Re: "Paul in Heysham" on Radio Lancs

Postby Bare bum » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Don't answer him Campdave that'll show him....... awwwwwwwwwwwwww
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 pm

id give SM a bit more time, out of decency

we have some games coming up against bottom table teams 6-pointers then question SM after them

Coca-Cola Football League Two
Morecambe v Shrewsbury, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 10 October 2009
Aldershot v Morecambe, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 17 October 2009
Torquay v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 24 October 2009
Morecambe v Northampton, 15:00

Saturday, 31 October 2009
Morecambe v Lincoln City, 15:00

Saturday, 14 November 2009
Crewe v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 21 November 2009
Morecambe v Cheltenham, 15:00

Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Darlington v Morecambe, 19:45

George Dawes

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Paul in Heysham wrote:"Sammy McIlroy has taken us as far as he can"...

Paul in Heysham is therefore an idiot.
durhamshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:24 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:
Paul in Heysham wrote:"Sammy McIlroy has taken us as far as he can"...

Paul in Heysham is therefore an idiot.

I second that
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:57 pm

'Yet another draw' is certainly frustrating and so is our league position, but considering we have Aldershot and Torquay coming up in the next couple of weeks and the fact we're only 3 points from 12th, I'm confident we're about to hit a good run of form.

One word - faith.
Harry

Postby marky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Why the hell anyone thinks the Aldershot match is gonna be any easier is beyond me. They've had an impressive start to the season and we underestimate them at our peril!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:06 pm

marky wrote:Why the hell anyone thinks the Aldershot match is gonna be any easier is beyond me. They've had an impressive start to the season and we underestimate them at our peril!

I agree, another draw next week will be acceptable too. Then we get a run of games that we need to start getting wins from. I can see us putting a run of perhaps four wins on the trot after Aldershot, then (if we draw next week) everyone will be saying how great we are going 13 games unbeaten!

Fickle Morecambe fans? Never! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby fletch_al » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:07 pm

marky wrote:Why the hell anyone thinks the Aldershot match is gonna be any easier is beyond me. They've had an impressive start to the season and we underestimate them at our peril!

its more that they are relatively easier than the last few matches we've had. it is by no means a certain win
fletch_al

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:15 pm

It is worth noting that Torquay, Northampton, Lincoln and Darlington will also see playing US as an opportunity for them to gain some points ;)

We have done well over the last month, let's just keep our nerve over the next one and benefit from the seeds we have sowed 8-)

The last thing we need is Howeleween on the 31st :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:39 pm

DawZi wrote:id give SM a bit more time, out of decency

we have some games coming up against bottom table teams 6-pointers then question SM after them

Morecambe v Shrewsbury, 15:00

Saturday, 10 October 2009
Aldershot v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 17 October 2009
Torquay v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 24 October 2009
Morecambe v Northampton, 15:00

Saturday, 31 October 2009
Morecambe v Lincoln City, 15:00

Saturday, 14 November 2009
Crewe v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 21 November 2009
Morecambe v Cheltenham, 15:00

Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Darlington v Morecambe, 19:45

Well there's another 8pts then. :D
parceldave

Postby marky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:22 pm

fletch_al wrote:its more that they are relatively easier than the last few matches we've had. it is by no means a certain win

I'm afraid I don't agree. They've been in and around the play-off places since the season began.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby fletch_al » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:37 pm

marky wrote:
fletch_al wrote:its more that they are relatively easier than the last few matches we've had. it is by no means a certain win

I'm afraid I don't agree. They've been in and around the play-off places since the season began.

yeh but they're not notts county, rotheram, dagenam or shrewsbury who are all curently in the top 5. we've played all those teams over our last 5 matches and we've gained points. they are harder teams than aldershot.
fletch_al

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:18 pm

fletch_al wrote:
marky wrote:

yeh but they're not notts county, rotheram, dagenam or shrewsbury who are all curently in the top 5. we've played all those teams over our last 5 matches and we've gained points. they are harder teams than aldershot.

even though a win would be great a draw would not be such a bad result they are up there around the play offs after all
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Abbo wrote:Campdave
i can think of 1 game in particular that we should have won at home......... Rochdale ring any bells ?????????????????????

Absolutely right. And, IMO, you can add Hereford and Shrewsbury to that. We should have sewn up all three of those games, judging by the way we dominated them for long periods.

The point, though, is we PLAYED WELL in those games in order to dominate those games and you're not giving the team or the manager any credit for that.

We also played well at Rotherham, Chesterfield and Daggers to get good points from matches that fans of all those three clubs will tell you THEY should have won - again no credit for that from people who only pick up on the negatives.

We DO need to turn draws from good displays into wins, no-one will argue with you about that.

And we do need to start doing it by being more adventurous away from home against sides we shouldn't be frightened of AND ensuring we turn our dominance into three points more at home.

But, again, BEFORE Saturday's match I'd have taken a point - the fact that we played well enough to have deserved all three is - in my mind - a very positive comment on the way our team has shaped up in the last few weeks.

Good - but could be better and I hope and expect it WILL be in coming weeks.

I think we may have one or two unexpected defeats but WILL pick up more wins as well (just to keep parceldave happy!)

;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion