"Paul in Heysham" on Radio Lancs

"Paul in Heysham" on Radio Lancs

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:26 pm

"Sammy McIlroy has taken us as far as he can"...

Sounds like we had a good game today, we played well at Rotherham when they were top of the league, easily beat money bags Notts County, very level against Bradford... is it really wrist cutting time?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: "Paul in Heysham" on Radio Lancs

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Paul is a long time foe of Sammy....get real mate!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Christies Child wrote:Paul is a long time foe of Sammy....get real mate!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:

I agree CC, but didn't you say something similar not too long ago???
John L

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Have a look at the league table !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby fletch_al » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:14 pm

21st looks bad but we are only 3 points of being 12th
fletch_al

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:36 pm

But to get them 3 points we have to win a game !!!!!! and on that second half performance doesnt look like happening
Abbo

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Abbo wrote:Have a look at the league table !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a look at who we've played. Reallistically, after the last five matches do you think we should have done better. We've had a good run recently against some very difficult teams.
campdave

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm

It doesnt matter how you try to gloss it over we are 21st in the league with 1 win in 11 games, 3 points off the bottom 2 places
Abbo

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Keith wrote:"Sammy McIlroy has taken us as far as he can"...

hope not we have got Torquay away in 2 weeks
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Abbo wrote:It doesnt matter how you try to gloss it over we are 21st in the league with 1 win in 11 games, 3 points off the bottom 2 places

I'm not glossing over anything. We should have started the season better.

We didn't. However, we've improve dramatically since then and it's unfortunate it coincided with some very tough games. Keep playing like we are and we'll be climbing the table when we start having more winnable games.

Again, do you think we should have got more points against the title contenders we've been playing recently?
campdave

Postby NeilG » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:09 pm

I also believe that we will climb the table in the coming weeks and will be reminding those moaners and complainers when we do, I've never read so much drivel on here for a long time, how they have the nerve to call themselves supporters is beyond me :roll:
NeilG

Postby Bare bum » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:11 pm

It doesnt matter how you try to gloss it over we are 21st in the league with 1 win in 11 games, 3 points off the bottom 2 places

It doesn't matter how you try to matt it over, we are 3 points off twelfth, we've only lost 2 games (nobody in the league betters that), we're unbeaten at home, we're, in part, playing some of the best football I've seen at Christie Park for years, we've just gone unbeaten against Chesterfield, Rotherham and Dagenham away and Rochdale, Notts County and Shrewsbury at home - even the most optimistic supporters couldn't see an unbeaten run through that. We'll start moving up the table soon enough, have faith and support the team. We'll do OK.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:11 pm

NeilG wrote:I also believe that we will climb the table in the coming weeks and will be reminding those moaners and complainers when we do, I've never read so much drivel on here for a long time, how they have the nerve to call themselves supporters is beyond me :roll:

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 pm :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Abbo wrote:It doesnt matter how you try to gloss it over we are 21st in the league with 1 win in 11 games, 3 points off the bottom 2 places

Noones glossing anything over, your just being Pessimistic Pete!!
If were still 21st after another 5-10 games then you can worry....but its still not in the relelgation zone :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Campdave
i can think of 1 game in particular that we should have won at home......... Rochdale ring any bells ?????????????????????
Abbo

Postby NeilG » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:24 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
NeilG wrote:I also believe that we will climb the table in the coming weeks and will be reminding those moaners and complainers when we do, I've never read so much drivel on here for a long time, how they have the nerve to call themselves supporters is beyond me :roll:

You think that's how long i've been a supporter ? Try 94/95 season, how about you ?
NeilG

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Abbo wrote:Campdave
i can think of 1 game in particular that we should have won at home......... Rochdale ring any bells ?????????????????????

so we should have two more points than we do? Disaster.
campdave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 pm

NeilG wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

You think that's how long i've been a supporter ? Try 94/95 season, how about you ?

on the forum :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 pm

We started badly - theres no denying that but recently, we've picked up points away at Daggers, Rotherham and Chesterfield as well as at home to Notts county, Bradford, Rochdale and Shrewsbury. You couldn't realistically ask for that much more considering the opposition. When we've played some poor teams at home and still can't win matches, I'll start to worry as well but I've been pleased with the teams performance recently.
james456

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Answer for everything havnt you !!!!!!!!!!!! be a bit of a pisser if those 2 dropped points come back to haunt us at the end of the season wont it, but i suppose you'll have an answer then
Abbo

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:35 pm

my last post was intended for campdave by the way
Abbo

Postby fletch_al » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Abbo wrote:Answer for everything havnt you !!!!!!!!!!!! be a bit of a pisser if those 2 dropped points come back to haunt us at the end of the season wont it, but i suppose you'll have an answer then

we cant worry about 2 points lost. im sure there'll be a game where it works the other way around and we get 3 points when we didnt deserve it

it may make the difference at the end of the season but theres nothing anyone can do about it now. just got to move on and hope it doesnt happen again.

as for campdave having an answer for everything, its probably because your determined to moan about each little thing whilst refusing to look at the big picture
fletch_al

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Abbo wrote:Answer for everything havnt you !!!!!!!!!!!! be a bit of a pisser if those 2 dropped points come back to haunt us at the end of the season wont it, but i suppose you'll have an answer then

if two points are the difference it'll be because we haven't been good enough over the season, not a decision or result of one match.

As for an "answer for everything", I don't see why I shouldn't be able to give my point of view, whether or not you agree with it.
campdave

Postby Abbo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Campdave
it works both ways pal xx
Abbo

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Abbo wrote:Campdave
it works both ways pal xx

Of course it does, as it should. Just your last comment made it sound like you were basically calling me a smartarse.
campdave

Next

Return to General Discussion