allways be sang and not stoped for a fact
i addmit i sang those songs last season and may sing them again this season but what are people going to say to it if they could not sing certain songs like that there is allways going to be swearing in football
because of the ref
another player
linesmen
or whatever
its never going to stop
mfcboy

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:45 pm

I think the point is that we make an effort.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Did anyone see Stan Collymore physically attack the ref last night in the England v Scotland Legends match on ITV4 :shock: :shock: totally out of order and he didnt get sent off :!:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Did anyone see Stan Collymore physically attack the ref last night in the England v Scotland Legends match on ITV4 :shock: :shock: totally out of order and he didnt get sent off :!:

Just what you'd expect from a self confessed wife beater.

found this clip on You Tube of some of his Forrest Goals, The music is very Apt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clEpIGEtDzg
North Stand Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:12 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Just what you'd expect from a self confessed wife beater.

is this her with very large bruises?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... nsson.html

(sorry to quote the Mail again DS but could'nt find it in the beano :lol: )
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Just to add to that

If you think about it there are quite a few songs we would need to either stop singing or reword for this initiative to really work.

You're pants and you know you are
Your pants and you know you are etc etc

Oh Lancashire, is wonderful.
It's got great teams like Morecambe,.....

Those are the versions I sing when at footy.
Even when I had the drum I sang those, so in fact everyone who sung different were wrong!
morecambe mick

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:22 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:Just to add to that

You're pants and you know you are
Your pants and you know you are etc etc

Oh Lancashire, is wonderful.
It's got great teams like Morecambe,.....

Those are the versions I sing when at footy.
Even when I had the drum I sang those, so in fact everyone who sung different were wrong!

HAha we all make mistakes dont we
mfcboy

Next

Return to General Discussion