Commentary team

Commentary team

Postby Aspers » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Loud and clear 8-)
Aspers

Re: Commentary team

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Very quiet today. My laptop turned up to full volume and the only way I heard the goal was the Shrew's commentary team.
Rob

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 pm

FFS! Here we go again :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Wilson with his left foot" [silence...]

Now listening to the Shrewsbury stream which is working fine??? :evil:

Wonder how many people will take up the free 14 day offer and decide this isn't worth the money? :evil:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Keith

Why dont you contact Lance through his IMS?
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Intergalactic Mindreading Suppository?

(Morecambe player has been as flakey as the commentary this afternoon)
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:42 pm

'cause I don't have IMS?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Bay » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Looks like a wiring issue to the ISDN, bare with it if you're listening to it!!!
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby Gnasher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Who's kicked it out of the socket?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Only a suggestion. :roll:
Mark S

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 pm

bearing in mind it was the same on Tuesday, when the Bradford commentary worked fine, could I suggest we use their cable next time? If it was a free service, it would be frustrating but this is a paid for service failing twice in two games :?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Mark S wrote:Only a suggestion. :roll:

only answering :D

Sorry if that sounded snotty! :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:57 pm

The Bay wrote:...bare with it if you're listening to it!!!

How will we know if it is working again? :roll:

Any chance of an update if it looks like it's on air again, please?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Bay » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Try it now....we've plugged it into my spare ISDN socket and are using a different lead! If it's still not working it must be a Morecambe Player issue.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby Farnsfield Shrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Just spoke to Sean on the phone. He is very apologetic and thinks it could be a problem at their end as at his end it shows everything should be working. Please be patient. Sean is as frustrated as all us exiles, I can assure you! Will post if it comes on in windy Nottinghamshire!
Last edited by Farnsfield Shrimp on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farnsfield Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:13 pm

The Bay wrote:Try it now....we've plugged it into my spare ISDN socket and are using a different lead! If it's still not working it must be a Morecambe Player issue.

Nope, just keeps saying "connecting to stream" Shrewsbury Player working fine. Incidentely, you can let them know their commentary is coming across very well and balanced!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby quinny » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 pm

I've just sent an e-mail to the host company saying we are not happy with the service but please don't blame Sean and Lance they are doing their best.
Quinny
quinny

Postby Farnsfield Shrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Morecambe Player is back on! Well done Sean and Lance!
Farnsfield Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:43 pm

quinny wrote:I've just sent an e-mail to the host company saying we are not happy with the service but please don't blame Sean and Lance they are doing their best.
Quinny

Thanks for that Derek

Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Keith wrote:FFS! Here we go again :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Wilson with his left foot" [silence...]

Now listening to the Shrewsbury stream which is working fine??? :evil:

Wonder how many people will take up the free 14 day offer and decide this isn't worth the money? :evil:

Rather than make remarks like this Keith it would be better if you can contact us here directly at the club so we can deal with the issue. just in case it does happen again but hopefully not
Ive read some of the personal comments on here and have to say I'm disappointed

Ive just got back in from the game so here goes.......

I did receive a message from Julian Wilson that after 35 minutes of our uninterrupted first half commentary he lost covergae and couldnt get us back
We also received an msn message throughinteractive message service from fletch al who couldnt get in

by this time we're mid commentary(bear this in mind as Aspers heard us warming up at 246pm
so no wrong cables nothing wrong withthe equipment at all. Ive been doing this two seasons now and pretty much up to speed with what's involved

Weve successfully covered all the matches home and away on player this season and on morecambe world last season

At the moment there is an excellent 14 day trial period free for those who havent already subscribed to find ou tmore about wha they can get for their money.

Derek sent an email to the PERFORM technical team immediately the problem became known to inform them the service being provided to us was inadequate. PERFORM who host the streams on the premium sites eventually rectified the problem at their end so we were able to continue in the second half

Lance and Steve will be at Aldershot to bring you full commentary and the interactive service were trying to build up all through Lance's very hard work who I must say did another excellent job today.We are both frustrated and very disappointed that you were not able to get full coverage today and we will take every step to ensure that this will not happen again.

Thanks to everybody for your feedback and for your patience and understanding this afternoon.
Sean
ockers

Postby Gnasher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Ive read some of the personal comments on here and have to say I'm disappointed

As are people who have paid for a service they didn't get this afternoon. Mark suggested using IMS to contact you, Keith doesn't use IMS. Nor did you use IMS (via the Morecambe Player account) to let people know there was a problem when you knew. Eventually you used twitter but nothing on the official site. Yet again this forum was used to inform people of problems but you don't seem to like it being discussed. Keith & others were annoyed, good job you weren't in the chat room. You lost one subscriber who went to bed and two who were thinking of signing up for the trial but decided against it when they read it wasn't working.

The question is, if someone is having problems listening to your commentary, how are they supposed to let you know? How did Julian let you know? (I can guess that answer but I'm sure you don't want every subscriber to have your personal mobile number)
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 pm

ockers wrote:Rather than make remarks like this Keith it would be better if you can contact us here directly so we can deal with the issue. just in case it does happen again but hopefully not

To be fair Sean, I sent a PM on Tuesday with regards to the problems then but the PM didn't get picked up until after the match. As previously mentioned, I don't use I.M. or Twitter, so not much else I can do.

Also, I wasn't having a dig at anyone personally but at the end of the day, as a paying customer, it isn't unreasonable for me, to 'give feedback' or express frustration. I'm sure they won't have any problem with taking my direct debits?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:04 am

What the club need to grasp is that this is a commercial venture with customers paying specifically to listen to club commentary. Expecting paying customers to use their friends, unofficial forums, Twitter and windows live/messenger as communication tools is unprofessional. Stop thinking of the listeners as Oh, it's just Keith, Julian and Wayne and use the official site to provide an official service to it's customers.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:57 am

I think that is very harsh. Very unfair.

Sean has apologised and explained to his customers what happened and how they have put preventative steps in place.

Sean or the club has never expected 'paying customers to use their friends, unofficial forums, Twitter and windows live/messenger as communication tools'. What you are reffering to there is a suggestion I made as a freind to Keith as a communication tool to get a message to the commentary team who at that moment were blissfully unaware that anything was wrong (If you have equipment and it is properly set up, you expect it to work). I made that suggestion not as a spokesperson for MFC or on behalf as Sean, but just trying to be helpful to a freind. I was taken aback with the level of your sarcasm and bitterness. To suggest the club is unprofessional because of that is beyond belief. The IM service that Lance has put in place is in no shape or form official or part of any package that is part of Morecambe Player and I personally commend Lance (who is yet another volunteer working FOC) for his enthusiasm and efforts.

You quite clearly have personal issues with Sean which you should keep personal and off this forum.
Gnasher wrote:
Intergalactic Mindreading Suppository?
(Morecambe player has been as flakey as the commentary this afternoon)

If that is not personal, I dont know what is.

The trouble with personal spats is that it is damaging to the club and quite frankly looks from a distance pathetic.

Sorry but I cant sit back and watch you take a personal issue and and cast aspertions on individuals or the club, making accusations of unprofessionalism. Sean works very hard for the club and doesnt deserve a public slagging.

Sean or the club has never suggested that customers 'use their friends, unofficial forums, Twitter and windows live/messenger as communication tools'. If you can prove otherwise, fine, if not I would apologise as that is possibly libelous.
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 am

I suggest you all calm down and take some of these :)

chillpillF.gif

3 points will make it so much easier :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:21 pm

I agree entirely with Mark S (except when he said they were 'his [Sean's] customers') and think that this has been used as an opportunity for one individual to engage in Ockers-bashing in a highly personal and utterly unfair way.

The problems experienced yesterday were not Sean's fault but the service delivery company Perform Group who act on behalf of Football League Interactive who own the service. As shown yesterday streaming from Shrewsbury Town, exactly the same setup, worked perfectly fine. I'm sure Sean, the club and I will tell FLI and Perform to up their game as loss of service doesn't help them either as they take a revenue share.

Yet as soon as Sean was aware of the service going down he immediately acted to solve the problem, did what he could and thought right to solve it. This resulted in him contacting Perform who resolved the issue. There may be ways and means to improve how problems such as this are communicated to listeners. However it would be helpful if this was passed on in a positive way - as Keith has done - so it doesn't occur again. I'm sure Sean and/or the club will respond in kind and inform people of improvements.

Inevitably more could be done to improve Morecambe Player yet its a chicken and egg situation. To pay its way it needs at least 120 subscribers but to get to that point it needs the content to justify people buying it. So in the short-term it requires volunteers such as Sean, Lance, Freez and others to contribute their time to make podcasts, videos, do interviews to get it to a stage where it can standalone. Yet despite several requests from me no one has come forward to help on the official site or Player. I for one and am grateful to the likes of Sean, Quinny, Lance (whether you think they're perfect or not) and others who help the club out on a regular basis. Without them we'd be in a much sorrier state.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Next

Return to General Discussion