Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 1 Drummie (25th min)

Re: Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 1 Drummie (25th min)

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:23 pm

fletch_al wrote:i dont see anything wrong with the way we are playing. the last 8 games hav been agaisnt top ten teams. we hav taken what we can and im sure when we play the weaker teams results will start coming in

Not playing like that we won't. Shrewsbury were nothing special at all and we asked no questions of them at all.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:25 pm

fletch_al wrote:i dont see anything wrong with the way we are playing. the last 8 games hav been agaisnt top ten teams. we hav taken what we can and im sure when we play the weaker teams results will start coming in

we seem to hold our own when playing the top teams and fall flat with the lower ones as in the past

21st isnt looking good

if grimsby win and we lose itl be 22nd
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:35 pm

we really should have won this today,adams getting sent off means we now have even fewer defenders,hunter superb today but what has happened to craney,poor against bradford and again today.They did not look any better than us depsaite being 4th in the taBLE
scalehallshrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Lets face it we've played the harder teams in the league and we havn't lost in ages! YEs we have only one won and drawn more than any other team in history but now is not the time to worry, if we carry on drawing and losing in the 'easier' fixtures then you can worry. Were a bottom half team right now so every point is a good one, especially against a team who have won 4 games in a row.....every team we play right now seems to be in fantastic form.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm

good point yes we could and should have won it but we were up against a good side on top form anyway I would have taken that agaist shrewsbury I think we can get a result at Aldershot next week if we play well enough
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:No plan B
No width
No shot on target in the 2nd half, in fact their keeper could have had the day off.
One win in 11 games
No wonder crowds are down.

One win in 11 games! God we could end up with a fantastic new ground playing non-league football.

Sort it out Sammy, Morecambe should not be producing that kind of football at Christie Park.

You must have been at a different game to me, i thought we deserved all three points, the first ten minutes or so we were all over the place but after that we dominated the rest of the half, second half was a bit more equal but i would say we still had the better of it.

You say there was no width, well i thought both Hunter and Wilson did a great job in the wide areas, just goes to show how we all see the game differently, and how can you say Shrewsbury are nothing special, their not in 5th place for no reason, but you can only play as well as the opposition let you.
It is frustrating not winning games but look at the sides we have played.
steve mfc

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:52 pm

how can you say Shrewsbury are nothing special

Because they weren't? You can't say we played well, for a home side to only have two shots on target sums it up pretty well. Yes Hunter played very well and must have covered some miles up and down that flank. However its not the same as having a winger who can beat his man, or at least give Hunter someone to double up with.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby NeilG » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Same old people moaning and groaning about the team instead of supporting it :roll:
NeilG

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Thought parrish was fantastic today.
campdave

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:05 pm

NeilG wrote:Same old people moaning and groaning about the team instead of supporting it :roll:

Who's moaning? I'm just pointing out the fact that so far this season we have not been good enough. 11 games in the table doesn't lie. It's all well and good saying easier games are on the way. We could get sucked into a position where no games are easy.

I just feel that at home we should be taking the game to teams more, nobody should be happy with only 2 shots on target. I bet Sammy isn't for sure.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
NeilG wrote:Same old people moaning and groaning about the team instead of supporting it :roll:

Who's moaning? I'm just pointing out the fact that so far this season we have not been good enough. 11 games in the table doesn't lie. It's all well and good saying easier games are on the way. We could get sucked into a position where no games are easy.

I just feel that at home we should be taking the game to teams more, nobody should be happy with only 2 shots on target. I bet Sammy isn't for sure.

Your moaning, you've poited out your crappy facts and your doom and gloom version of the game and not tried to make anything good come of it. Fact: we got a point, they are a better team so its a good point, we went down to ten men first even thought the game ended 10 men each it's still a good point and the defence seem more solid.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby USA Shrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Their own radio coverage were painting us as by the far the dominant side - seemed like we should could have scored 3 or 4.
USA Shrimp

Postby fletch_al » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:27 pm

ezz wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

Your moaning, you've poited out your crappy facts and your doom and gloom version of the game and not tried to make anything good come of it. Fact: we got a point, they are a better team so its a good point, we went down to ten men first even thought the game ended 10 men each it's still a good point and the defence seem more solid.

wel said!
fletch_al

Postby steve mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:34 pm

USA Shrimp wrote:Their own radio coverage were painting us as by the far the dominant side - seemed like we should could have scored 3 or 4.

Well that backs up how most people have seen the game, and that's from the opposition's view point.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 pm

campdave wrote:Thought parrish was fantastic today.

that he was.
George Dawes

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:43 pm

your crappy facts

No the facts from the game, nothing to do with me.

they are a better team so its a good point

No their not. We have and will have to play against teams much better than that.

we went down to ten men first

And? A few minutes later it was 10 each.

Trust me I have seen much worse Morecambe performance than todays. Having seen us in the old Unibond days you won't here me moan at all during a game. Today we could have and should have taken the game to them more.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:48 pm

at home games id like to see either Duffy or Wainwringht at right wingback and basically be more attacking both them can run with the ball have the pace to track back as-well

and id like to see substitutions made a lot early bringing both Curtis & Twissy on was a very good move but way to late
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:16 pm

The first ten minutes was the worst football i have ever seen, it looked like nobody cared, picked up after that and really should have picked up the win.

Still lacking concentration at the back with Jimbo in no mans land alot of the time. Wilson and Hunter men of the match for me, closely followed by Jevons.

Sammy Mcilroy needs to use his subs much much earlier, when we are at home we should be all guna blazing not giving his subs 5 minutes at the end, absolutely pathetic.

Also at the end there was no urgency it was like we was playing for the draw, i don't care who the hell we play in this league, we should be trying to win the games at home and i'm afraid they didn't do that today.
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
your crappy facts

No the facts from the game, nothing to do with me.

they are a better team so its a good point

No their not. We have and will have to play against teams much better than that.

we went down to ten men first

And? A few minutes later it was 10 each.

Trust me I have seen much worse Morecambe performance than todays. Having seen us in the old Unibond days you won't here me moan at all during a game. Today we could have and should have taken the game to them more.

Yes Shrewsbury are a better team thats why they are 5th and we are 21st.
We went down to 10 men first so Sammy had to change the tactics to consolidate the point, when their guy got sent off there was no advantage in changing the tactics again.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:42 pm

good to see Wilson and Hunter come in for some praise
i thought we were the better team today and could have won the game
I thought they were top two picks for me today
Stew took his goal really well
Thought Ian Craney got better second half and thought Phillips pullde off a fine save from his shot in the second half
lets hope for six points from the next two games potential wins there that would take us towards the top half in no time
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:22 pm

on paper Shrewbury are the better team and should have won today but it never works out like that does it we should have won today we need to try to put chances away and kill a game off same happened against Bradford and Notts county we can create loads of chances but we just can't seem to put the ball in the back of the net
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:12 pm

campdave wrote:Thought parrish was fantastic today.

Man of the match for me today
Blackburn shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 pm

If you put our scenario of the last few weeks in the premier league, it's like Hull City beating Chealsea, drawing with Man United, Aston Villa and Arsenal.....if i was a Hull fan i'd be pretty happy.

But im just talking Bo*****s
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:02 pm

ezz wrote:it's like Hull City... ...if i was a Hull fan i'd be pretty happy.

Ah, but a lot of our fans think we're Liverpool! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:03 am

But want us to be playing football like Arsenal :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion