Darren Moss

Darren Moss

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm

I gotta be honest... I think he must get another chance soon. He just really hasn't proven himself yet. But i still think he should be in the team :?
Does anyone else think this or am i just a little bit mad? :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Darren Moss

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 pm

he's gonna have to be patent and wait for his chance, and work hard in training

personaly myself and Ive harped on about it before on here when we lost Yates, there was no being deal in replacing him as we already had Wainwright McStay Parrish who now id still have any three of them in that role before Moss
George Dawes

Postby Duffman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes you are mad. :lol:

He was given a decent run in the team and it could be argued he was given too much time to prove himself good enough to be in the XI. He had a very poor start and although he was improving, he wasn't improving fast enough. In my eyes the chance he was given was very generous when you consider McStay and Parrish can't even get close to a start.
Duffman

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 pm

The defence has looked a lot more solid without him. I think Gary Hunter could make that poition his over time and with McStay & Parish also able to play there who IMO are better players than Moss I think he could struggle to get back in the team.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Although he has shown good potential. He just isn't a right wing back, he is a right back and he plays extreamly well there.
Some of the tackles he has made were top noch. Although granted he made some clangers :( i would love to see him back in the team for a run of 3 games as just one more chance though
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm sure Darren Moss is a very good full back, but some players take time to settle in at a new club while others hit the ground running, every player has a loss of form at least a few times in their career, and i think that's the case with Moss.
steve mfc

Postby badger » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:46 pm

i think moss is not a wing back but just a full back, he is too slow for a wing back and imo he is not up to league 2 standard. from what i have heard shrewsbury were glad to get rid of him
badger

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 pm

I'd rather see Hunter given a decent run in the team before anyone else. He looked excellent at Rotherham and played well v Notts County
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Keith wrote:I'd rather see Hunter given a decent run in the team before anyone else. He looked excellent at Rotherham and played well v Notts County

yeah me to, Curtis couldn't bring the ball forward and beat his fullback tonight he just restored to the long ball, even though he put 100% in

or let Duffy have a go in that role in home matches
George Dawes

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:34 pm

I personally think that at this level a straight 442 with nothing fancy like wingbacks is the best bet, a good wingback plays at a higher level, a good fullback can be just as effecte doing his job and leaving it to the midfield to create chances, poor passing will always leave defences exposed when the wing back is out of position.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:I personally think that at this level a straight 442 with nothing fancy like wingbacks is the best bet, a good wingback plays at a higher level, a good fullback can be just as effecte doing his job and leaving it to the midfield to create chances, poor passing will always leave defences exposed when the wing back is out of position.

me to id rather play a 442 in a diamond shape midfield, with fullbacks getting forward but SM thinks different
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Keith wrote:I'd rather see Hunter given a decent run in the team before anyone else. He looked excellent at Rotherham and played well v Notts County

outstanding at dagenham and tonight
quality performances from garry
ockers

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Seeing that were not shipping goals left right and center lately, I'd urge not to change a thing. Untill then or injuries the back line shouldn't change.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Will D.M. take part against his old Club tomorrow I wonder :roll:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/10/0 ... rt-threat/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:35 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Will D.M. take part against his old Club tomorrow I wonder :roll:

hope so players always seem to do that little bit better against former clubs
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:57 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Will D.M. take part against his old Club tomorrow I wonder :roll:

yeah lets just blow our unbeaten good form out of the window all just for one player, who's teams form as improved without him..
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm sure Darren will be an excellent player for us eventually, but he needs to fight for a place back in the first team, so I hope he's on the bench tomorrow.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:42 am

i put it down to he's probably only played fullback in a 4 4 2 all his career, hence the costly mistakes not being use to the wingback role or 3rd centerback

he's just going to have to train hard and wait for his chance to get back in the first team
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:55 am

DawZi wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

yeah lets just blow our unbeaten good form out of the window all just for one player, who's teams form as improved without him..

I would not start with him but I would bring him on at some point in the game
heysham_mfc

Postby MattSTFC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 am

Those who have made reference to him playing wing back or centre back are spot on. Those aren't his positions, he will struggle to play well there and you'll probably not see the best of him playing in those positions.

He was as good a right back as I saw in the division last season playing in a 4-4-2, particularly in terms of his defending. If McIlroy didn't sign him to play as a right back then he may have chosen the wrong player to sign.
MattSTFC

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 am

MattSTFC wrote:Those who have made reference to him playing wing back or centre back are spot on. Those aren't his positions, he will struggle to play well there and you'll probably not see the best of him playing in those positions.

He was as good a right back as I saw in the division last season playing in a 4-4-2, particularly in terms of his defending. If McIlroy didn't sign him to play as a right back then he may have chosen the wrong player to sign.

thanks for the feedback! :)
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:49 am

DawZi wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

Yeay like a lot of people blamed Mossey for the poor second half performance against Rochdale, when in fact their first goal was down to a midfielder blunder and the other 2 were down to the errors of the LEFT BACK , who never loses his place, check the video.Like the guy from Shrews has told us , he's a right back not a wing back. :roll:
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:05 am

Yeay like a lot of people blamed Mossey for the poor second half performance against Rochdale, when in fact their first goal was down to a midfielder blunder and the other 2 were down to the errors of the LEFT BACK , who never loses his place, check the video.Like the guy from Shrews has told us , he's a right back not a wing back. :roll:

like i said in a previous comment

i put it down to he's probably only played fullback in a 4 4 2 all his career, hence the costly mistakes not being use to the wingback role or 3rd centerback
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 am

I like Moss, you don't come highly recommended for no reason and when we first signed him 99% of this board were extremely happy and couldn't wait to see him play. Some have used him as a scapegoat but I think he will come good, I actually don't think he was that bad.
He will settle with a good run in the team but first he will have to prove himself in training and sub appearences.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:40 pm

I think he will come good eventually, but people shouldn't get on his back for 1 or 2 mistakes...
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion